Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

I Officially Hate Derrick Turnbow

This guy sucks...

Yost may just mess up this season yet...

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I hear ya, I was on the Brewers as well. Nice comeback, and then Turnbow gives it right back. Tough loss.

I need SF to hold on for a winning day.

Senator7

I won with Florida, lost with Milwaukee, and am waiting for San Fran to seal it as well for a winning day.

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

won with florida.. and im done with today. 1 game a day is all i want.

rjt721

Nice call with the Fish. I was on the Pirates.

Won with the Tribe and Cubbies.

Hopefully the Giants will come through for us. A couple insurance runs would be nice right now.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

He's been good for me the last two nights. I was royally pissed at Myers for his choke job.

Good luck with SF S7.

Senator7

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    He's been good for me the last two nights. I was royally pissed at Myers for his choke job.

Good luck with SF S7.
    Thanks OWNED. I can't believe Yost had the audacity to send him to the mound tonight after last night's debacle. He better get a couple games of "rest" after tonight.

Giants got that insurance run. A few more would be nice.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Can't say I was upset but really Turnbow had no business being in there after last night's meltdown. Every time Turnbow comes in there I cringe.....

Senator7

Benitez is doing his best Turnblow impression. San Fran game now tied at 5.

There is no god...

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

how about nooseneck benitez giving up a 2 run HR to tie it up?

BuddyBear
    Update your status

I was just about to say maybe Benitez's name is going to appear in this thread.....

pat venditto

imo you guys made a poor pick with SF. They just won by 14 runs last game vs the rockies... the bookies want you to choose the giants after that!

Senator7

I didn't choose them because of how many runs they scored in their last game.

I chose them because they had the better pitching matchup and I think they have a better offense as well. Not to mention, they were +111 for me.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Games not even over yet......

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by pat venditto View Post
    imo you guys made a poor pick with SF. They just won by 14 runs last game vs the rockies... the bookies want you to choose the giants after that!
    This coming from a guy who claims he's 8-0 this week when he doesn't even post his plays. Hilarious.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    This coming from a guy who claims he's 8-0 this week when he doesn't even post his plays. Hilarious.

pat venditto

I won't post because I believe if i do.. too much money will go on my team and I will lose. btw i had giants when they won 15-1.... but yeah you don't have to believe me about the 8-0. My bankroll believes me though and so does bodog .

BuddyBear
    Update your status

I won't post because I believe if i do.. too much money will go on my team and I will lose. btw i had giants when they won 15-1.... but yeah you don't have to believe me about the 8-0. My bankroll believes me though and so does bodog .
    You do realize that less than 1% of all people who place wagers online do not go on gaming forums. If you are going 8-0 people would be interested to hear about your picks and rationale.

austintx05

u play at bodog?

hahaha

pat venditto

Yes I do.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Anyway...what kind of logic is this other than supertion that if i post a play I will lose. Guess what....the outcome of the game has absolutely no bearing on whether you posted it on an obscure gaming forum or not.

pat venditto

Thats what you think... lol the bookies never lose. If 5 million is on the pistons and 1 million the bulls... you better bet your ass the bulls are gonna win.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Thats what you think... lol the bookies never lose. If 5 million is on the pistons and 1 million the bulls... you better bet your ass the bulls are gonna win.
    This is so not true........betting against the public is largely a myth in sports betting. Its mantra is simple and intuitively appealing and that's why people cling on to it thinking that it is going to work...all I have to do is figure out who the public is on and bet against them. The reality is picking winners requires serious consideration of all aspects of a game. Betting the public is largely a fantasy. You probably won't go broke or become rich...you'll just hit a little more than 50% and pay the juice. Think of it as admission to watch a game.

pat venditto

ok well i'll post my game tommorow.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Come on guys, let's congratulate, not hate.

Pat, 8-0 this week?? Wow, that is really impressive. Great job. How do you do it? You don't have any tips or hints you might want to give us? Maybe kick us your pick at the last second tomorrow or something like that? 8-0 in one week, that is championship level handicapping if you can keep it up.

pat venditto

ok deal... right before the game 10 mins before I will post it.

austintx05

bodog is for chumps

pat venditto

Why's that?

austintx05

because anyone who knows anything about beating the book knows you don't do it by paying -110

pat venditto

If you pay -180 or +180 if you win the game... you are beating the books.

austintx05

biggest misconception in betting. You think if you are winning, just like you boast your 8-0 week that you are beating the book, but when you lay say, -105 instead of -110 and you literally save $20k in juice alone...well that is smart and powerful...but if you like playing at bodog and laying -110and you "feel" you are beating the book then by all means keep doing it...I just know that by fact anyone who is smart about bvetting goes the reduce juice route...

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    because anyone who knows anything about beating the book knows you don't do it by paying -110
    Ummm...we're talking MLB here not pointspreads.

BoDog is an above average book but has many limitations. I would say playing at BoDog is not a problem if you are a recreational bettor....but to do it at a more serioius level you'll probably have to branch out and consider other books in addition to BoDog. You definitely need BoDog in your aresenal but it should be one of many books that should be funded.

austintx05

i dont care what sport you are talking....and you dont need bodog at all...low limits, high juice...its a ripoff...anyone who makes money in the long run does not play at bodog

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow HG View Post
    Come on guys, let's congratulate, not hate.

Pat, 8-0 this week?? Wow, that is really impressive. Great job. How do you do it? You don't have any tips or hints you might want to give us? Maybe kick us your pick at the last second tomorrow or something like that? 8-0 in one week, that is championship level handicapping if you can keep it up.
    I'm not hating on the guy at all - I wish him well with his picks. I just don't appreciate someone criticizing others for backing the Giants, particularly immediately after the fashion in which SF blew this game. What's the point in that? Pretty immature.

And if you are truly 8-0 this week, there's certainly no need to openly brag about it, as you are doing with your current signature. The fact that you say you are 8-0 really means shit unless you are posting your plays on here. Have a little class.
    Last edited by rjt721; 05-15-07 at 10:56 PM.

12 Last