sportsjunkie3119
    sportsjunkie3119's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Three leans for tonight's baseball card 7/24

Any thoughts on these 3? One has to be a winner, right?

Yankees vs Twins OVER 8

Astros vs Royals OVER 8 (may even drop to 7.5)

Baltimore Orioles +126

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

2-1 or 1-2

Overs always do guys in

best of luck

sportsjunkie3119

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    2-1 or 1-2

Overs always do guys in

best of luck
    Orioles seem to be the play with the hotter pitcher on the mound.

sportsjunkie3119

Tigers va Red Sox over 9 looks solid

sportsjunkie3119

Down to

orioles +126 (twins are coming out of a series with the Phillies and didn't look so good. Orioles are due for an offensive breakout on the road with a red hot Tillman on the mound)

Yankees vs Twins OVER 8 (Yankees need to work on hitting the ball on the road and coming off a series sweep they should have momentum to hit the ball)

Tigers vs Red Sox OVER 9 (look at the pitchers, game could easily be 4-3 by the 5th inning)

Official play will be posted soon

ShipItToDaddy
    ShipItToDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

Quote Originally Posted by sportsjunkie3119 View Post
    Tigers va Red Sox over 9 looks solid
    Just some input. BOL TO YOU MAN

OVER 9 DET/BOS -1157:10PM
    ONLY 1 OFFSHORE BOOK DOES NOT HAVE OVER 9...
    It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure where I'm going here...I'm just happy to beat MOSTLY everyone to the party by getting OVER 9 "flat" as opposed to 9.5+ which is where this game SHOULD be in the 1st place. The pitching matchup of Verlander vs. Porcello might have been intriguing in 2008...but today they BOTH have matching 6 ERA's and UGLY losing records...

Porcello is just 5-10 this year...but he's 1-8 with a 7.20 ERA over his LAST 10 outings! While his HOME #s are "better", he's still got a 5 ERA with 52 hits allowed in 51 innings...27 ER and facing a DET offense that CAN hit right-handers HARD and is clearly HOT? The current Tigers roster has hit Porcello fairly well batting .353 with Ian Kinsler having the MOST success.

Justin Verlander MAY be the bigger gas-can though and he's catching an OK Red Sox offense at a time where they're definitely heating-up AND they're at HOME...which is. BIG advantage for them and US. Verlander's now posting a 6.62 ERA with a BAD 1.50 WHIP and has YET to win a game this year (0-3). Don't be fooled by the historical #s these BOS hitters have against Verlander (.222 AVG) as we all know the "old" Verlander is GONE and BOS is #9 in MLB vs. RHP in terms of batting avg... while our Tigers come in at #1 in ALL of baseball.

NEITHER bullpen is talented at #24 and #25 in ERA respectively...the BOS 'pen is 3RD worst in runs allowed with 150 while the Tigers hold the 9TH worst spot...with 138. ALL around BAD relief pitching and it's unlikely either of these starters "goes deep."

sportsjunkie3119

Quote Originally Posted by ShipItToDaddy View Post
    Just some input. BOL TO YOU MAN

OVER 9 DET/BOS -1157:10PM
    ONLY 1 OFFSHORE BOOK DOES NOT HAVE OVER 9...
    It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure where I'm going here...I'm just happy to beat MOSTLY everyone to the party by getting OVER 9 "flat" as opposed to 9.5+ which is where this game SHOULD be in the 1st place. The pitching matchup of Verlander vs. Porcello might have been intriguing in 2008...but today they BOTH have matching 6 ERA's and UGLY losing records...

Porcello is just 5-10 this year...but he's 1-8 with a 7.20 ERA over his LAST 10 outings! While his HOME #s are "better", he's still got a 5 ERA with 52 hits allowed in 51 innings...27 ER and facing a DET offense that CAN hit right-handers HARD and is clearly HOT? The current Tigers roster has hit Porcello fairly well batting .353 with Ian Kinsler having the MOST success.

