Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Are the Royals the Lock of the Century in game 5 vs the Astros?

Astros had their chance to finish the royals and they choked. Royals responded like a world series caliber team does, scoring 7 runs in 2 clutch innings to seal the win. Astros are a bunch of rooks, already celebrating on the sidelines when they were up 6-2.

Cueto played terrible last outing and still only allowed like 4 runs I think. Royals scored 5 in that game but lets be honest they should have score about 8 or 9. They left a ton of guys on base and it just felt like every inning Royals were going to bust out. Scary thing about the Royals is everyone in their lineup can hit. 1-9. There's no one that's an easy out. I can't say that about the Astros. Also between Zobreist, Cain, Hosmer, Perez, Moustakes, Gordon....you have 6 perennial all stars right there. That's insane. WHat's even crazier is that they're all great defensively. Then you add escobar at shortstop, and the power hitting of Morales and Rios. There's literally no weakness in this team from a batting perspective. They're all so patient and they strike fear into any pitcher. They are so much better than last year when they faced the Giants. Moustakes is like a completely different player and the additions have made them a far superior team.

They started this series kind of cold but now are picking it up and I feel they will carry this momentum into the world series and will eventually win it all. I just don't see anyone that can match their combination of power, base running, baseball iq, and defense.

Cueto is still good don't forget. He's had a rough year but he's a star and he can turn it around at any moment. With Herrera and Wade Davis in the bullpen, if you don't have a lead going into the 7th, you're 100% done. I saw a stat that Royals are like 150-4 when leading after 7 innings. Nuts.

Royals are cold blooded and they won't lose to the astros at home in an elimination game. They've lost 1 elimination game in the past 10...to Bumgarner. This will be an easy win in my opinion. Something like 8-2 royals.

I'm putting at least 500 on the royals ml and probably 200 on royal -1.5 and 50 on royals -3.5. i want to put more but bases is just not my specialty.

astrodomer
    Houston Oilers
    astrodomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Make yourself believe what you want, but CRUSHCITY shows up bigtime tomorrow night, ONLY LOCK HERE IS ASTROS!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheAntFather

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Astros +120 thanks

Goat Milk

No reasons, just a play. i'm sure that's going to make me change my mind. you're both foolin

astrodomer
    Houston Oilers
    astrodomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Carlos Corea enuff said

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by astrodomer View Post
    Carlos Corea enuff said
    is 21 years old. and it showed in crunch time yesterday. enuff said.

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Using your logic goat milk then Angels should have crushed RAngers in season finale you know given the fact the Angels scored 5 in top of ninth to win the day before....but they didn't. You are overthinking this. Cueto blows. Herrera has been hittable too. If they make it to wade Davis they win but they won't. Astros 6-2 and it holds this time.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by homerbush View Post
    Using your logic goat milk then Angels should have crushed RAngers in season finale you know given the fact the Angels scored 5 in top of ninth to win the day before....but they didn't. You are overthinking this. Cueto blows. Herrera has been hittable too. If they make it to wade Davis they win but they won't. Astros 6-2 and it holds this time.
    Rangers are veteran team. They've been there and done it. Astros are a bunch of rooks. So your logic doesn't apply.

I'm overthinking how? Royals are gonna score 2 runs with the best lineup in baseball at home in an elimination game against an average pitcher?

Goat Milk

Put it this way, if you were to trade Alex Gordon to the Astros....he'd be hitting 4th. He's hitting 8TH in the royals lineup. Maul that over.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

I remember when Collin McHugh was a Met...nothing special. Shocked how good of a year he's had, quite frankly. He was like our Kyle Kendrick...spot starter who would get yanked after 3 and 2/3

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Astros are the only playable side. Cueto has been crap since coming to the American League, McHugh is a stud and I would not be surprised if Keuchel is the first man out of the pen (and finishes the game), taking the shaky Houston bullpen out of the equation.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    I remember when Collin McHugh was a Met...nothing special. Shocked how good of a year he's had, quite frankly. He was like our Kyle Kendrick...spot starter who would get yanked after 3 and 2/3
    What's your thoughts on this game? I really thought this was a lock, no lie. Am I trippin or did the Astros already blow their one shot to beat a team of the Royals caliber. I mean this is a team that can win it all. You can't say the same thing about the astros.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    That two great years in a row for McHugh, he was just a late bloomer it seems.

