stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Since winning the HR Derby, Todd Frazier.....

... has gone 23 for 128
    .180 and 4 home runs.

That exhibition ruins hitters.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

You speak the truth.

Check out the guy that finished second in the contest (Joc Pederson). He has turned into an absolute disaster. Pujols has had a pretty rough second half, too.

gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

People have talked about that but I always thought and still kind of do think it was just coincidence but maybe it is legit. If the trend continues I could see the HR Derby stopping because no one wants to participate

roundcake
    roundcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

same thing happened to david wright a few years back... stunk after the derby

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

they probably won't end it because it sells out. absolutely boring and tedious to watch hitters basically take batting practice. everyone knows the participants can hit home runs with ridiculous ease. the change in format may be more detrimental to the hitters but at least made it more interesting by being on the clock. i'd rather see the AAA all star game on that monday nite which would give the players stuck in AAA a chance to showcase their talents for possible call-ups or to be traded for.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Chicks might dig the long ball, but the long ball sometimes digs a player into the hole.