The Dog
    The Dog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Top Play of the Day

I'm new to the site and love to wager on sports.
    I thought I could make a contribution by sharing my plays.
    I usually wager nickles and dimes on one play, last year I made just over $29,000 on baseball. Lots of knowledgable people here and I want to get to make new friends and kill the books, my favorite past time.

Top play of the Day
    Dodgers vs Nationals
    Dodgers (-140) Hendrickson vs Bowie
    I'm going to lay $700 to win $500 in this ball game. One thing I like to do is look at who is hot and who is not. Dodgers and Nationals fit that profile. The bats of the Dodgers are hot and the Nationals have gone south. The Dodgers will be looking to shut out the Nationals in a 3 game set which has not been done since 1966 when the Dodgers blanked the Houston Astros in a four game series. The Dodgers are on a 10 game road trip and have beaten the Nationals 5 straight now dating back to last year. The wind tonight is light and blowing SSE at 10mph, if it was blowing in I would have been a little concerned. Rating on play 4 STARS out of 5.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to the SBR forum Dog

I'm really not sure what to make of this game to be honest with you. It does appear that the Nats have reverted back to there losing ways right now, because they can't score at all right now. However, Hendrickson has looked sorta shaky in his past few outings.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to the forum.

I don't lean one way or the other in this one, but that's just too much chalk, even if it is against the Nationals...

The Dog

Thanks for the feedback bigboydan. Yesterday, Bush had a solid outing until the pen screwed it up in the late innings.
    Starting pitchers is only one part of handicapping baseball, you have to look at the big picture.
    Astros have lost 10 in a row, Royals have lost 7 in a row, so streaks are a big part of baseball. The offense and bullpens are just as important as the starting pitcher.
    Hendickson is not a pitcher I really want to lay this kind of price. But I don't see Bowie going to deep seeing how the Dodgers are swinging the sticks, so the clowns from the bullpen will be in this game before the 6th inning or earlier.
    The Nat's are struggling at the plate and the pitching staff of the Dogers are top in the league in strikeouts.
    Overall, the Dodgers have more going for them in this game than the Nationals Also the motivation to shut out a team in a series since 1966!!!!

The Dog

Thanks Senator, love that name.

The Dog

Is that you behind that knockout, BIGBOY