R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Should be worse if Sux could get more clutch at plate. Had a similar even worse case when I was on Cards bout a month back fading Gio sorry ass. Birds stranded over 10 runners thru like 6 innings and Gonzo gets the W barely thanks to the horseshoe he shoved up his ass that night apparently.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeo-Picks View Post
    But Martinez is REAL. Say what u will about him but stats do the talking in the end. Not wins and losses on their record.
    Right and his peripheral stats suck. And tonight is no different. If you just look at his mainstream line, he allowed 2 runs in 6 innings (so far) and he looks good. Then you look at how he pitched, and Boston had runners on every inning, had a guy picked off and hit into 3 DPs in 6 innings. As I said, mainstream stats usually converge to mainstream stats, and when that happens you will see Martinez's ERA skyrocket. I already posted ZiPs projection above, he showed nothing tonight to indicate any change in that tomorrow.

LT Profits

Wow, Rodriguez back out for the eighth inning.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Wow, Rodriguez back out for the eighth inning.
    Certainly not treating him like a guy they intended to send back down. That has to be squashed considering how pathetic their rotation been, right?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Certainly not treating him like a guy they intended to send back down. That has to be squashed considering how pathetic their rotation been, right?
    You've already seen my thoughts on 523 other threads throughout the day. He is Major League ready now and has nothing left to prove in Triple-A. Maybe the Sox said this was going to be a spot start so as not to insult their veteran starters?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

You've already seen my thoughts on 523 other threads throughout the day. He is Major League ready now and has nothing left to prove in Triple-A. Maybe the Sox said this was going to be a spot start so as not to insult their veteran starters?
    Those guys been embarrassing themselves every 5th day. Dunno why they be worried bout their feelings? Maybe saying such a thing takes pressure off the kid as well, beats me. I didn't expect this good just knowing sox could really use pitching so Id think a guy this talented would already be in the rotation..

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Those guys been embarrassing themselves every 5th day. Dunno why they be worried bout their feelings? Maybe saying such a thing takes pressure off the kid as well, beats me. I didn't expect this good just knowing sox could really use pitching so Id think a guy this talented would already be in the rotation..
    He only allowed one run in 7.2 innings during spring training with 9 strikeouts and no walks, I guess the Red Sox wanted him to get a little more seasoning in the minors.

Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

Right and his peripheral stats suck. And tonight is no different. If you just look at his mainstream line, he allowed 2 runs in 6 innings (so far) and he looks good. Then you look at how he pitched, and Boston had runners on every inning, had a guy picked off and hit into 3 DPs in 6 innings. As I said, mainstream stats usually converge to mainstream stats, and when that happens you will see Martinez's ERA skyrocket. I already posted ZiPs projection above, he showed nothing tonight to indicate any change in that tomorrow.
    some guys pitch better with guys on base . Ask Santiago of the Angels. I'm not saying Martinez is a stud . But he is above avg pitcher . Close to good

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeo-Picks View Post
    some guys pitch better with guys on base . Ask Santiago of the Angels. I'm not saying Martinez is a stud . But he is above avg pitcher . Close to good
    Guys that get away with pitching with men on base are usually strikeout guys, which Martinez is not. In fact he is an extreme contact pitcher averaging just 4.91 strikeouts vs. 2.78 walks per nine innings (before tonight), and it is not like he is an extreme groundball pitcher either at 43.3%. He has been saved by allowing a low .266 BABIP (again before tonight) and that abnormally high strand rate, both of which will stabilize.

First 12