jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

With MLB fuming, ESPN's Colin Cowherd tries to explain his comments about Dominicans

Colin Cowherd, a sock a teenage boy keeps under his mattress, is irritated. Yesterday, he said racist shit about how stupid and uneducated Dominicans are on his radio show

By the way, it’s not like Bill Simmons, he’s slightly altering his format. He’s not becoming a brain surgeon. He’s not, the difference between writing, producing, TV, radio, I mean, I’ve proven it by writing a book, and I’m not a writer. Okay, so, you’re just altering things a little. It’s still communication.
    I mean, the Marlins put a general manager in their dugout. People freaked out. You know, like, “Whoa!” It’s baseball. You don’t think a general manager can manage? Like it’s impossible? The game is too complex? Like, I’ve never bought into that. “Baseball’s too complex.” Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is not been known, in my lifetime, as having, you know, world-class academic abilities. I mean, a lot of those kids come from rough backgrounds, and have not had opportunities academically that other kids from other countries have. Baseball’s like any sport. It’s mostly instincts.
    When reached for comment about Cowherd’s remarks, ESPN had this to say:

Some of Colin’s comments yesterday referencing the Dominican Republic were inappropriate and do not reflect ESPN’s values of respect for all communities. Colin’s on air response today addressed the importance of making sure his opinions are fact based and responsible for all people.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

DC are blacks

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Thought he was gone.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yeah i thought he left espn 2 weeks ago.

i will say this Collin Cowherd is a good football handicapper and thats why i have respect for him.

But those comments he made about dominicans and baseball and complexity and the general manager are just fukking rediculously ignorant and clueless.

Cowherd is clearly not a baseball fan if you have listened to his shows... He is a NBA and NFL guy.

But man....

his comments are just so fukkin stupid on so many different levels.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

sure the rules of baseball might not be that complex and yeah its an easy game to understand but that doesnt mean just anybody can be a manager of a baseball team.

I dont know the Marlins GM/Managers background but i am sure he has a clue.

But i think everyone should know there is so much that goes into being an MLB manager.

You have to manage personalities.... make sure everybody accepts their role on the team, you have to be able to teach the game , motivate players, you gotta do as much as you can as a coach to take the pressure off the player and put them in spots they can be successful in.

its funny the Marlins are one of the teams that don't believe in Sabermetrics but then they turn around and make the GM the Head Manager.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

guy is a moron. just likes to have his name in the news. the big bear of espn.

jjgold

He will eventually find himself out of a job everywhere

his mouth too big now and he is too cocky

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    yeah i thought he left espn 2 weeks ago.

i will say this Collin Cowherd is a good football handicapper and thats why i have respect for him.

But those comments he made about dominicans and baseball and complexity and the general manager are just fukking rediculously ignorant and clueless.

Cowherd is clearly not a baseball fan if you have listened to his shows... He is a NBA and NFL guy.

But man....

his comments are just so fukkin stupid on so many different levels.
    not sure what funnier? the fact you think he any different at nfl than anyone else with a clue which means good sometimes bad sometimes, or the fact because you think he can pick football games it makes you respect him, maybe the funniest thing is you trying to tell us what it takes to be a manager as if you have ever been in a leadership role in any form or fashion. good one

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Soft ass liberals. I hate this PC shit world we live in. Everything he said is accurate and he has stats to back it up. You Dominicans don't like what he said - Then CHANGE it. Get a better educational system in place and be better than the 120th or so country in the world in education.
    Points Awarded:

bluetooth3 gave DOM_Toretto 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jmbrandt87 gave DOM_Toretto 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Cordoba25
    Cordoba25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3682

Nothing wrong about what Cowerd said.. It pains me that more and more we are becoming a nation of pusssies
    Points Awarded:

bluetooth3 gave Cordoba25 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

survive gave Cordoba25 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: R.P. McMurphy, and 44 Mag

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

He's off the air. Everybody's happy now.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Nothing racist about that at all. Soft ass Americans who take offense to every little dumb thing or take shit outta context makes me realize how stupid our society is.

I loved how last week when rebel flag came down all the soft white pussies who live in their safe secure environment we're cheering and looking for pats on back. And I'm talking the ultra lib , upper crust who probably live like in Connecticut and would fear seeing a black man in hoodie coming at them lol. Mind you I'm not from South and consider myself part of the 50% roughly in polls I saw that were on impartial or don't give a shit side.