TheSchafe

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Astros are the only playable side. Cueto has been crap since coming to the American League, McHugh is a stud and I would not be surprised if Keuchel is the first man out of the pen (and finishes the game), taking the shaky Houston bullpen out of the equation.
    Very good points...I wish there were more threads on SBR like this...lots of well-informed posters giving valued opinions.

Handicapping playoff baseball is so much fun because of this...you have to think three steps ahead of just who the starting pitchers are. Who comes in for long relief if Cueto bombs out early?

Goat Milk

If a star player does not perform well for a stretch, that just gives me even more confidence that he will perform well in a clutch moment. Arietta has been best pitcher all year. The cards just lit him up. What does your past games have anything to do with this one? Nothing really.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    What's your thoughts on this game? I really thought this was a lock, no lie. Am I trippin or did the Astros already blow their one shot to beat a team of the Royals caliber. I mean this is a team that can win it all. You can't say the same thing about the astros.
    Actually, I predicted Mets vs. Astros World Series. Houston has the best starting rotation of the American League playoff teams.

LT Profits

If a star player does not perform well for a stretch, that just gives me even more confidence that he will perform well in a clutch moment. Arietta has been best pitcher all year. The cards just lit him up. What does your past games have anything to do with this one? Nothing really.
    Cueto may have been a delusion though pitching in a weaker hitting league. And again, even if he improves, he probably gets trumped by a McHugh/Keuchel 1-2 punch.

Goat Milk

I'm telling you guys, Royals from 1-9 are way too good this year man. They haven't played well. That 2 innings we saw yesterday was what the royals are capable of. Single, single, single, single, single. Next man up every time. You're depending on a young team with a bunch of guys (besides altuve) that just swing as hard as they can at every pitch hoping they knock one out of the park. Get outta here bro.

You can't win a world series just with pitching. Just as the Detroit Tigers and Dodgers past 3 4 years. You gotta hit. You gotta hit clutch singles, clutch doubles, that's what it's all about. And defense. There is no better defense than the royals d.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Add to that one of the least favorable home umpires in the MLB in 2015. Not a crucial factor but something to think about especially for those that have been watching the playoffs closely. Doesn't take much to make a crooked inning.

TheSchafe

I have no play on the game yet Goat Milk...working on it now. Enjoying the debate between you and LT though. Threads like this are good for SBR.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

I'm telling you guys, Royals from 1-9 are way too good this year man. They haven't played well. That 2 innings we saw yesterday was what the royals are capable of. Single, single, single, single, single. Next man up every time. You're depending on a young team with a bunch of guys (besides altuve) that just swing as hard as they can at every pitch hoping they knock one out of the park. Get outta here bro.

You can't win a world series just with pitching. Just as the Detroit Tigers and Dodgers past 3 4 years. You gotta hit. You gotta hit clutch singles, clutch doubles, that's what it's all about. And defense. There is no better defense than the royals d.
    Why do I always see you arguing with people about your plays? Just fkn bet it and shut up no one else cares and you shouldn't care about their opinions either ffs.
    Points Awarded:

Lee Jones gave NavsPicks 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

upscope gave NavsPicks 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Goat... I like your LOCK CALLS.

Astros it is.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Quote Originally Posted by astrodomer View Post
    Make yourself believe what you want, but CRUSHCITY shows up bigtime tomorrow night, ONLY LOCK HERE IS ASTROS!
    I agree!!

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Cueto has been terrible since the trade at season's end but I still think the Royals take it today. They just need to be up a run or two and Wade Davis will make them look silly in the 8th and 9th like he did in game 4.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

goaty even sucks off guys who used to be stars. goat you would straight up blow a celebrity given the chance wouldnt you? cueto a shell of himself and despite your drooling on his name he in fact has proven he has no ability to flip some magical star switch.. glad you on kc tho cause makes hou that much stronger a play..

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

Houston are the bet of the century

2daBank

Put it this way, if you were to trade Alex Gordon to the Astros....he'd be hitting 4th. He's hitting 8TH in the royals lineup. Maul that over.
    stick to the nba where refs ensure your favorite sneaker endorser have a unfair advantage so fan boys like you will buy their jerseys..

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    goaty even sucks off guys who used to be stars. goat you would straight up blow a celebrity given the chance wouldnt you? cueto a shell of himself and despite your drooling on his name he in fact has proven he has no ability to flip some magical star switch.. glad you on kc tho cause makes hou that much stronger a play..
    Goat just stating his opinion man no need to have a go at him.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Goat just stating his opinion man no need to have a go at him.
    if you wanna babysit him keep him out of my threads. thanx

ah yes goats incite, "ive heard of the pitcher for the royals, at one time he had a shoe deal, i bought his jersey and hope to get his autograph one day, clearly he gonna dominate cause he used to be a all star!!!"

last weeks lions incite from goat, "they have a ton of superstars on offense, superstars win games so they will win"..

