cdubz
    cdubz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Yanks Astros AL Wild Card

So the line opened with Houston as a -115 fav. Clearly the public will be all over Yankees and the books know by gametime it will be a decision for them to have Houston on there side. They could have opened this -115 yanks and still get the same action. My opinion is they are more than ok with needing Houston on there side, therefore going against them. I loved yanks until I saw the line it's almost begging for you to take yanks as home dogs. Any opinions welcome.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

I just can't back Yankees the way they've played lately. Hard to turn it on for 1 game after you've turned it off for a whole week or 2. Tanaka gives them the best chance to win though.
    I like Astros but will play either +1/+1.5 or +1.5 in a parlay.
    Astros hopefully play loose as they shouldn't have a ton of pressure.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    I just can't back Yankees the way they've played lately. Hard to turn it on for 1 game after you've turned it off for a whole week or 2. Tanaka gives them the best chance to win though.
    I like Astros but will play either +1/+1.5 or +1.5 in a parlay.
    Astros hopefully play loose as they shouldn't have a ton of pressure.
    Astros shouldnt have a ton of pressure? What are you talking about? They blew the west and now have to play in a play in game. They dominated for 3/4 of a season. Theres a ton of pressure on them not to blow the year. Keuchel whole successful season is on the line with this game proving hes a big time pitcher. Yanks have experience and know how to work counts. Houston strikes out too much and theres a reason texas dominated them in big games, the players dont have experience and couldnt overcome the pressure.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Astros shouldnt have a ton of pressure? What are you talking about? They blew the west and now have to play in a play in game. They dominated for 3/4 of a season. Theres a ton of pressure on them not to blow the year. Keuchel whole successful season is on the line with this game proving hes a big time pitcher. Yanks have experience and know how to work counts. Houston strikes out too much and theres a reason texas dominated them in big games, the players dont have experience and couldnt overcome the pressure.
    wow. what a hilarious yAnkie homer you are..

this is MUCH MORE PRESSURE on YANKS

$216M Top paid team in AL.

Astros are little nobodies.

Yanks are AWFUL. Get used to it

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post

I'm a braves fan son. Because I speak the truth I'm a homer is your only defense?

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post

Also the comment he made is that the astros dont have a ton of pressure....Can you read you ignorant fu.ck? Everything i said is facts, please try to debate that. I never said there isnt pressure on the yanks but they're' always a top 3 paid team, thats not anything they arent used to. Next time you want to come in and try to debate something try to have some facts you inbred

1. Yanks are more experienced. Not for debate, proven fact, look at the fu.cking rosters
    2. Astros blew the west.
    3. Keuchel season hinders on a big game here, to show hes taking the next step as an elite pitcher
    4.Houston strikes out too much 1392 times. Leads the AL
    5. Yanks know how to work counts. Second in the AL in walks

stevietron
    stevietron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

And what about Tanaka, I like him but he's not pitching solid and this is first big start in the majors, while Keuchel (despite his 5-8 record on the road) is a bone hard to hit, however he is starting a playoff game for first time in his career too.

I see a 1 run game very close. The bullpen management will decide and the Yankees give important relievers some rest days while Astros were playing 100% until last regular season game.

knucklecurve
    knucklecurve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 659

Houston will crush Tanaka

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Astros tonight guys ...

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Astros tonight guys ...
    Damn bro, we've been on the same page with our last two football bets. Don't know if I can side with you on this one

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Also the comment he made is that the astros dont have a ton of pressure....Can you read you ignorant fu.ck? Everything i said is facts, please try to debate that. I never said there isnt pressure on the yanks but they're' always a top 3 paid team, thats not anything they arent used to. Next time you want to come in and try to debate something try to have some facts you inbred

1. Yanks are more experienced. Not for debate, proven fact, look at the fu.cking rosters
    2. Astros blew the west.
    3. Keuchel season hinders on a big game here, to show hes taking the next step as an elite pitcher
    4.Houston strikes out too much 1392 times. Leads the AL
    5. Yanks know how to work counts. Second in the AL in walks
    This question has nothing to do with your debate. What team leads the league in hitting into double plays??? I have no idea, and wouldn't know where to find that stat. Do any of you guys know the answer????