Irony is all these stupid asses crying about this piece of cloth and how it offends them so much(mostly b.s. I'm sure) cannot see the irony of carrying a picture of a former slave owner in their wallet everyday (G Wash) and using it to make purchases made by slave labor which is more prevalent than ever these days. Think about that next time you open your wallet to buy many consumer products in this nation. Wise up sheep your hypocrisy and ignorance that is so self serving are really smelling up the joint
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 07-24-15 at 09:57 PM.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Nothing racist about that at all. Soft ass Americans who take offense to every little dumb thing or take shit outta context makes me realize how stupid our society is.

I loved how last week when rebel flag came down all the soft white pussies who live in their safe secure environment we're cheering and looking for pats on back. And I'm talking the ultra lib , upper crust who probably live like in Connecticut and would fear seeing a black man in hoodie coming at them lol. Mind you I'm not from South and consider myself part of the 50% roughly in polls I saw that were on impartial or don't give a shit side.

Irony is all these stupid asses crying about this piece of cloth and how it offends them so much(mostly b.s. I'm sure) cannot see the irony of carrying a picture of a former slave owner in their wallet everyday (G Wash) and using it to make purchases made by slave labor which is more prevalent than ever these days. Think about that next time you open your wallet to buy many consumer products in this nation. Wise up sheep your hypocrisy and ignorance that is so self serving are really smelling up the joint
    Only use 1's for toiletries.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Lol yeah sure buddy Just don't see how Colins acknowledging a certain demographic in a very poor place having lower education standards is racist? Just fact really and same goes here in America. More poverty = less education, more crime, disease etc. Not rocket science people and not racist. Now if Colin had said something like mlb has been ruined and tarnished by all these poor smelly brown border jumpers who don't meet our standards and need to be shipped the fukk out. Whoa pump the brakes lol....that would be racist.

jtoler

^^^You just don't get it bruh, everything is relative.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Espn wanted him Gone. Simple as that.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    ^^^You just don't get it bruh, everything is relative.
    Why exactly is this political??? Or racist ??? It is baseball. Who cares??? Ever heard of the 1st Amendment ????

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Hulk hogan

just got fired for something said 7 years ago after banging some broad

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Why exactly is this political??? Or racist ??? It is baseball. Who cares??? Ever heard of the 1st Amendment ????
    Well I never said the remarks were racist, but I find them demeaning, inappropriate, and silly. His statement started off talking about Dan Jennings going from executive to manager and those feeling its too complex of a job and perhaps an ex manager and not an executive should have been manager. My thing is stay on topic, why stray from that and then compare it to actually playing the game and dragging Dominicans into while trying to define what complex is, didn't make much sense.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Mag this country is bass ackwards,so full of shit and hypocrisy it stinks. We live in a place where most people still consider themselves God fearing and some realm of Christianity (not myself). But we have been conditioned and whipped into thinking using a racial slur , gay slur etc is worst crime you can commit. YET in our society terms like godd@nm it, Jesus f' ing Christ or any other multitude of ways to use their lords name in vain barely gets you an awkward stare if said out loud. Somewhere this God many of you worship is weeping at all this failure lol. Ahh what a mess!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Hogan gets fired and his whole history/legacy erased for one bad moment. YET how many have Disney shit in your house for the kids, have gone to the park? Walt Disney was a VERY hard core ant semitic. How many gonna vote to put another Bush in white house with their granddad Prescotts Nazi history? How many skeletons in your closet I wonder?

jtoler

Hogan gets fired and his whole history/legacy erased for one bad moment. YET how many have Disney shit in your house for the kids, have gone to the park? Walt Disney was a VERY hard core ant semitic. How many gonna vote to put another Bush in white house with their granddad Prescotts Nazi history? How many skeletons in your closet I wonder?
    I don't vote, but cmon bruh you know that's how it is if you're in the public eye, if you do say certain things there usually is a price to pay. Companies depend on investors, the public, etc. Those who screw up know this. Why let your brand take a hit because of knuckleheads.
    Last edited by jtoler; 07-24-15 at 11:07 PM.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

