Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

the jays have no faith in price...

pay him all that money to start a guy that just came off an acl surgery?

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

I would rather see price vs hamels ace vs ace winner moves on

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

that would be the right move. price should've signed with the dodgers.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Price has looked subpar vs Texas. Storman the better choice tomorrow.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Gibbons is an idiot but stroman is probably the better choice at this point in time. He might be like wacha was to the cards a couple years who if the jays go far.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Lot of pressure on the Jays. I think Texas might have a shot to win this.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

gibbons is a moron... once jays win tomorrow gibbons is a genius... blah blah blah

hans83
    hans83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 569

jays will lose with either price or stroman

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    gibbons is a moron... once jays win tomorrow gibbons is a genius... blah blah blah
    I don't think anyone has ever said gibbons and genius in the same sentence

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    I don't think anyone has ever said gibbons and genius in the same sentence
    you are right

however there is a first for everything

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

It's the Jays game to lose tomorrow...

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

if stroman gets lit up like a christmas tree gibbons will probably get fired making the biggest bonehead movie in history. Francesca made a great statement yesterday if he would of let price pitch they would of blamed price but now that stroman is pitching they aint gonna blame a 24 year old rookie they are gonna blame the manager for putting all the pressure on the 24 year kid instead of the cy young pitcher

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't consider price an ace anymore I mean please his fastball is is high 90s but its straight as an arrow and hittable as fukk hes not swing and miss very much guys look comfortable vs him. After game 1 and then getting bent over coming out of the pen had the nerve to say i'll do whatever the team needs for game 5 lolz how about some shutdown innings you fukk.
    Points Awarded:

7Faces gave teaserpleaser 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Price must be in the bullpen right??

l7ustin

i havent figurd out the trend of this series.

Game 1- Road team won
    Game 2- Road team won
    Game 3-Road team won
    Game 4-Road team won
    Game 5- ????

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I don't consider price an ace anymore I mean please his fastball is is high 90s but its straight as an arrow and hittable as fukk hes not swing and miss very much guys look comfortable vs him. After game 1 and then getting bent over coming out of the pen had the nerve to say i'll do whatever the team needs for game 5 lolz how about some shutdown innings you fukk.
    So the guy was an ace all year and after just one game he's no longer an ace? It's like people saying Kershaw sucks in the playoffs. Well he's still your ace so you gotta go with him. Same goes for price. That's just my opinion.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

price pitched too much out of the bullpen two days ago

whats hard to understand?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    price pitched too much out of the bullpen two days ago

whats hard to understand?
    that was a dumb move. probably deliberate but a dumb move nonetheless.

millopt
    millopt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Price not available for game 5. Stroman was suppose to be the jays ace this season. I think he is the best choice and deserves the chance after all he has endured this year. Jays bats has comfidence going after the last 2 games now.

l7ustin

The last two days were against shitty pitching the first two games were against good pitching

Their hitting did not change they faced weaker pitching in a more hitter friendly park

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

well the line isn't changing significantly so vegas doesn't seem to think stroman is a downgrade. we'll see what happens.

millopt
    millopt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I understand the caliber of pitching was different. But in all fairness the ump called a bad game that heavily favored texas in game 2. Gallardo owned jays batters first game. I honestly think Gallardo would have been a better choice. But then again he can be used out of the pen if need be.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    well the line isn't changing significantly so vegas doesn't seem to think stroman is a downgrade. we'll see what happens.
    Hamels went from +180 to +150.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Hamels went from +180 to +150.
    i only count real books pal.

supernelly007
    supernelly007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 267

Not sure if we were watching the same game there bud.It doesn't take much to notice the extra patience the jays batter's had during game 3 and 4 they went back to doing what they were doing the whole second half of the season. Game 1 and 2 was filled with a lot of anxiety and everyone swinging for the HR trying to be the hometown hero. It will be a hard fought ball game but for sure the way jays batter's approach Hamels will have a big impact on the result.

Quote Originally Posted by l7ustin View Post
    The last two days were against shitty pitching the first two games were against good pitching

Their hitting did not change they faced weaker pitching in a more hitter friendly park

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by supernelly007 View Post
    Not sure if we were watching the same game there bud.It doesn't take much to notice the extra patience the jays batter's had during game 3 and 4 they went back to doing what they were doing the whole second half of the season. Game 1 and 2 was filled with a lot of anxiety and everyone swinging for the HR trying to be the hometown hero. It will be a hard fought ball game but for sure the way jays batter's approach Hamels will have a big impact on the result.
    LOL. Yeah...the Jays just weren't really trying in games 1 & 2. Please. Those fukkin meatballs Holland served up would've been crushed by a little league team.

Playoff baseball is all about pitching. I don't give a fukk how good hitters are...if an ace pitcher has his very best stuff...ain't nobody hitting him. That's how it works.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

supernelly007

Everyone on Texas is focused on pitching T.O's core down and away and it looks like they have made that adjustment.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by supernelly007 View Post
    Everyone on Texas is focused on pitching T.O's core down and away and it looks like they have made that adjustment.
    Unless you consider right across the middle of the plate as down and away, then not sure what the fukk you're talking about?

Holland would've had just as much success throwing the fukkin ball up there underhanded. Wasn't anything down and away about those pitches.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

supernelly007

LOL. Yeah...the Jays just weren't really trying in games 1 & 2. Please. Those fukkin meatballs Holland served up would've been crushed by a little league team.

Playoff baseball is all about pitching. I don't give a fukk how good hitters are...if an ace pitcher has his very best stuff...ain't nobody hitting him. That's how it works.
    You don't have to "give a penetrate" First pitch at 4:07 ET lol. Good luck

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

You still gotta hit man. All teams that win come up with clutch hits. A clutch single, a stolen base, another clutch single. Pitching is the most important part probably, but its not only about pitching. You gotta play defense, you gotta run bases, you gotta score... Even if you have an ace on the mound, you're going to have a hard time winning any big time playoff games scoring only 1 or 2 runs.

supernelly007

Unless you consider right across the middle of the plate as down and away, then not sure what the fukk you're talking about?

Holland would've had just as much success throwing the fukkin ball up there underhanded. Wasn't anything down and away about those pitches.
    I was referring to game 1 and 2 because that's where the debate is. If the jays are supposed to be scared of anyone I would say Diekman as the reliever and if they have Gallardo for relief should Hammels sheet the bed ( and not sure if he's available)

buriedbookie
    buriedbookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

Hamels is good pitcher but its hard to win twice in the same series on the road. Jays will have him figured out. Encarnacion, Donaldson all will go deep. Toronto scores early and often.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by buriedbookie View Post
    Hamels is good pitcher but its hard to win twice in the same series on the road. Jays will have him figured out. Encarnacion, Donaldson all will go deep. Toronto scores early and often.
    Yeah...most guys have teed off on Hamels, especially in the postseason.

Jesus.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

supernelly007

Quote Originally Posted by buriedbookie View Post
    And to add the manner that Texas put up their runs and the defensive errors by the jays. No one is saying that they weren't trying! They just weren't playing bluejays baseball and I think that changes big today. I don't see Hammels lasting too long in this game

Marquee
    Marquee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 966

Look at all these Monday morning qbs. Managers are overrated man there is no genius out there. All they have to do is put out the best roster and try not to penetrate up. They dont impact games as much as fans believe.

Gibbons in the 2 years hes been a jay has almost always made the correct move. Doesnt over step his boundaries at all. This season he caught a lot of flack for a horrid bullpen before all. The trades..cause u know fans need somebody to blame.

12 Last