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Damn bro, we've been on the same page with our last two football bets. Don't know if I can side with you on this one
    Raven, brother, this is a baseball game.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Raven, brother, this is a baseball game.
    Yes, and our last two bets that me and house discussed were football...what are you saying?

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes, and our last two bets that me and house discussed were football...what are you saying?
    It was a joke brother, you mentioned last two football bets. LOL.

House

This > tossing 16 scoreless innings. He shut the Yankees out in Houston on June 25, striking out 12 batters in a complete-game effort. Exactly two months later, Keuchel was just as good at Yankee Stadium, allowing no runs over seven innings of work, striking out nine and surrendering only three hits.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

This > tossing 16 scoreless innings. He shut the Yankees out in Houston on June 25, striking out 12 batters in a complete-game effort. Exactly two months later, Keuchel was just as good at Yankee Stadium, allowing no runs over seven innings of work, striking out nine and surrendering only three hits.
    Nice work.

House

Nice work.
    lol its not much but I dont think much changes tonight ... 3-1 Houston or Houston in a blowout

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

lol its not much but I dont think much changes tonight ... 3-1 Houston or Houston in a blowout
    I'd prefer the blowout. LOL.

House

I'd prefer the blowout. LOL.
    me to lol

House

I just heard theres lots of tickets still available for the game .... huh

jmbrandt87
    jmbrandt87's Avatar Become A Pro!

The people so high on Astros never played/don't know baseball. You clearly have to take the Yankees here at home. Especially at plus money. Sinker ball pitcher on short rest at a field with a short porch. Short rest means one thing... Less command. Keuchel will make far more mistake pitches than tanaka. Yanks will hit some of them out of the yard. Astros strike out way to much and will be chasing split fingers in dirt all night long. Not to mention tanaka only has to make it through 6 inning, then the Yankees will turn to the back end of their dominating bullpen. Astros bullpen is sub par at best. Get a clue Astros backers. Cannot believe the Astros are favored. Unlike football, the officials do not control the game of baseball, especially now with instant replay.

Yankees EV at home. No doubts with this bet.

House

Quote Originally Posted by jmbrandt87 View Post
    The people so high on Astros never played/don't know baseball. You clearly have to take the Yankees here at home. Especially at plus money. Sinker ball pitcher on short rest at a field with a short porch. Short rest means one thing... Less command. Keuchel will make far more mistake pitches than tanaka. Yanks will hit some of them out of the yard. Astros strike out way to much and will be chasing split fingers in dirt all night long. Not to mention tanaka only has to make it through 6 inning, then the Yankees will turn to the back end of their dominating bullpen. Astros bullpen is sub par at best. Get a clue Astros backers. Cannot believe the Astros are favored. Unlike football, the officials do not control the game of baseball, especially now with instant replay.

Yankees EV at home. No doubts with this bet.
    Nice wright up lol .... Astros 1 Yanks 0 bottom of 2nd ......... I got the Astros ,and I played ball with guys like Bret Saberhagen,Scott Radinsky, Brady Anderson just to name a few lol ...... and let me tell you something .. sinker pitchers vs Astros dont fair well It seems the Astros actually prefer the ball down .... where was the location of that pitch that got deposited over the right field wall already ? Yup , down and in on lefties is not where you wanna put it if you're Tanaka tonight ....good luck with that sinker lol

House

Keuchel is getting his groove on ,look out lol .... he's owned them both games in both stadiums this year and it looks like more of the same tonight .

House

and thats 2 nothing Astros on another HR and the Yankee fans are silent

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

game over yanks wont score

House

Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    game over yanks wont score
    unless that pitch count gets to high and the Yanks get into the bullpen but I dont see it happening ... the guys 27 years old and pumped up ..... He's going the distance

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

unless that pitch count gets to high and the Yanks get into the bullpen but I dont see it happening ... the guys 27 years old and pumped up ..... He's going the distance

Win or go home. Pitch count's irrelevant tonight.

House

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Win or go home. Pitch count's irrelevant tonight.
    Like I said ... I think he's gonna finish the game , he's young and he's not gonna let the bullpen fuKc up his game tonight .