bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roy Halladay returns to the hill tomorrow

This should be one good pitching matchup tomorrow with him going against Buehrle.

Anyone know what type of pitch count Halladay might be on tomorrow?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't know about the count and I was tempted to take the ChiSox at +145 - but the Jays roll against lefties mostly.

icemaster47
    icemaster47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

From what I heard from the FAN590 here in TO, he's 100% and raring to go. I doubt there will be a pitch count, especially since the pen threw 8 1/3 innings tonight. I am staying away from the game, but Halladay always seems to deliver the quality starts when they are needed most.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's usually trouble that first start when pitchers come off the DL. Then factor that in with that juicy price your getting with the White Sox, and I'm really not sure what to think about this game just yet.

icemaster47
    icemaster47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

BBD, that's what I thought about Beckett and the BoSox Tuesday - hence my shot on the Tribe.

Didn't quite work out that way. YMMV. For me, a sure stay-away... but GL whatever you do.

Terpman92
    Terpman92's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with Dan on this. The ChiSox are worth the risk tonight at that price. Halladay will return to form soon, once he's back a couple of rotations.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Too close to call but if I had to choose I'd take the CWS at that price. Also, if Halladay and B-boy are both on and it comes down to the pens the CWS pen is in much better shape because of Litsche's issues with the NYY last night.

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

The ChiSox are a value at this price. Halliday hasn't even been as good this season as he has been in previous years and now he is getting too much respect after a shortened stint on DL.

Of course an apendectomy isn't what it used to be. I had one a few years back and was back doing run-throughs with my football team a mere 6 days after being discharged from the hospital. Still, he should be a bit rusty.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys I like the Jays and Halladay tonight, although I like them with the RL more, due to the volatility of Buehrle as well as Halladay and the Sox lineup.

I like to play on pitchers coming off the DL for non-arm related injuries (see also: Bonderman, Beckett).

Halladay has been fine this year. Before his last two starts prior to going on the DL, he was 4-0 with a 2.28 ERA. Then he had those 2 inexplicably bad starts. And then he goes on the DL for appendicitis. You think there could be any connection between the bad starts and the appendicitis? Perhaps not, but it certainly looks that way.