Ice_Breaker
    Ice_Breaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

FRIDAY _ 3 BIG BASEBALL_ games to bet on! thoughts-views

ok looking at the schedule we have 3 games that we should only be looking at. lets win some money.

these should be the easiest to double up a bankroll. lets look at these only and cash big.

ARIZONA vs NY METS
    CINCINNATI vs COLORADO
    MINNESOTA vs OAKLAND

right now i like all 3 home teams.

if i had to chose 1 big game it would be the oakland/minny game. oakland has a line at -125 right now and minny is throwing a rookie pitcher. kotsay is back, and kendall will catch. kennedy has some nice games, just no run support. does he get the run support tonight? i think he does.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

the pitcher starting for colorado is no better than the one for cincy

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBR forum

I do have to agree with AC in regards to his Cincy/Rockies pitching comments. We have two teams that are coming off of there semi-hot streaks here, and this game could go either way. However, I still say the Reds even with Livingston going tomorrow is the way to go over Buchholz and The Rockies.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

dodgers -140 and mets -125

detroit +150
    wsox +130
    angels -185

lean florida +135, seattle -150

really think st louis worth a shot at +175 wainright 2-0 against them and oswalt has dropped 5 to them in the past like I said at +175 might be worth a look

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Ice Breaker,

I will let Ganchrow determine what the mathematical odds of this happening is, but as I said in another thread, I bet 11 underdogs tonight, and the three games you listed are 3 of the 4 games I did NOT bet!

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

This looks like a job for the Inimitable Ganchrow HG.

Paging Dr. HG ...

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reporting for duty...SIR!

Ice, you actually picked 3 of the most uncertain games on the board.

Ari/Mets: Webb as an underdog or even money in any game at first glance seems like a questionable thing to do. Especially since Arizona's offense has woken up in a big way, and they have won 7 in a row as a team. Granted, Houston and Philly are nothing close to the Mets, but they are still big league teams, and this is Webb starting.

Add to it all that Beltran is out for the Mets, and their outfield will not exactly be murderer's row tonight. If Loduca sits, they'll be even worse off offensively. Not what you like to see when going against Webb as a favorite.

Maine is good, but has come down to earth a bit recently. The Arizona lineup is playing over their heads of course, and hitting at Houston and Philly will be much different from Shea. But still, overall, I think I like Arizona here, all things considered.

Cin/Col: Buchholz has very high volatility, and always has. He tends to either go 7 and give up 2 or fewer, or go 3 and give up 8 or more. If he is off, Cincy has the bats to take advantage.

True, Bobby Livingston is not a promising entity himself. He has gotten hit in the majors and minors the last few years, and going against the Rockies' lively bats at Coors are not favorable circumstances for him. Still, he could be reasonable effective.

I don't see much value with Colorado if there is any at all, though there may be.

Minn/Oak: Another very very uncertain game, due to first-time starter Slowey. Slowey seems to have the maturity and composure to be effective in the majors right off the bat, although of course with a first-time starter it's always risky. But he does have a style perfectly suited to do well at McAfee. He's similar to Brad Radke, a contact pitcher who gives up almost no walks. Oakland is good against pitchers prone to wildness, because their patient lineup can wait the guy out. But against Slowey, that won't work.

Still, this is a very low line for a home favorite with a decent lineup, pen, and starter, going against a team with a first-time starter. The line and its movement should tell you something about Slowey though. This game should be treaded very lightly, as where the value lies is unclear. But I don't think if Oakland has value, it is a whole lot.