Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

I really feel the Cubs win this game! The league doesn't want this series to be 0-3

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep_Life 42 View Post
    I really feel the Cubs win this game! The league doesn't want this series to be 0-3
    Yeah, this isnt the NBA or NFL.
    Baseball is the only pure game (minus roids) as far as the best teams winning day in and day out.
    No one has any control of any outcome in an MLB game.
    It's the fairest game there is.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Mets only hitting .162 VS Hendricks Lifetime.

Michael J. Fox!!!! Get this crowd PUMPPPPPPPPPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You need to hang out with that d2bets guy rofl
    He got laughed out of the other Mets thread spouting off his "cubs were 7-0 vs the mets this year" ridiculousness.
    Mets had 2 different teams this year.
    Cubs payed them when they were scrubs.
    The real Mets are about to sweep obviously.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Chess is a pretty fair game.
    So is golf.
    Baseballs not even in the top 20.

bigmouth is right though, Cubs are a completely different team.
    Like the Jays. Bought a good team before deadline.
    Cubs should roll

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Any pitching Matchup from here on in is going to be laughable unless Price is pitching vs. them.
    Other than that, the Mets are in the best shape of the 4 teams right now.
    I almost want the Cubs to win one in case the Royals-Jays go 7 games. But I don't see it happening.
    The last thing I want with the Mets team is multiple days off.
    Degrom and Harvey BOTH prefer to pitch on regular rest and HATE additional days off.
    I want them fresh.
    haha dude have you seen price pitch in october? I wouldnt be worried about him at all. if that royals series even goes 6 he's gonna be on the mound when they clinch it at kauffman stadium (royals that is)

in the world series the mets would be slight underdogs to the royals but when you go pitcher for pitcher it won't be close honestly. volquez v. harvey is the closest IMO and even that I would give to harvey.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You need to hang out with that d2bets guy rofl
    He got laughed out of the other Mets thread spouting off his "cubs were 7-0 vs the mets this year" ridiculousness.
    Mets had 2 different teams this year.
    Cubs payed them when they were scrubs.
    The real Mets are about to sweep obviously.
    D2 doesn't like me much. I dissed his boy Derrick Rose a year ago. Don't ever hate on his Chi Town teams.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by JameisBrady View Post
    haha dude have you seen price pitch in october? I wouldnt be worried about him at all. if that royals series even goes 6 he's gonna be on the mound when they clinch it at kauffman stadium (royals that is)

in the world series the mets would be slight underdogs to the royals but when you go pitcher for pitcher it won't be close honestly. volquez v. harvey is the closest IMO and even that I would give to harvey.
    Yeah, it's very abnormal with Royals because game for game they are hard to make favored because they really don't have any reliable starters, but at the same time they are expected to win.
    When will the Royals be favored over Degrom, Harvey, or Thor?
    If you can't find a game they are going to be favored in, how can they be favored for the series? It's pretty interesting and you hardly ever see it really.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

D2 doesn't like me much. I dissed his boy Derrick Rose a year ago. Don't ever hate on his Chi Town teams.
    Rose is shit.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Take a breather man, you've been in denial since the first pitch of game 1.
    You should have taken my advice from your other thread when you were spouting off about the Cubs 7-0 regular season record vs. the MEts.
    I warned you it was irrelevant and not to go busted betting those losers these first 2 games.
    But yet you try and revert to Hendriks vs. the MEts again here haha.
    Cmon dude, just stop.
    Hendriks is fkn garbage.
    Cubs only played the Mets in the first cpl months of the season.
    This isn't some lucky fluke here. Mets are easily the better team.
    lol when we used to argue about bulls heat playoffs, he would always cite how the bulls either swept miami in the reg season or went 3-1 against them. i warned him as well. guy is so biased. he never learns.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

i think royal or blue jays will both smoke those fast ball pitcher from the mets. de grom and syndergard. it doesn't matter if its a pitching mismatch. world series is all about clutch hitting bro. everyone says pitching. unless you have an ace that can go 9 on 2 days rest like bumgarner, it's not really about pitching as much as cold blooded hitting, not hr hitting, royals type hitting. walks, singles, doubles, 2 out hits. let the mets get their 4 runs off a royals starter before herrera and davis shut them out. royals will score 5 runs every game prolly. outside of the top 4 mets hitters, no one in that lineup is a threat. i'll take the royals 9 hitter rios over any one in the mets lineup not named murphy or cespedes. just think about that... fukk relying on 2-3 runs a game to win....it's very hard to win a world series like that unless you're playing a team that can't run or hit in the clutch like the 2012 tigers

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

lifetime batting vs a pitcher means zero

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Quote Originally Posted by JameisBrady View Post

Have you ever seen DeGrom pitch in October? Apparently the "Cubs win" crowd has not. And if there's a game the Cubs learn that Murphy is just another bat in the lineup it's tonight.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Murphy a slightly above average bat with below average defense having some insane at bats this postseason no doubt. Father time says reality is knocking on the door though, Met homers probably building monuments mentally already much like David Freese. Helluva run hope he gets tons of money and locks up that payroll along with Bonilla.