I know Toler just frustrating how overly sensitive some are and we live in a place where 1 little slip you get branded evil. Quite simple we live in a country of many different cultures , races, religions etc and we have differences. Just way it is and it will NEVER be "perfect". I just don't get why people get so stirred up over this shit. I wasn't born yesterday I realize racism exists and always will, man will still kill man and do other heinous acts. You know what I do? Just don't hang out with those fukking types lol! Good grief just stay in your own lane and live life best you can for you and don't get caught up in all the drama Still see nothing racist or with hateful intent in CC statements. Guess the machine has to bow to the idiot masses yet again though. Sigh
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: turtlejc

jtoler

I know Toler just frustrating how overly sensitive some are and we live in a place where 1 little slip you get branded evil. Quite simple we live in a country of many different cultures , races, religions etc and we have differences. Just way it is and it will NEVER be "perfect". I just don't get why people get so stirred up over this shit. I wasn't born yesterday I realize racism exists and always will, man will still kill man and do other heinous acts. You know what I do? Just don't hang out with those fukking types lol! Good grief just stay in your own lane and live life best you can for you and don't get caught up in all the drama Still see nothing racist or with hateful intent in CC statements. Guess the machine has to bow to the idiot masses yet again though. Sigh
    Yes, I'm sure ESPN probably doesn't care what he said, but with investors, viewing public, an ad money then I suppose its an easy fire, just business, nothing personal.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Something is wrong with Cowherd psychologically. I don't know if he's using drugs? Or on prescribed meds? But... he's absolutely nuts when he speaks this year.

When he interviewed Harbaugh... I thought he spoke fast, harsh, sarcastic, and comical... all in 1. That's not an all star radio host for ESPN. That's some college kid on an AM station.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Something is wrong with Cowherd psychologically. I don't know if he's using drugs? Or on prescribed meds? But... he's absolutely nuts when he speaks this year.

When he interviewed Harbaugh... I thought he spoke fast, harsh, sarcastic, and comical... all in 1. That's not an all star radio host for ESPN. That's some college kid on an AM station.
    I wondered about the drugs too. He just looks peaked in the face, losing weight, bags under eyes. Seems to have a know-it-all confrontational attitude about a lot of things, but does it in a passive-aggressive way. I used to like him but over the last year or two I've grown to hate him. Seems to toot his own horn every chance he gets on air too which drives me nuts. He is very sharp at picking football games against the spread though

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Geeeeeez with the Disney stuff. Most of that is pure urban legend. He was a man of his times. Ask your grandpa how he felt about minorities.....

http://www.amazon.com/DisneyWar-Jame.../dp/0743267095

Read a book man.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Besides take any major company and they have some issues with someone at one point or another....it is what it is

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/19/asia/m...n-pow-apology/

jjgold

He seems like a real cook now

FOX will bounce him also

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Kook

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    not sure what funnier? the fact you think he any different at nfl than anyone else with a clue which means good sometimes bad sometimes, or the fact because you think he can pick football games it makes you respect him, maybe the funniest thing is you trying to tell us what it takes to be a manager as if you have ever been in a leadership role in any form or fashion. good one
    you being a Cardinals fan, should be able to recognize Matheny's leadership qualities. Those players look up to him and respect him. They look to him for advice since he was not just a former player but a great player.

and yeah Collin is a very good NFL Handicapper and i respect anyone who gives me winners in any sport.

When someone gives you winners thats no different than them handing you money.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He seems like a real cook now

FOX will bounce him also
    A culinary genius?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    you being a Cardinals fan, should be able to recognize Matheny's leadership qualities. Those players look up to him and respect him. They look to him for advice since he was not just a former player but a great player.

and yeah Collin is a very good NFL Handicapper and i respect anyone who gives me winners in any sport.

When someone gives you winners thats no different than them handing you money.
    Matheny was a great player?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

OK stop with the Walmart Wolverine duty...

Harbaugh was useless. No personality. Shitty. Like CC said, if he can't sell his school to Colin on air with a bunch of layup questions, then how the hell is he gonna sell UofM to high school kids?

Worst interview I've ever heard on air in my life, and the vast majority of the fault lands on the shitty coach being interviewed.

Would hate to grab a beer with Harbaugh. What a no-personality loser.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Soft ass liberals. I hate this PC shit world we live in. Everything he said is accurate and he has stats to back it up. You Dominicans don't like what he said - Then CHANGE it. Get a better educational system in place and be better than the 120th or so country in the world in education.
    Well said. You are a certified loser if you are offended by what Colin said.

12 Last