jameski999
    jameski999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4260

Royals vs Mets (Royals in 5)

By this time Friday night the Royals will have beat 2 teams better then this Mets team. Grandy, Wright and Duda ain't shit. Murphy can't continue to homer every night and Cespedes doesn't hit KC particularly well. Mets with slight advantage in SP but not a big enough difference to decide the series. I do hope everyone prepares themselves for the Ny rooster swallowing were bout to have to endure by the national media for the next week or so

Terps1993
    Terps1993's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34372

Mets with "slight advantage in SP" LOL
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JameisBrady

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

the royals are the texas rangers of 4-5 years ago. they won't close out their run.

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

I see the Mets are still not getting any respect!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Mets are winning World Series, their pitching is too good for Kansas City (or even Toronto if Jays come back).

Give me the better pitching in a four-of-seven every time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JameisBrady

RRNJ13
    RRNJ13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

mets get it done

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Mets are winning World Series, their pitching is too good for Kansas City (or even Toronto if Jays come back).

Royals play to their opponents, youll see them go to an extra gear to take out the mets just like they went an extra gear from astros to blue jays

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2673

KC has taken down some decent pitchers in the Houston and Toronto series but the Mets pitchers I agree are better. Think the Royals are going to get it done this year knowing how close they came to winning from last year. Any idea what the series price would be for a Royals/Mets World series and who has the home field advantage?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Royals play to their opponents, youll see them go to an extra gear to take out the mets just like they went an extra gear from astros to blue jays
    They could go to as many gears as they want, they are not used to facing the quality and the velocity of the Mets staff on a nightly basis. It is like trying to hit against the flame-throwing Kansas City bullpen, expect it is from the start of the game every game.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    KC has taken down some decent pitchers in the Houston and Toronto series but the Mets pitchers I agree are better. Think the Royals are going to get it done this year knowing how close they came to winning from last year. Any idea what the series price would be for a Royals/Mets World series and who has the home field advantage?
    Kansas City has home field advantage, Mets will be favored for series. Maybe Mets -135/+115.

jameski999

I guess I didn't realize the Mets were running out Seaver and Koufax. What happened to Harvey quitting on his team? Royals with better bullpen better Defense and better lineup 1-9. Kc got 90 feet away from the Championship last year and still can't get the taste out of their mouths. Beauty of this game is it will be settled on the field here in a week or so should be fun

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

The national media wants the Mets as KC is a boring city in fly-over country.

The Royals won't be denied after coming so close last year.

LT Profits

WOW, 5 Dimes has ROYALS -120 / Mets -110, which translates to -115/-105 on 20-cent line. Great value on Mets IMO.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by jameski999 View Post
    I guess I didn't realize the Mets were running out Seaver and Koufax. What happened to Harvey quitting on his team? Royals with better bullpen better Defense and better lineup 1-9. Kc got 90 feet away from the Championship last year and still can't get the taste out of their mouths. Beauty of this game is it will be settled on the field here in a week or so should be fun
    Mets will have starting pitching edge in every game assuming Royals use four-man rotation.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

Mets will have starting pitching edge in every game assuming Royals use four-man rotation.
    No they wont have every edge.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    No they wont have every edge.
    Of course they will. Name one game where they won't? (assuming Matz vs. Young in New York in Game 4)

Keep in mind, I am talking about STARTING pitching. Takes Royals bullpen out of the equation if KC can't get an early lead.

jameski999

Of course they will. Name one game where they won't? (assuming Matz vs. Young in New York in Game 4)

Keep in mind, I am talking about STARTING pitching. Takes Royals bullpen out of the equation if KC can't get an early lead.
    So what youre saying is Royals will be dogs in every game they play against the mets? But 5Dimes has them as the favorites to win the series? How can u dismiss KC's bullpen? Are the Mets going to throw complete games? While I believe the Mets SP is really good but they aren't dominant. This Royals team puts the ball in play and doesn't strikeout.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by jameski999 View Post
    So what youre saying is Royals will be dogs in every game they play against the mets? But 5Dimes has them as the favorites to win the series? How can u dismiss KC's bullpen? Are the Mets going to throw complete games? While I believe the Mets SP is really good but they aren't dominant. This Royals team puts the ball in play and doesn't strikeout.
    No I am not saying that. Royals will be small favorites in first two games only because they are home. Mets will be bigger favorites in Game 3 and Game 5 and smaller favorite Game 4 assuming Matz vs. Young. But Mets starters are better every game regardless of KC being favored at home. And I am not dismissing KC pen, nothing I said earlier even implies that. I said that their pen may not have many (or any) leads to protect, which takes away that advantage. And it doesn't matter if Mets starters are "dominant" or not, everything is relative so all that matters is that they are better than the Royals starters. deGrom, Syndergaard and Harvey would all be the ace of the KC staff if either pitched for the Royals.