MoeSedway
    MoeSedway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    i think royal or blue jays will both smoke those fast ball pitcher from the mets. de grom and syndergard. it doesn't matter if its a pitching mismatch. world series is all about clutch hitting bro. everyone says pitching. unless you have an ace that can go 9 on 2 days rest like bumgarner, it's not really about pitching as much as cold blooded hitting, not hr hitting, royals type hitting. walks, singles, doubles, 2 out hits. let the mets get their 4 runs off a royals starter before herrera and davis shut them out. royals will score 5 runs every game prolly. outside of the top 4 mets hitters, no one in that lineup is a threat. i'll take the royals 9 hitter rios over any one in the mets lineup not named murphy or cespedes. just think about that... fukk relying on 2-3 runs a game to win....it's very hard to win a world series like that unless you're playing a team that can't run or hit in the clutch like the 2012 tigers
    I think you're underestimating the secondary stuff of the Mets starters. Their arsenals include much more than gas.
    Last edited by MoeSedway; 10-20-15 at 04:12 PM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    I think OP is right.

Cubs are a better home team and there is an advantage more so at wriggly than some parks.

That said, Cubs pitching just doesn't match up to win this series with Arrieta losing. How could they win 4?

Mets get at least 1 here. Mets won't lose both at home even if Cubs get this back to NY, which I highly doubt that.

Sorry 2dbank but Cubs great run just ran into a better ball club.

As for beating Cardinals, they were injured and had no pitching.
    lol, doesnt hurt my feelings. . i kinda hoped scrubbies would win a championship then i encountered their sorry clown ass fans when i went to gm 2 of cards series and now i like the fact they will always be losers just like their fan base.. funny how those folks swelled up and acted like something special after centuries of being humble, little winning changes ppl and they showed their true colors as obnoxious losers acting like they won something every time their sorry team got a man on base hope muts sweep these pussies

ByeShea

The league doesn't want this series to be 0-3
    Interesting!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Line got hit hard. Didn't expect that.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Line got hit hard. Didn't expect that.

BigNuts did to start the thread...

Honestly, this line could drop, as morons have gotten buried on the cubs the first 2 games (and jays as well) and are in complete denial. ...

Jeep_Life 42

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Interesting!

good one
    Points Awarded:

ByeShea gave Jeep_Life 42 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pass

Nobody knows weather conditions yet
    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

Mr. Gold, I respectfully withdraw my lmao emoticon. It seems weather could indeed be a factor going forward, even for the world series, both in Chicago and in NY.

It will be cold. Not saying this will happen this year, but doesn't the MLB have a policy to cancel games due to extreme cold?

The cold weather, wet or not, could affect the game.

Terps1993
    Terps1993's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34372

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Have you even watched Harvey DeGrom and Syndergaard pitch? They do more than just throw heat, they have excellent command of their offspeed pitches which is what makes the difference in a heat thrower like Ventura on the royals and an ace like DeGrom.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoeSedway

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Been holding out here BigNuts, getting ready to go in at the best price...don't fuk us here!!

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

down to -107

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    down to -107
    As predicted.
    TIME TO POUND IT
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

MoeSedway
    MoeSedway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1987

I've bet the Mets every game this postseason; don't plan on stopping tonight with them rolling. deGrom and the Metropolitans at -110 locked in.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

As predicted.
    TIME TO POUND IT

I thought you "predicted" to lay the hammer at -130? Or did you first lay the hammer and now you also want to pound it?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

-130?

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

I tend to agree with Mets being the play.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

I thought you "predicted" to lay the hammer at -130? Or did you first lay the hammer and now you also want to pound it?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    -130?
    the line opened at -130 you stupid fukks
    The prediction was the line goes down after the opener

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

the line opened at -130 you stupid fukks
    The prediction was the line goes down after the opener

Before you call other people stupid fukks go and look in the mirror. You predicted the line could drop yet you still took -130?

Why didn't you wait?

Now try to respond without calling names. See if you can do that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

Jeep_Life 42

Pounding the Mets tonight!? I need a winner badly!

ByeShea

Pounding the Mets tonight!? I need a winner badly!
    Pound it. DeGrom vs. a rag arm.

Action on the Cubs because their bats are due - one more time, DeGrom vs. a rag arm. Know who else is due? Cespedes. Mother of God, when that guy goes off it's officially over.

Jeep_Life 42

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Pound it. DeGrom vs. a rag arm.

Action on the Cubs because their bats are due - one more time, DeGrom vs. a rag arm. Know who else is due? Cespedes. Mother of God, when that guy goes off it's officially over.
    I am going to trail you bro!

ByeShea

I am going to trail you bro!
    Let's do this. Mets will have to sweep the Cubs to gain betting respect - but truthfully heads started turning back around All-Star break when they managed to be 1st place in the NL East while lugging the worst offense in the majors.

And I'll go a little further - regarding the alleged genius of Joe Maddon. Why the fack did he let Arrieta go 9 innings in the wild card game with a 4-run lead? He hasn't been the same since. And did he not see the scouting report on Cespedes' arm prior to challenging it in Game 2? While the Mets defense overall isn't much, Cespedes has among the strongest arms in the majors. That was a remarkably dumb thing to do, really hurt the Cubs.

Meanwhile Collins, who Met fans don't even like, has been putting an impressive post-season campaign together one game at a time. He's even managed to work in some quality relief innings for the bullpen instead of keeping all the pressure on starters and their lone closer. In doing so, we saw Clippard's best outing since August. If (still a big if) he has his stuff, Mets are that much stronger a bet.

Most compelling reasons Cubs backers can give is that it's warmer than in games 1&2, as if the Mets were playing in a different conditions than the Cubs or something.

First 1234 Last