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

Betting against the royals at home in an elmination game is crazy. This is a really good team and how did betting against the royals work out last year in the playoffs go until the world series. This astros team is not better than the royals. Ill take the bats of the royals over astros any day. More consistent hitters while the Astros swing for the fences. Its going to be royals vs blue jays. Quit overthinking it. Royals to win.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Betting against the royals at home in an elmination game is crazy. This is a really good team and how did betting against the royals work out last year in the playoffs go until the world series. This astros team is not better than the royals. Ill take the bats of the royals over astros any day. More consistent hitters while the Astros swing for the fences. Its going to be royals vs blue jays. Quit overthinking it. Royals to win.
    This is 2015, not 2014, Royals pitching not as good this year, KC will not score easily vs. McHugh and having Keuchel in the wings is great.

jmbrandt87
    jmbrandt87's Avatar Become A Pro!

I struggle with the idea that the astros will bring keuchel in. The guy has had a huge workload this year, and recently. He is well over his career innings pitched number this year... by over 30 innings. He's in two days rest after throwing 124 pitches, many high stress pitches, which many think is more important on an arm then stress-free pitches. The astros are all young, their window is wide open for the next couple years, there is no need to go all-in in a division series. Game 7 of the world series? Alright... I get it. I think the heads of the astros organization will not want to put their #1 out there with the possibility of getting hurt. OH BY THE WAY, McHugh is on full rest... and he's pretty good if you haven't noticed.

With all that said, I'm still leaning on the Royals. Baseball is a game of momentum, and weird things happen this time of year. The Royals are "free-rolling" basically right now. When you give a team like this a free life, they are going to be relaxed and take full advantage of it. Say what you want... the astros butts are going to be reaaaallllll tight today. For the Astros to win, McHugh is going to need a CG. Can't rely on their bullpen, and I doubt we will see Keuchel, and if we do... it will be a real short outing. Cueto has been shaky, but I'm leaning royals and their bullpen over the Astros.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by jmbrandt87 View Post
    I struggle with the idea that the astros will bring keuchel in. The guy has had a huge workload this year, and recently. He is well over his career innings pitched number this year... by over 30 innings. He's in two days rest after throwing 124 pitches, many high stress pitches, which many think is more important on an arm then stress-free pitches. The astros are all young, their window is wide open for the next couple years, there is no need to go all-in in a division series. Game 7 of the world series? Alright... I get it. I think the heads of the astros organization will not want to put their #1 out there with the possibility of getting hurt. OH BY THE WAY, McHugh is on full rest... and he's pretty good if you haven't noticed.

With all that said, I'm still leaning on the Royals. Baseball is a game of momentum, and weird things happen this time of year. The Royals are "free-rolling" basically right now. When you give a team like this a free life, they are going to be relaxed and take full advantage of it. Say what you want... the astros butts are going to be reaaaallllll tight today. For the Astros to win, McHugh is going to need a CG. Can't rely on their bullpen, and I doubt we will see Keuchel, and if we do... it will be a real short outing. Cueto has been shaky, but I'm leaning royals and their bullpen over the Astros.
    Today may be Keuchel's "throw day" anyway when he is on his normal every fifth day cycle. I am not saying bring him in in the fourth inning or anything like that, but sixth and beyond if necessary. I like McHugh, should not be a reason to call on Keuchel early. And if McHugh does need help that early, Stros would be shot anyway.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by jmbrandt87 View Post

There is no "window", nothing is guaranteed. Ask the Nationals how that works. It's the deciding game of a playoff series, therefore all hands on deck. If Houston has a chance to close it out with Keuchel and they don't use him because of what "might" happen then all of management should be fired. Tomorrow's meaningless if they lose today.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

[QUOTE=swordsandtequila;24646503]There is no "window", nothing is guaranteed. Ask the Nationals how that works. It's the deciding game of a playoff series, therefore all hands on deck. If Houston has a chance to close it out with Keuchel and they don't use him because of what "might" happen then all of management should be fired. Tomorrow's meaningless if they lose today.[/QUOTE]

All hands on deck.........................

123 Last