And it is not as if the Mets bullpen is not good either.

boogieman
    boogieman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6852

Lt royals dont need early lead to win a game.dont know stats but wouldnt be afraid to say royals prob. in top 3 of teams that were down after 4-5-6 inning and come out victorious.sll year long.look at 2 outs in inning were they rallied for 2-4 runs with nobody on base.team can win in any situation.just saying,gl.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    Lt royals dont need early lead to win a game.dont know stats but wouldnt be afraid to say royals prob. in top 3 of teams that were down after 4-5-6 inning and come out victorious.sll year long.look at 2 outs in inning were they rallied for 2-4 runs with nobody on base.team can win in any situation.just saying,gl.
    But no team in the AL has as deep a quality staff as the Mets. Just saying.

And good luck to you too, as well as to jameski

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

wrong. hitting wins championships. not hr hitting. clutch hitting 1-9.

not gonna win a ship scoring 3-4 runs a game unless you're playing a shit offense like the 2012 tigers

Terps1993

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

not gonna win a ship scoring 3-4 runs a game unless you're playing a shit offense like the 2012 tigers
    Pitching wins championships, I think the Giants and Cardinals have proven that

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Terps1993 View Post
    Pitching wins championships, I think the Giants and Cardinals have proven that
    Cardinals won championships with their clutch hitting, not pitching.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

LT Profits

Dead wrong, great pitching stops great hitting, always has and always will.

LT Profits

Cardinals won championships with their clutch hitting, not pitching.
    Cardinals didn't face any staffs as good top to bottom as this Mets staff while winning those championships. In fact, THEY were the team with the better pitching in their winning World Series matchups.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Cardinals didn't face any staffs as good top to bottom as this Mets staff while winning those championships. In fact, THEY were the team with the better pitching in their winning World Series matchups.
    KC Royals have the better, more patient line up. They don't need to "kill" the ball to win. They too can play small ball when needed. The advantage for the Mets will be at home when KC loses one batter. Just an opinion.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    KC Royals have the better, more patient line up. They don't need to "kill" the ball to win. They too can play small ball when needed. The advantage for the Mets will be at home when KC loses one batter. Just an opinion.
    Was ANY team better at small ball than KC this year?

LT Profits

Bottom line is that the Mets have to most important edge any team can have in a four-out-of-seven, and in my mind that trumps everything else.

Demonata

Bottom line is that the Mets have to most important edge any team can have in a four-out-of-seven, and in my mind that trumps everything else.
    Sure didnt help the nationals,dodgers,mariners or padres who I say have a better pitching rotation than the mets. Its about clutch hitting and bullpen. Also experience is a big part. Royals dominant this year just like last year so there pitching is fine.They get the job done.

Goat Milk

Cards beat the Rangers with hitting

Cards beat the best pitcher of this generation (Kershaw -- don't even compare any of the mets pitchers to him) TWICE with clutch hitting. Why? Bc EVERYONE in the lineup 1-9 can hit. No one is a liability. There's no flaws in the offense. The Mets lineup is trash.

Royals don't even have to play small ball. They can play small, they can go power, they can walk. The Royals number 9 hitter Rios is better than EVERY SINGLE HITTER ON THE METS NOT NAMED MURPHY AND CESPEDES.

THAT'S A JOKE....

Terps1993

Sure didnt help the nationals,dodgers,mariners or padres who I say have a better pitching rotation than the mets. Its about clutch hitting and bullpen. Also experience is a big part. Royals dominant this year just like last year so there pitching is fine.They get the job done.
    You mean the same Nationals who the Mets beat out for the division and Dodgers who mets outpitched and beat in the NLDS have better pitching? What does it take for people to realize DeGrom, Harvey, Syndergaard are as good or better than any 3 in the league?

Goat Milk

The Royals are gonna average 5 runs a game for the series no matter who is on the mound.

The Mets are gonna be able to hang and actually score some runs? And they better do it before the 7th inning, because after that KC bullpen is shut down

LT Profits

Not true, Mets have the best first four starters in baseball. That is why they are where they are.

MoeSedway
    MoeSedway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1987

LOLLLLLLLLLLL at the Padres and Mariners having better rotations than the Mets. Good God.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by MoeSedway View Post
    LOLLLLLLLLLLL at the Padres and Mariners having better rotations than the Mets. Good God.
    Its true.

123 Last