Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    phillies will now run with the game. add more runs on... and jays will just play catch up.

called it

left it hanging middle in...would've struck him out if he threw it outside

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

phils and over would be nice

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

I don't disagree that Blue Jays bullpen is garbage haha. I just agreed that Buerhle didn't have it tonight. penetrate this game.

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    I don't disagree that Blue Jays bullpen is garbage haha. I just agreed that Buerhle didn't have it tonight. penetrate this game.
    True, pick your poison at this point. Just gotta hope those bats get live.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Every now and then they are in a spot that I absolutely love, and I hit them for a ton. I'm 2 for 2 on doing it this year, and tomorrow I'm doing it again.

Phillies bats can get hot lately, but Jays will win this one. Probably will put some on the Run line -1.5 too. I see the score being something like 7-4 tomorrow. Buerhle + Jays lineup vs. Phillies and an average starter, that's a high probability of a win. I'll lay the juice and pound it. Go Jays.
    With all due respect, shouldn't you wait for all the data (lineups to be posted etc) before unloading.

(I would have posted this before game time but this is the first time I noticed this thread.

Jays just got another run I see, the Jays can easily pull this one out, best of luck.

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    With all due respect, shouldn't you wait for all the data (lineups to be posted etc) before unloading.

(I would have posted this before game time but this is the first time I noticed this thread.

Jays just got another run I see, the Jays can easily pull this one out, best of luck.
    If the line I think is bound to shoot up I'll normally just fire. I agree with you that normally I place my bets around 3 PM when lineups are announced, but if I see a line I think is wrong the night before, and bound to rise, I'll always try to hit it then. In this case I was right that the line would rise and if they lose at least I save some money by betting on it at -190 and not -250. Hopefully they pull it out, but not looking great right now.

akphidelt

Opinions pretty useless 5-2 in to the 5th. You have nothing to lose.

Covy

This one is over for sure

Reliever can't keep his pitchers down

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by Covy View Post
    This one is over for sure

Reliever can't keep his pitchers down
    Christ, yeah. Turning this off. Counted on Buerhle going 6 or 7 and giving up 2 or 3 runs. Not in the cards tonight, shit.

drfunkmaster
    printing it

phillies will now run with the game. add more runs on... and jays will just play catch up.

Covy

Jays swinging for the fence in every pitch literally

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    Opinions pretty useless 5-2 in to the 5th. You have nothing to lose.
    Opinion not useless at all.
    My opinion can be applied to any game going forward, therefore rendering my opinion of having value.
    Don't get into a semantics battle with me, it's a losing propositon, or -EV if you will.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Gibbons cant coach shit, he was out coached by Girardi on Price the last time and this time again. Bhuerle, a hall of farmer shouldn't be pulled on that situation.

akphidelt

Opinion not useless at all.
    My opinion can be applied to any game going forward, therefore rendering my opinion of having value.
    Don't get into a semantics battle with me, it's a losing propositon, or -EV if you will.
    There is literally nothing you can base EV on with the information you have given as you would need to know the data on making selections before lineups are set. In fact he beat the closing line by quite a bit, which is a good thing if you think Toronto would win.

gregmav1

Yeah stevenash I do have to say, your opinion is literally useless. Waiting until lineups can make lines go up or down, either way. You can't claim an advantage either way. In this case, I beat the line. Happens, other times, I bet the night before and wake up to a better line. Happens.

the1outlaw
    the1outlaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Jays +1300...who's with me!?

gregmav1

Throw it down!

