The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

5/27 Ganchalysis: plays I'm looking at

Angels ML: This one is pretty straightforward. The Yankees couldn't beat the Angels in the first two games of this series with starters who are in a bit better form than Mussina. The Angels should be competitive in this one again, and probably have value as an underdog. Depending on line movements, weather, and lineups, I'll be looking at the over as well. If it goes to 9, the Angels could easily come close to that all by themselves if Mussina continues to struggle.

Mets RL, over: More of the same in this game is likely. The Mets hit lefties well, and Olsen is vulnerable. Florida could win outright of course, but a one-run win by the Mets is unlikely. The over should have value as well, unless there is a wind blowing in and the teams sit some big bats. But if most of the big guys are playing and it's normal weather out, over 9 probably has value.

Pitt/Cin over: I'll be waiting for lineups, weather, and line movements, but the basics for an over here are in place, as they have been all week at Cincinnati. Lively bats, shaky pens, and vulnerable starters are involved here once again.

Wash ML: The Washington big road underdog money train keeps a-rolling. Yesterday, they were set up with unpromising circumstances; a somewhat extended bullpen and their most illegitimate starter, but they still almost won. Today things look better for them. The important pen guys got a day of rest, and Matt Chico can give another performance where he barely gets by but still leaves with Washington in the game. Wainwright is unreliable right now, as he is having many nagging health problems. Washington should be able to keep it close and may come again with yet another win as a big road underdog.

KC ML, over: I think there's a bit of value in both of these. KC as a home underdog should be competitive with Perez a reasonable starter. And the over of 9 or 9.5 at plus odds is not too high, considering that both starters could get hit. Both teams are on consecutive over streaks, and this game doesn't present anything to think a change is in store with this standard total.

Cle RL: Detroit is likely about to embark on a long period of mediocrity at best, and they'll be vulnerable here tonight. Maroth doesn't inspire confidence vs the Cleveland lineup, and of course the Detroit pen will give Cleveland a solid second chance if Maroth does somehow leave with a lead. Polanco was injured yesterday, and contact starter Carmona could easily excel here at forgiving Comerica Park.

cwsulzba
    cwsulzba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I strongly agree with your mets and indians games. All the others I could go either way with. The only one that I disagree with is the Royals game, I think they are in a rut currently, I think the Mariners will be ready to sweep them tomorrow.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree 100% on your Halo's analyzes Mr.GanchrowHG. According to my numbers it clearly shows that Lackey is getting some super value in this game. I will wait this line out till I can get the tip top price come game time though, because we both know that everyone will be betting against the Yankees getting swept at home.

I'm passing on that Mets/Fish game personally. I know it's hard to bet against the Mets considering they have won there last 7 straight games at Florida.

In regards to that Washington play of yours. I too like them as well today, but I will await the lineup cards on this one. I know there is a good chance of rain all day here, so that could hurt the Nats due to there awful bullpen.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have problems betting against the yankees because I am a yankee fan. But as a yankee fan, I can also tell you that skillwise, they are probably the best team in the majors. It is just about them playing to their potential. You have to remember that Mussina is a former ace who may pitch a great game.

Historically, the angels are able to beat up on the Yankees. However, I do not know if this game will stay true to history.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    Historically, the angels are able to beat up on the Yankees. However, I do not know if this game will stay true to history.
    Thats what I'm hoping the public thinks

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

fifawcs,

I can tell you that skillwise, the Yankees are not even the best team in the state of New York right now!

Sure they are capable of scoring 10 runs at any time, but this is the worst pitching staff they have had in years. Wang is widely considered to be their ace, which just about says it all right there. I mean he is a decent pitcher, but he is far from an ace-type, more like a third starter for most good teams. Then there is the middle relief. Middle relief? Um, anyone? Anyone? It is a shame that they have one of the best closers in history in Rivera, but he is just being wasted with no leads to protect. Finally, their defense has been a horror show.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Another easy over with the Reds. You can count on the ball flying out of Great American when it heats up like this.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    I have problems betting against the yankees because I am a yankee fan. But as a yankee fan, I can also tell you that skillwise, they are probably the best team in the majors. It is just about them playing to their potential. You have to remember that Mussina is a former ace who may pitch a great game.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I said skill wise, meaning if they play to their potential. They aren't close to playing towards that at this point.