buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Taking the Tigers

Carmona is hittable and the Tribe will learn that the hard way tonight. Look for Maroth to have a classic outing vs the Tribe. He has enjoyed a great deal of success vs them in the recent past.

Play: Tigers ML for one dime.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carmona is not hittable. I don't know where you heard that from. And maroth is poopie. Carmona is also very good against detroit.

buztah

Books want you on the Tribe as the public's rationale is faulty tonight. Detroit to win. Carmona will be taken out by the 6th. Books set a trap imo. Caution.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    Books want you on the Tribe as the public's rationale is faulty tonight. Detroit to win. Carmona will be taken out by the 6th. Books set a trap imo. Caution.
    For a book to set a trap line, it would have to know what was going to happen in the game. Does the head linesmaker at The Greek have a Delorean? Do they know a lot about these sports? Absolutely. But to say that a line (especially baseball) is a trap line is a little far fetched.

I don't have action in this one, but Carmona is the real deal and Maroth is not...

Only a dime on Detroit tonight? I was expecting you to sell your wife and kids...

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting take on the game, the line sure did jump out at me as a bit suspicious. I don't know if I am a member of the oft-trapped public or not, I can't tell.

But I think I'm going to stick with it, I took the RL anyway, so if the books are trapping me, they're not going to come away with too much. Besides I've already repeatedly trapped them with the exact same traps all week long, namely Cincinnati overs and Washington MLs. I can't believe they kept falling for it over and over again.

Yes Maroth has done well vs Cleveland in recent years. But fine, let's say he's as highly rated for this game as Verlander or Bonderman. Detroit is still going to have to go to their pen at some point. Maroth doesn't go particularly deep into games. He could easily be out of this one after 6. And then real trouble starts. Jones is the closer, not that that is such a great thing either. But there's no one in the middle. Byrdak? He's not so great and he would be going a third day in a row. Miner? Seay? Ledezma? Even if Maroth keeps Detroit in the game, things will still be shaky after that. Detroit has to blast people away offensively to win these days. Even if Carmona is hittable, they'll have to hit him hard. Polanco will probably be out as well. It would take a decent amount of surprises for Detroit to win IMO, and going against those surprises at close to even money I think is a good bet.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Inititally, I liked the Tigers in this one. For whatever reason, the Indians have had very little success against Maroth, and I think Carmona is overpriced at this point. There was value with Carmona earlier in the season, but with his success, I feel the value is gone. He's young and has plus stuff, but he's still largely unproven. I think the middle of the Tigers' lineup will get to him tonight. Really the only factor keeping me from taking Detroit is that nightmare of a bullpen. With Zumaya and now Rodney out, I just can't trust that pen if this game is reasonably close late, which I expect it to be. The Tigers are tempting as a home dog against an inexperienced pitcher, but I'm passing on this game.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

buztah you've lost any credibility you might have had before, at least in my eyes

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow HG View Post
    Interesting take on the game, the line sure did jump out at me as a bit suspicious. I don't know if I am a member of the oft-trapped public or not, I can't tell.

But I think I'm going to stick with it, I took the RL anyway, so if the books are trapping me, they're not going to come away with too much. Besides I've already repeatedly trapped them with the exact same traps all week long, namely Cincinnati overs and Washington MLs. I can't believe they kept falling for it over and over again.

Yes Maroth has done well vs Cleveland in recent years. But fine, let's say he's as highly rated for this game as Verlander or Bonderman. Detroit is still going to have to go to their pen at some point. Maroth doesn't go particularly deep into games. He could easily be out of this one after 6. And then real trouble starts. Jones is the closer, not that that is such a great thing either. But there's no one in the middle. Byrdak? He's not so great and he would be going a third day in a row. Miner? Seay? Ledezma? Even if Maroth keeps Detroit in the game, things will still be shaky after that. Detroit has to blast people away offensively to win these days. Even if Carmona is hittable, they'll have to hit him hard. Polanco will probably be out as well. It would take a decent amount of surprises for Detroit to win IMO, and going against those surprises at close to even money I think is a good bet.

Ganch, good post. Books have the ML at better paying odds for Det than Clev, leading the public to believe that the Tribe is justifiably favored. Many will lay the chalk on the Tribe since they won the first 2 of the series. Books aren't stupid. Look for them to clean up on a det win tonight. Prediction: Tigers 8 and Indians 4.

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    buztah you've lost any credibility you might have had before, at least in my eyes
    fade me from now on then

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I rode CLE in the first 2 games of this series. Me thinks the time is right to jump to the Tiggers. I like 'em at +102 right now.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

buztah your games have been all losers and it was a good thing to fade you this past 9 days but tonight I already took the tigers and I hope you are correct, I had a really good day so far and would really like to put the nail in the coffin I have under as well.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Tigers here @+102

later

rjt721

Was going to pass, but I'm gonna roll with the Tigers tonight. Just can't ignore Maroth's numbers against Cleveland the last three years: 8-1, 1.89 ERA in 10 GS.

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28246

9 out of 14series were sweeps so far this weekend, 7 of them by the visiting team. Cleveland will try and make it 10 of 15. note that pit-cin play a 4th game on Monday.
    Last edited by xxx; 05-27-07 at 09:10 PM.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

go tigers

my reason for picking the tigers is a bit bizzare, but it is a true story. i was gonna take the tribes, but on the way home i ran into a crazy homeless guy. so i asked him should i bet on the tribes tonight...and he yelled out, " no no no...no no no...no no no" this goes on for about 2 min. so i think that is a sign, so i bet on the tigers.

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28246

Mama Mia 4-0 INDIANS

rjt721

4-0 Tribe....Maroth's getting raped.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

this game looks like cleveland and over

buztah you did it again

giving out the opposite is keeping you winning
    Last edited by AC1318; 05-27-07 at 07:35 PM.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Let's go Tigers!

buztah

The ole reverse boggie

Books pulled a reverse boggie Joe Public trap. No worries. they piss me off now. 20k bet tomorrow to nail em. Nite, boys.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    Books pulled a reverse boggie Joe Public trap. No worries. they piss me off now. 20k bet tomorrow to nail em. Nite, boys.
    Can't wait, don't know baseball but I know your a genuis. Fading you big time tomorrow.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm disappointed in you buztah. I would have thought you would have bet the late night Filipino slap boxing matching tonight in order to get your units back.

The Heim
    The Heim's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess nobody told you nice folks over here about the road team
    sweep angle....if there are 6 road team sweeps prior to the Indians
    game do you think the Tigers are a good karma play?...

btw, Indians did make it seven...LOL
    Last edited by The Heim; 05-27-07 at 11:18 PM.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

i think i am getting retarded...from reading buztah posts, but i can't help myself since he is the biggest clown on this forum...somewhat entertaining.