Justin Verlander MAY be the bigger gas-can though and he's catching an OK Red Sox offense at a time where they're definitely heating-up AND they're at HOME...which is. BIG advantage for them and US. Verlander's now posting a 6.62 ERA with a BAD 1.50 WHIP and has YET to win a game this year (0-3). Don't be fooled by the historical #s these BOS hitters have against Verlander (.222 AVG) as we all know the "old" Verlander is GONE and BOS is #9 in MLB vs. RHP in terms of batting avg... while our Tigers come in at #1 in ALL of baseball.

NEITHER bullpen is talented at #24 and #25 in ERA respectively...the BOS 'pen is 3RD worst in runs allowed with 150 while the Tigers hold the 9TH worst spot...with 138. ALL around BAD relief pitching and it's unlikely either of these starters "goes deep."
    Very good info, this is what I am looking for when I started posting here this week. My book dropped to 8.5 and this has to be the play of the day. Still considering

Orioles I scratched off. Too risk. However Yankees Twins OVER 8 still looks good IF the Yankees find a way to hit the ball on the road

sportsjunkie3119

Official play

Tigers vs Red Sox OVER 8.5

ShipItToDaddy

Does your book have Rays/Orioles over 6??

If you haven't noticed, TB has now lost the last 4 times Archer has started and prior to the 4-0 "great" game vs. TOR, his previous 6 starts ALL saw 7 runs or more... So NOW you can probably see the OVER "angle" coming into play...

Onto Chris Tillman...he's NOT likely to repeat the gem he threw against the Tigers on 7/18...but he IS throwing dramatically better than he did in May/June. If the Rays crack him...hey, we have the OVER...

sportsjunkie3119

I do have 6.5 but the reason I scratched that game is because it all depends if the Orioles are going to find a way to hit the ball on the road. But you do have a point, hitt Tillman and the over could cash.

I am sticking the the Sox/Tigers over 8.5 - I am a one play a night kind of guy. Less stress and better money management.

I do however, believe both these overs will cash. BOL

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Down to

orioles +126 (twins are coming out of a series with the Phillies and didn't look so good. Orioles are due for an offensive breakout on the road with a red hot Tillman on the mound)

Yankees vs Twins OVER 8 (Yankees need to work on hitting the ball on the road and coming off a series sweep they should have momentum to hit the ball)

Tigers vs Red Sox OVER 9 (look at the pitchers, game could easily be 4-3 by the 5th inning)

Official play will be posted soon
    im so confused by what's in bold

sportsjunkie3119

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    im so confused by what's in bold
    I am an idiot, brain fart.

ShipItToDaddy

I do have 6.5 but the reason I scratched that game is because it all depends if the Orioles are going to find a way to hit the ball on the road. But you do have a point, hitt Tillman and the over could cash.

I am sticking the the Sox/Tigers over 8.5 - I am a one play a night kind of guy. Less stress and better money management.

I do however, believe both these overs will cash. BOL

I LIKE WHERE YOUR HEAD IS.. ONE PLAY A DAY IS GOOD IDEA.

I PERSONALLY TOOK PHILL ML (+245) AND PITT (+119) TODAY.

BOL

sportsjunkie3119

Quote Originally Posted by ShipItToDaddy View Post
    I LIKE WHERE YOUR HEAD IS.. ONE PLAY A DAY IS GOOD IDEA.

I PERSONALLY TOOK PHILL ML (+245) AND PITT (+119) TODAY.

BOL
    I am from Philly, and there is this weird atmosphere of winning in the air. Which we are not used to here. They should be fine today.

ShipItToDaddy

I am from Philly, and there is this weird atmosphere of winning in the air. Which we are not used to here. They should be fine today.
    Yea I hope so... shoot out 3-2 Cubs now.... Either way I didn't have to lay much money for a +245 bet.

sportsjunkie3119

and as I said that, they are losing. clowns

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

tailing sportsjunkie

it better win

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Official play

Tigers vs Red Sox OVER 8.5
    Best of luck

ShipItToDaddy

Keep your eyes on KC ROYALS ML & SAN DIEGO PADRES ML TODAY

ShipItToDaddy

tailing sportsjunkie

it better win

Yea it better win or else...

sportsjunkie3119

tailing sportsjunkie

it better win
    What are you going to do about it IF it loses. Which it won't, but hypothetically speaking