trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10365

Bryce Harper

Do you guys think he is clean?

Ive seen him play almost every game and all of the sudden ball is flying off his bat like I've never seen him do before. Hitting balls out of the zone, barely swinging and ball flying deep, unreal. I remember Bonds, Vlad Guerrero, Maguire, etc, and looks alot like they did.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Do you guys think he is clean?

Ive seen him play almost every game and all of the sudden ball is flying off his bat like I've never seen him do before. Hitting balls out of the zone, barely swinging and ball flying deep, unreal. I remember Bonds, Vlad Guerrero, Maguire, etc, and looks alot like they did.
    Hes healthy for once dude. You gotta remember this kid is only 22 years old. He was blasting balls off the catwalk at the Trop when he was in high school. He stays healthy he's winning the MVP this year.

trobin31

No doubt he is super talented, I've been living up here and seen him play since he came up, I go to every Marlins game each year so I've seen him live plenty, just looks different from what I've seen how the ball comes off the bat

Yons18
    Yons18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Kid was hitting 500ft bombs back when he was 16. He's just finally got the hang of playing in the bigs. Just because his swing has finally caught up to big league pitching doesn't mean he is using...

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Glad he's gonna live up to hype, since Strat's certainly is not

trobin31

That Roid rage though

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Glad he's gonna live up to hype, since Strat's certainly is not
    I can't stand the prick, having said that, yeah I'm glad he's living up to the hype as well.
    It's good for baseball. Difference between him and Trout is Trout needed just 4 months to figure it all out.
    Trout got called up for good in July of 2011, played 40 games, and only hit .220.
    From 2012 to now, he's been the best player on the planet, now before you give me Miggy, Trout does things Miggy does not do.

But I digress, until this recent power supply, Harper was for his career, was pretty much .275/.360 20/70RBI guy.
    Trout for his career is .300/400 30/100 RBI guy, with 20 plus SB a year.

Both are two different outfielders also.
    While both play center and corners, Trout is realy a true centerfielder, where as Harper is more a corner outfielder.

As I said, Harper getting attention is good for the MLB brand, still doesn't mean I like him.
    Neither juice IMO, both are pretty much the same bulid as they were when they were 16.

@PorkChop, Washington ruined Stras, Mets would have ruined Harvey if Harvey wasn't all like "Hey, leave me alone, it's my arm, it's my body, I know that I can do more than you in the front office knows"

Stras got all those inning an pitch limitations put on him, just like Yanks did with Joba, and it affected him.

Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

Why the hate on strat ??? He isn't a "kershaw" but he has been a great pitcher when healthy. And the Nationals have nothing to do with how he pitches. It's on him, and he has been good to great. The hype was too unreal for him but he is good.

and Matt Harvey didn't control the situation while recovering. If it was up to him he would of made a couple starts in September . But Mets said no. And Harvey hasn't missed a beat. He will win a cy in the near future

trobin31

Another Jack to opposite field, haven't seen this in 5 years or so since certain rules came into place....also, wind is blowing L->R tonight, doesn't take a nuclear physicist to figure it out

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Didn't he hit one like 500 feet when he was 16 years old in high school?

trobin31

Yeah and Bo Jackson killed a wild bore with a pebble rock when he was 10 yrs old. I sure hope you guys are right but he has mutated within a span of 3 weeks. Not even in spring training he looked like this...