44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Leans for Friday

No lines out of course, will try out these on the crowd:

Miami @ Philly: Miami to win Jose pitching.
    Seattle & NYY: NYY over 8, NYY to win.
    TB @ Toronto: Toronto to win, and over 8.5. They are finally home were they can hit, also need to see TT.
    Baltimore @ Detroit: Baltimore pitcher is tough, lean Baltimore, & Detroit's TT ???
    Cleveland @ Cinn: Cinn. takes this one.
    Pitt. @ Milw: Milw. wins this.
    TX @ Houst: Over 8.5 -9.
    NYM @ STL: STL.
    SF @ AZ: AZ wins and TT???
    Boston @ LAA: over 9.

Just leans and guesses on the totals.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

good thread i hope we get a lot of participation...

I agree with the Marlins pick. How can anyone not bet on Jose Fernandez the way he is dealing.

I like the Mariners with Montgomery on the bump. I think he bounces back from his only bad outing that he has had so far and the Yankees biggest offensive threats are lefties so this is a good match up for Montgomery.

This will be the 2nd the time the Mariners are seeing Tanaka so they can only improve on the results from last time against the Japanese fireballer. (Tanaka shut them down in Seattle... its pay back time now. ) I lean under in this one but i think totals are for suckers so i try to avoid betting them.

I like the Astros with McHugh on the mound vs the Rangers and Perez. I think the Astros are good at home and McHugh is a dependable pitcher. The Astros should score enough runs here to come out the victor.

I like the Rockies in a good spot to pull off an upset in Sunny San Diego...

De La Rosa usually pitches well in that park if my memory serves me correctly and the Rockies are red hot and rejuvenated at the moment.

Indians over Reds. I like this spot for Trevor Bauer and the Indians... they get a chance to catch the Reds right after the All-Star "hangover"
    Reds fans will be tired from the all-star week of partying and festivities honoring Pete Rose , Johnny Bench etc.... they won't be ready for the quick turn around of a Friday game.

Reds might running into a buzz saw here as they face a confident young pitcher in Trevor Bauer with front of the rotation stuff.

The extra days off may result in the Reds bats being rusty and thats not a good thing when you are facing the great Trevor Big Game Bauer.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    good thread i hope we get a lot of participation...

I agree with the Marlins pick. How can anyone not bet on Jose Fernandez the way he is dealing.

I like the Mariners with Montgomery on the bump. I think he bounces back from his only bad outing that he has had so far and the Yankees biggest offensive threats are lefties so this is a good match up for Montgomery.

This will be the 2nd the time the Mariners are seeing Tanaka so they can only improve on the results from last time against the Japanese fireballer. (Tanaka shut them down in Seattle... its pay back time now. ) I lean under in this one but i think totals are for suckers so i try to avoid betting them.

I like the Astros with McHugh on the mound vs the Rangers and Perez. I think the Astros are good at home and McHugh is a dependable pitcher. The Astros should score enough runs here to come out the victor.

I like the Rockies in a good spot to pull off an upset in Sunny San Diego...

De La Rosa usually pitches well in that park if my memory serves me correctly and the Rockies are red hot and rejuvenated at the moment.

Indians over Reds. I like this spot for Trevor Bauer and the Indians... they get a chance to catch the Reds right after the All-Star "hangover"
    Reds fans will be tired from the all-star week of partying and festivities honoring Pete Rose , Johnny Bench etc.... they won't be ready for the quick turn around of a Friday game.

Reds might running into a buzz saw here as they face a confident young pitcher in Trevor Bauer with front of the rotation stuff.

The extra days off may result in the Reds bats being rusty and thats not a good thing when you are facing the great Trevor Big Game Bauer.
    OK Bear, enjoy the feedback. Always great to here other options & opinions. Thanks for checking in. Can't wait for the lines. I guess Jose will be -200 for Miami. The rest, favorites anywhere from -140 to -160. Keep it going.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Men, looking for some more input here??? Can't just Bear & I looking at Friday's games????

Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

I think everyone will be on cardinals and Yankees for Friday games . I think they both win and will be -150 or higher odds. But with that said I think only 1 of them will win. I'm leaning towards cards and no bet on Yankees , tho Im very tempted .

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeo-Picks View Post
    I think everyone will be on cardinals and Yankees for Friday games . I think they both win and will be -150 or higher odds. But with that said I think only 1 of them will win. I'm leaning towards cards and no bet on Yankees , tho Im very tempted .
    Well put. I am liking that Boston/LAA game. You know it's coming out at around 9 total??? That's my prediction. We'll see. BOL: AP.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10352

mia/phi- fernandez pitched in Philly last year and had a very poor outing. His numbers on the road are much more shaky esp against lefties but Phillies having trouble hitting, but maybe less at home. Fernandez does not tend to forget poor outings and I can see him throwing a lights out game. Biggest factor for me is marlins pounding LHP but the rookie prolly gonna look better at home compared to his recent blow up on the road. Prolly looking at -220 spread here and a -110 runline, if you get + rl on philly runline I think that might be the play. Not gonna lie I'm partial to marlins being from Ft lauderdale and I feel if anybody gonna come after the nats it could be the Marlins assuming Gordon and Gian Carlo come back healthy, Fernandez, Alvarez, Haren sure ain't bad front of lineup but I suspect Haren gonna become fade material soon. Koehler and Phelps also good plays at home esp as dogs but fade that ass on the road would be my biggest advise on the marlins. They seem to have tightened up the bullpen and if for some reason they go out and get some more pen help it might be wise to ride them during homestands. So for this gm I'm saying either philly +0.5 ff or runline, also phi tt un, could be looking at u3 with extra juice or under 6-7. Of course the simplest play is marlins rl since if you fading Phillies on the runline all yr you are way ahead.
    Last edited by trobin31; 07-15-15 at 08:05 PM.

Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Well put. I am liking that Boston/LAA game. You know it's coming out at around 9 total??? That's my prediction. We'll see. BOL: AP.
    As my second bet I would back Kershaw vs w.e starter the nats are going to throw at him. It won't be max . So give me kershaw and the juice . Look for him to dominate in the second half

Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

I consider fading Fernandez in this one. I really like him when he is pitching at home but in this one he is on the road. His road numbers are not terrible but in his case "way" worse than his home numbers (I don't like the spread between home vs raod). I know, the Phillies are the bottom of the league.

Nothng done but as I said: consider to fade him on Friday.

TTA_President
    TTA_President's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Overs on the first day back? I like .

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5674

Why are folks in a hurry to lose money?

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

listen to this Grinch thanks for your input ^

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Texas vs Houston. Texas a good road team facing a Houston squad they swept here already this year. This is dependent upon the number of course.

KC will be worth a look against Samardjia depending on the number.

Laying anything above -160 on Fernandez on the road seems crazy to me.

Baltimore will certainly be a play for me on Friday.

Atlanta won't get a good enough number to back Teheran.

Cleveland/Cincy I have no idea because Cinci has been a weak spot for me this year. Any game with Cinci is bad for me.

Computers will want to back Fiers but I call shenanigans.

That's just a quick glance.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    Why are folks in a hurry to lose money?
    We are just talking & kicking around idea's. 3 days away, gets antsy. LOL.

WildBillCappin
    WildBillCappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

I like tuwtles.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by WildBillCappin View Post
    I like tuwtles.
    Who ????

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    mia/phi- fernandez pitched in Philly last year and had a very poor outing. His numbers on the road are much more shaky esp against lefties but Phillies having trouble hitting, but maybe less at home. Fernandez does not tend to forget poor outings and I can see him throwing a lights out game. Biggest factor for me is marlins pounding LHP but the rookie prolly gonna look better at home compared to his recent blow up on the road. Prolly looking at -220 spread here and a -110 runline, if you get + rl on philly runline I think that might be the play. Not gonna lie I'm partial to marlins being from Ft lauderdale and I feel if anybody gonna come after the nats it could be the Marlins assuming Gordon and Gian Carlo come back healthy, Fernandez, Alvarez, Haren sure ain't bad front of lineup but I suspect Haren gonna become fade material soon. Koehler and Phelps also good plays at home esp as dogs but fade that ass on the road would be my biggest advise on the marlins. They seem to have tightened up the bullpen and if for some reason they go out and get some more pen help it might be wise to ride them during homestands. So for this gm I'm saying either philly +0.5 ff or runline, also phi tt un, could be looking at u3 with extra juice or under 6-7. Of course the simplest play is marlins rl since if you fading Phillies on the runline all yr you are way ahead.
    that was a cold day in philly last year though i remember that game.

Jose Fernandez hates pitching in cold weather.

This Morgan fella for the Phillies ain't bad though. He is a somewhat promising young pitcher.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by WildBillCappin View Post
    I like tuwtles.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Well, now I see my buddy Danks is pitching that second game for CWS. Have to see how the first goes, but I mean Danks??? Come on. LOL.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i am kinda surprised more teams aren't going with their ace on Friday.

I mean i get that they might want to give their stud arms a bit more of a rest but this is a chance to re-shuffle your pitching rotation.

I would think the White Sox would want to go Sale, Rodon, Quintanna

and the Mariners would want to go Felix Hernandez, Iwakuma, Walker

why wouldn't the Mets go Harvey, deGrom, Syndergaard

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't know what the other teans are waiting for to announce their starters, like the Red Sox, does it matter????

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I don't know what the other teans are waiting for to announce their starters, like the Red Sox, does it matter????
    maybe they are trying to keep the other teams from being able to study film on a certain pitcher

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    maybe they are trying to keep the other teams from being able to study film on a certain pitcher
    Yeah maybe, but after half the season everybody has seen enough of theach other, or film. There won't be many surprises, unless some team dumps all their pitchers ( Cincy) and starts all rookies. LOL.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5674

We are just talking & kicking around idea's. 3 days away, gets antsy. LOL.
    Of course you know I was only being hilarious.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    Of course you know I was only being hilarious.
    I know.

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

On vacation and not even thinking about baseball. You guys are truly sick.

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

Quote Originally Posted by mitch51 View Post
    Then what the F am I doing here, then?

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Then what the F am I doing here, then?
    Thanks old friend. LOL.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

After reading up on some of these pitchers, I said earlier Jimenez for Baltimore is tough. But against Detroit at their place he has like an 8.00 + ERA. Yikes. OK, Kershaw starting for LAD ???

Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

Fading Jimenez and Baltimore on Friday.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Blackballer View Post
    Ditto.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Blackballer View Post
    Looking like Detroit for me at -110.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Chompin' at the bit, eh Mag??? lol
    How did you end up 1st half? Up?
    GL

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Chompin' at the bit, eh Mag??? lol
    How did you end up 1st half? Up?
    GL
    -1.12 something like that. Hoping to do better. LOL.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Heavy Leans Friday:
    LAD -108.
    NYY over 7.5.
    Toronto over 8.5.
    Detroit -115.
    Boston over 8.
    Oakland -160.
    SD -138 .
    Houston over 8.5.