The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atl/Bos game 1: either I'm crazy and everyone else is sane, or vice versa

Yes I know Dice K could easily throw a gem and Boston could win 8-1, but I just think this line is way way off. Dice K is off of 120+ pitches on 4 days of rest, Lerew is a rookie who has shown promise this year in both Triple A and the majors, ATl has a decent lineup and bullpen, and it's 50 degrees and rainy in the first game of a doubleheader. +250 for Atl??? I just don't get it, that seems like a great bet, it just seems way way off.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought I was the only nut that liked the Braves today, but I'm glad thats not the case.

The two doubleheaders Boston will be playing does not help them at all from a freshness standpoint either.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are correct. Better bullpen, equal lineup, and not as much of a pitching mismatch as most seem to think. I mean, the Red Sox probably win, but not 71.4% of the time.

bigboydan

That didn't take long for Boston to get on the scoreboard.

The HG

Well that's that for Lerew. Interesting that they lifted him so early. I wonder if he hurt himself.

Dice K might coast from here on in now, 7 IP 1 ER. Still, I have to think Atl was the side with the value here. But maybe not.

bigboydan

I'm not watching the game so I don't know if it was he was ineffective or hurt. My guess it was the ineffectiveness though. In regards to the value factor, I agree there was plenty of it considering the inflated price Dice K was.

mogwai
    mogwai's Avatar Become A Pro!

They will probably lose, but that doesn't mean Atlanta wasn't tremendous value in this game.

Razz

The Braves don't look confused by Matsuzaka (well, Andruw just did), they just can't get the timely hit. Lerew had control problems. The two home runs went about a combined 6 inches over the wall, and the Red Sox didn't really have him figured out - Manny and Drew looked lost - but he wasn't throwing strikes.

The HG

Mark Redman. Ok I guess I'll go write down my penciled-in losses on this one in ink. That's OK though, I'ma be aight.

bigboydan

I wouldn't write it off just yet Mr.GanchrowHG. Theres still plenty of time to mount a comeback in this game, even with "Runman" in the game.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

he said runman

bigboydan

Yep, Now it's over. Nothing like runman giving up a grand slam there in the 5th.

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    You are correct. Better bullpen, equal lineup, and not as much of a pitching mismatch as most seem to think. I mean, the Red Sox probably win, but not 71.4% of the time.

LOL.

The HG

Comin' back baby. 9 down. Come on, baby, 2 off Dice next inning to chase him, then 4 off of Ojakima, then 3 off Papelbon, tie game baby.

The HG

Ok make that 3 off of Dice next inning. Come on mama, bring 'em home, there's no "can't" in "come back".

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Inferiority Complex
    LOL.
    Um, ok.