KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    I've always maintained and truly believe if ever the holy grail bible of cheating were ever released with true admissions from a long line of players going back decades....I'm talking spill your guts on grandkids lives type shit and tell truth. There are SO many stories out there now already but let's get em all and in 1 book...

http://www.thriftbooks.com/w/how-to-...FVFefgod_2gEvw

"When athletes say they give 110%, How to Cheat in Sports explains the extra 10%."

Points Awarded:

R.P. McMurphy gave KVB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Ruth did drink a lot.....but alcohol is far from a PED.
    I wasn't suggesting he used alcohol to enhance his performance.
    I was asking,"What do you think he was using after drinking on a train for 13 hours, to help him play ball?"

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Ghengis this is why these debates are pointless. Deciding which #'s to go from, who was on what drugs, different eras , on and on the variables are endless. And there is no "truly" right answer. Just opinións!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Nice KVB gonna check that out!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i agree but you can't say the greatest hitter that ever lived and the guy didn't even hit .300

change the title to "the greatest walker that ever lived" or something, which is true...

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well I'm not a Barry fan by any means he seems like a total pos as a human to me. But he was a sweeet hitter with a killer swing even before the roids. Far as getting free passes goes that's another variable but one which kind of counts in his favor I suppose to a degree. Pitchers were scared shitless of the guy and why chance it?

Barry was a great hitter who hit for avg, solid power, and good speed on paths a tremendous all around player before the drugs and extra power he got. Love the apologist debate tho..."how do steroids make you see a baseball better"? Lol they don't you dumbfukk and guys don't take them for 20/20 vision it's for extra power to go from being a 30 hr guy like Barry to 70 overnight and rehab/heal quicker from injury and ailments.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Like I've said it's fun to romanticize about the notion guys like Babe and Mantle "just" swilled tons of booze, ate hot dogs , and fukked whores endlessly while playing a very tough gm vs best competition at such high levels. But I'm a skeptic just being an "avg Joe" who has partied PLENTY I know the toll it takes especially as you get get deeper in 20's and into 30's. They took "nothing" outta the realm of rules maybe for a boost.....ehh call me a skeptic.

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    Barry Bonds holds the Major League Baseball home run record with 762.
    Making a case for bonds as best hr hitter of all time but hes 1300 hits behind rose 33rd all time

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Wished I would have seen Charlie Hustle in his prime. Seen a lot of footage and some docs. But I love the underdog who overcame stories. And he might have been "hustling" off the field but who cares? Nobody ever hustled harder or laid it all out like Rose on the field. What a player and true all time great no matter what politics say.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

no matter what people say, steroids saved baseball. before sosa/mcgwire hr record chase, baseball almost died...

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Just remember politicians often live in glass houses. They pass or wanna enforce the laws while themselves and their paid goons(cops,lawyers etc) drink/drive, buy whores , run their rackets like mafia with a license but persecute others. Anyone who wants to talk shit on Rose go fukk yourself and step back behind your glass door full of lies and deceit after throwing that rock his way.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

That was the intent Ghengis after the strike everyone turned their heads went deaf, dumb,blind until they couldn't any longer which includes Selig, Fehr , and owners. It's just business and that's all they care about is $$$ and perception.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Making a case for bonds as best hr hitter of all time but hes 1300 hits behind rose 33rd all time
    You're aware Pete played a lot longer, played in over 500 more games & had over 4000 more at bats....right?

chaka

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    You're aware Pete played a lot longer, played in over 500 more games & had over 4000 more at bats....right?
    Yes and by. Equalizing games bonds wouldve had to hit in appox 500+ multi hit games to get to 4256

think about that for a minute..almost 3 yrs of two hits a game every day

and by equalizing at bats rose had higher avg so bonds still would be behind

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Stop trying to corner me with math and facts.
    Barry's better.

What would the line be on 1st to get inducted?

chaka

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Stop trying to corner me with math and facts.
    Barry's better.

What would the line be on 1st to get inducted?
    Both should be first ballot aside,from their issues
    Bonds has more tools obviously but its about the best hitter and one man is known as the hit king and its Rose.
    I dont even like rose and own two signed bonds jerseys but the fact is bonds turned to the juice and became a better power hitter as a direct result hitting 1/3 of his homers in a 5 yr span over a 23 yr career

more math you could play for 20 yrs and have 200 hits a year and still be 256 hits short of roses record

chaka

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    no matter what people say, steroids saved baseball. before sosa/mcgwire hr record chase, baseball almost died...
    Agree especially after cancelling the 94 world series....my only frustration is today guys take their 50/80 game suspemsion and get rewarded with 20 million dollar comtract
    if youre going to crackdown on cheaters, crackdown...i think it ahould either void their contract or reduce it to the league minimum for the rest of their career

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Bonds had guys pitching around him every at bat. And he still hit homers

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Top 4 all time hitters are all lefties:

Ruth
    Gehrig
    Williams
    Bonds

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Pete Rose doesn't even crack the Top 50 in OPS.

He's not even remotely the greatest hitter of all time. He just played a lot and hit a lot of singles.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3386

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Without question
    It's miggy, not trout. and has been for the last 10 years. Look at the stats. Hits after the 7nth. Just clutch.

chaka

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    I'm probably a little older than you, Michael Jack Schmidt was the greatest 3B I ever saw.
    Graig Nettles was dodger killer in world series

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Well I'm not a Barry fan by any means he seems like a total pos as a human to me. But he was a sweeet hitter with a killer swing even before the roids. Far as getting free passes goes that's another variable but one which kind of counts in his favor I suppose to a degree. Pitchers were scared shitless of the guy and why chance it?

Barry was a great hitter who hit for avg, solid power, and good speed on paths a tremendous all around player before the drugs and extra power he got. Love the apologist debate tho..."how do steroids make you see a baseball better"? Lol they don't you dumbfukk and guys don't take them for 20/20 vision it's for extra power to go from being a 30 hr guy like Barry to 70 overnight and rehab/heal quicker from injury and ailments.
    This ^

Pitchers were roiding it up as well so they could get back on the mound faster. But people only think steroids = big muscles. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other big name pitchers (other than Clemens) during the 1994-2006 time frame that were juicing.
    Last edited by eidolon; 07-23-15 at 05:34 PM.

chaka

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    This ^

Pitchers were roiding it up as well so they could get back on the mound faster. But people only think steroids = big muscles. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other big name pitchers (other than Clemens) during the 1994-2006 time frame that were juicing.
    I would,suggest looking at a list of injured pitchers especially all the tommy john surgeries...how many were caused by steroids or peds...before it was shoulder injuries and now they are snapping things in their arms left and right. These drugs remove the water from tissue. Ask caminiti how creatine dehydrated him causing all his issues
    funny story from the onion was when they wrote that mark prior was offfered 2 year contract with the disabled list to not pitch lol

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10272

Quote Originally Posted by tyrephd View Post
    Charlie Hustle gotta be on the list......
    yes and in the #1 spot ....

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

C'mon Bear....
    Serious thread here.

First 123