RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

I hope Price doesn't like it too much in Toronto. Still hoping the Cubs can sign him in the off season.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by mth61 View Post
    you're an idiot....

wait you said Browns... yes Browns are garbage. Good job breaking the news there.
    You mad bro

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14697

I can't believe I am only now learning about this incredible athelete & he us is leaving.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    I hope Price doesn't like it too much in Toronto. Still hoping the Cubs can sign him in the off season.
    I think he's going to just be a rental. Doubt the Jays will pony up the $200M contract to keep him long term.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Wow Dombrowski wasn't kidding with the statement he made yesterday.

I thought he was bluffing?

Can't believe he pulled the string already? What a sick year for the Tigers. A$$hole should be fired.

TheMoneyShot

They get rid of Price... and now stuck with Verlander.

You can't make this sh#$ up.

mth61
    Just call me O.C !!!
    mth61's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5594

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    They get rid of Price... and now stuck with Verlander.

You can't make this sh#$ up.

Well Verlander is on the books but Price would've demanded 20mil+ next year. Luckily Verlander has looked like vintage JV last two starts and the Tigers just banked 3 great prospects...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Fukker shoulda went to the dodgers. What a waste.

TheMoneyShot

Well Verlander is on the books but Price would've demanded 20mil+ next year. Luckily Verlander has looked like vintage JV last two starts and the Tigers just banked 3 great prospects...
    Everybody demands something. I don't remember one trade that Dumbrowski has ever made that HELPED DETROIT. He signs Verlander but let's Scherzer go? Every time Dumbrowski makes a HUGE move... he's always in a JACKPOT. And he never wins that pot.

I understand our pitching sucks. I knew that. But you were 4 games out of a wild card... or close to there... with a half a season to go. Anything can happen. It just shows you... Dumbrowski knew he fukked up offseason/preseason and he's FOLDING his hand now. What a complete a$$hole. If I'm Ilitch I fire his ass.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I can't ever remember David Price winning a big game.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Everybody demands something. I don't remember one trade that Dumbrowski has ever made that HELPED DETROIT. He signs Verlander but let's Scherzer go? Every time Dumbrowski makes a HUGE move... he's always in a JACKPOT. And he never wins that pot.

I understand our pitching sucks. I knew that. But you were 4 games out of a wild card... or close to there... with a half a season to go. Anything can happen. It just shows you... Dumbrowski knew he fukked up offseason/preseason and he's FOLDING his hand now. What a complete a$$hole. If I'm Ilitch I fire his ass.
    It was the right move and he's made plenty of good trades. Tigers werent gonna win shit this year anyways and price is gonna get a 200 mill contract from another team in offseason.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I can't ever remember David Price winning a big game.
    I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    It was the right move and he's made plenty of good trades. Tigers werent gonna win shit this year anyways and price is gonna get a 200 mill contract from another team in offseason.
    Smoke... I'm just pissed off at how everyone believed around here... that we were guaranteed a playoff birth easily. And rightfully so... but Ausmus isn't the answer. The pitching clearly shows we suck. But, it camouflages Ausmus's managing moves. I truly think he sucks. Hasn't really been tested. Poor pitching covers it up. So regardless of what moves we make... we could have an all star roster... but you're only as good as your LEADER. And Ausmus is a clown. Just a joke of a year for season ticket holders.

mth61
    Just call me O.C !!!

Okay didn't know your angle. Dumb-browski needs to fired no doubt. Ausmus should be gone as well.... bring in Gibby please

Smoke

I agree with that.

Smoke... I'm just pissed off at how everyone believed around here... that we were guaranteed a playoff birth easily. And rightfully so... but Ausmus isn't the answer. The pitching clearly shows we suck. But, it camouflages Ausmus's managing moves. I truly think he sucks. Hasn't really been tested. Poor pitching covers it up. So regardless of what moves we make... we could have an all star roster... but you're only as good as your LEADER. And Ausmus is a clown. Just a joke of a year for season ticket holders.
    I agree about ausmus. He never should ve been hired. He's too young and had zero experience. But the bullpen is shit and simon and Greene suck fat cokks

mth61
    Just call me O.C !!!

I agree about ausmus. He never should ve been hired. He's too young and had zero experience. But the bullpen is shit and simon and Greene suck fat cokks
    Is it wrong to question Jeff Jones, I know he's been around a long time and seems to well liked by the pitching staff but I kind of question his ability to make okay pitchers any better

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I think the Jays will sign him for at least a year- or at least be willing to spend the $20 a year to do so.

If you saw how much we paid for cell phone service in Ontario, you would realize how deep the pockets of Rogers are.

They have no shortage of cash. Just need results to encourage the stakeholders that it will be money well spent. They want ROI

The Giant

Yeah, David Price is going to sign a one-year deal.

Mo, are you drunk?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Yeah, David Price is going to sign a one-year deal.

Mo, are you drunk?
    A little.

But yeah your right that doesn't really make sense.

What i really meant to say is that I think they may be willing to pony up da monies

The Giant

Mo, in spite of your disturbing displays a daytime alcoholism, you're one of the nicest guys on the board.

Granted, Hitler would also be considered a nice guy around here.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Smoke

Price will get that scherzer money

mth61
    Just call me O.C !!!

Price will get that scherzer money
    That is what I was thinking, LHP that is two years younger.... I would say Scherzer $ and length will be a minimum

Smoke

That is what I was thinking, LHP that is two years younger.... I would say Scherzer $ and length will be a minimum
    Only question is who will pay him. I would think dodgers or yankees

mth61
    Just call me O.C !!!

Only question is who will pay him. I would think dodgers or yankees

Both teams have been on him for the last two years just didn't want to part ways with top prospects so breaking the bank won't be an issue. I don't care who gets him out of those two. I am sure he'd rather be a Dodger, who wants to pitch in Yankees stadium?

Smoke

Both teams have been on him for the last two years just didn't want to part ways with top prospects so breaking the bank won't be an issue. I don't care who gets him out of those two. I am sure he'd rather be a Dodger, who wants to pitch in Yankees stadium?
    True plus no DH in NL

mth61
    Just call me O.C !!!

True plus no DH in NL

If you're a Tigers fan like me, watching him all year with batting gloves while he was in the dugout

Seems like a guy that wants to be in the NL

Smoke

If you're a Tigers fan like me, watching him all year with batting gloves while he was in the dugout

Seems like a guy that wants to be in the NL

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Could someone please post a video of Hosmer catching that fly in the 1st, then staring down that kid?

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Going nowhere. Run scoring machine, but give up more. Had the momentum today and bullpen failed. Now they gotta trot Dickey out tomorrow.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Yup

First 12