The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

May 30 Ganchalysis: plays I'm looking hard at

Toronto ML, under: These Yankee lines just seem way off, I'm not sure what is driving them. The Yanks opened as a moderate road fave, and then the line went way up. I just don't think it's justified. And 11 is a highish number. These starters are young and will be vulnerable, but they also have ability and have each pitched good games in the majors.

TB ML, TB RL, over: The Detroit pen is bad of course, and now Robertson is having what seem to be real troubles. He may well be hurt and I wouldn't be surprised if he went on the DL at some point soon (as I actually called with Zumaya, in my post on it a few weeks ago). He has given up 37 hits and 16 runs over 20 innings in his last 4 starts! That is a notably bad stretch, and it's not likely to be incidental. Tampa Bay is a risky bet at all times now, of course, but they are most promising when they have Shields starting, and when they are facing a team with as bad a pen as they have. So add it all up, and I think there's value with the ML, the RL, and the over.

Colorado RL: St Louis is not having an easy time with it in general right now, and tonight they are starting converted reliever Wellmeyer in his first major league start. He should be ok, since he was a starter in the minors. But he did pitch on the 26th, and in general he may not go deep in this game. Colorado starter Hirsch is solid and dependable, and Colorado's edge is enhanced by the RL. If Wellemayer has a sharp outing, as he may, Stl should win. But if he struggles or exits early, Colorado will likely win by more than 1.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like were on the same page tonight with a couple of these games Mr.GanchrowHG.

I too like the Blue Jays tonight. The Yankees move has to be a public type move IMO. I feel the betting public is thinking there is no way they are going to get swept in Toronto.

I also like the Rockies tonight as well. The Cardinals are just way too unstable right now, and they have way too many problems right now. Wellmeyer won't make more than 80 pitches in this game, and who really knows how he will do tonight considering they have a rookie catcher starting tonight. Even if Eckstien is back in the lineup tonight he back problems will come into play as well IMO

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I admit, as an average fan, it's difficult to think the Yankees will be swept again. I wouldn't bet against them, but I certainly wouldn't bet for them either...