Covy

Encarnacion hits one nearly 400 feet and just barely foul....ouch

Onn
    Onn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I just checked the score for the first time. Wow is all i can say.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    Gibbons cant coach shit, he was out coached by Girardi on Price the last time and this time again. Bhuerle, a hall of farmer shouldn't be pulled on that situation.
    Buehrle is not a hall of famer, he was/is a work horse, a gamer, a dirt dog (and that is a compliment)
    He has a lot of positive attributes, but he has never dominated anything in his entire career, unless you include leading the majors four times in hits allowed a Hall of Fame qualification, nothing on his resume suggests he shoud be in the Hall of Fame without a paid admission ticket

stevenash

Yeah stevenash I do have to say, your opinion is literally useless. Waiting until lineups can make lines go up or down, either way. You can't claim an advantage either way. In this case, I beat the line. Happens, other times, I bet the night before and wake up to a better line. Happens.
    Well, we agree to disagree then.
    Morgan gets killed by RH hitters.
    Would you still pound the Jays with confidence if Gibbons sat say Bautista and Donaldson or sat Tulo for a weak hitting SS LH hitter?

AribaAriba

Buehrle is not a hall of famer, he was/is a work horse, a gamer, a dirt dog (and that is a compliment)
    He has a lot of positive attributes, but he has never dominated anything in his entire career, unless you include leading the majors four times in hits allowed a Hall of Fame qualification, nothing on his resume suggests he shoud be in the Hall of Fame without a paid admission ticket
    Ok i kinda over exaggerated on that one let me rephrase it as "future" hall of famer. With 54 pitches and 2 errors among st those 4 runs, Gibbons cant coach shit, as what i've been saying for along time and im a Jays fan by the way and follow this team religiously.

gregmav1

Well, we agree to disagree then.
    Morgan gets killed by RH hitters.
    Would you still pound the Jays with confidence if Gibbons sat say Bautista and Donaldson or sat Tulo for a weak hitting SS LH hitter?
    No, but the assumption is obviously that they don't sit. If one of them did sit, then the line might might have been -180. But they were all in the lineup, so it was -250 by game time. I don't understand what you're trying to argue. Lineup changes can go for or against your team, for or against your line.

drfunkmaster
    printing it

Ok i kinda over exaggerated on that one let me rephrase it as "future" hall of famer. With 54 pitches and 2 errors among st those 4 runs, Gibbons cant coach shit, as what i've been saying for along time and im a Jays fan by the way and follow this team religiously.
    so you also already know how jays will chock down the stretch and not make the playoffs, since you follow the jays religiously

Covy

Power bats coming up here...one swing makes it a game

pitcher all over the place here and just left one hanging to smoak

huge error...that was an easy DP...bounced through Hernandez's glove

stevenash

No, but the assumption is obviously that they don't sit. If one of them did sit, then the line might might have been -180. But they were all in the lineup, so it was -250 by game time. I don't understand what you're trying to argue. Lineup changes can go for or against your team, for or against your line.
    OK, I wish you nothing but success, and I don't want to argue with you at all, I guess I am not presenting my case properly, that's on me.
    Checking out of this thread, here's to a Jays epic comeback

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Tough bro. Old man Buehrle always tails off second half of the season. Lot of miles on him.

AribaAriba

so you also already know how jays will chock down the stretch and not make the playoffs, since you follow the jays religiously
    The worst case scenario is getting in the wild card as they traded all their best prospects and AA did a great job on picking up Donaldson. I actually sprinkled on Jays to win the division when they picked up Price at +475 and they are now at +100 to win the division. Again, their offense is the best in the league and you cant count that out at 5 runs per game.

Covy

Need to make it a 2 run game here in the 8th so that the Jays have a good chance at a 9th inning rally

Bautista needs to stop swinging for the fences and take a RBI single

stevenash

You made your point clearly, you were trying to say Buehrle belongs in the Hall after his career is all said and done.
    Granted he had a very, very nice career, it's not Hall of Fame worthy in my opinion, if you think it is, I'm OK with that, you are more than entitled to your opinion.
    Peace all

gregmav1

Really could have used a Donaldson double or home run at any point tonight. Dude's been hot but tonight wasn't there.

gregmav1

And penetrate Bautista.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Nothing like jumping on the jays boat when it has sunk.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

I bet jays runs over tonight

$61 down the drain

First 1234 Last