The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some baseball reminders for today

1) The Tex/TB game is not being played at Tropicana, but at Disney World in Orlando. So it's outdoors and on the grass. The stadium has standard dimensions, but the Florida heat may have the same over-leaning effect it can have for Marlins games. The pitching and lineups for the series, though, probably won't reinforce overs too much.

2) Felix Hernandez is on a pitch count. I read 70, but that seems quite low. But whatever it winds up being, he'll be limited. From a capping perspective, though, of course, Seattle has a number of decent and rested arms in the pen, so if Felix throws 5 shutout innings, Seattle will be looking good.

3) Anyone who gets feeds from Stats.com (or the AP), Toronto first-time starter Jesse Litsch's 2006 minor league record was reported as his 2007 record. He was actually 5-1 0.96 at Double A this year, not 3-4 5.06.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

I like LAA today. Escobar is pitching very well right now, Hernandez could make some mistakes today.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Good info...thanks

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel that the dimensions give an advantage to Texas.

With Felix being on a pitch count of 70. I think there is some value with the over tonight.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I feel that the dimensions give an advantage to Texas.

With Felix being on a pitch count of 70. I think there is some value with the over tonight.
    To set a 70 pitch limit in a major league game is stupid.

If he's having problems, they should let him work them out on a pitch count in AA or AAA.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

They just don't want to take any chances at all with Felix. In fact he wanted to pitch a week ago, but the Team didn't want him too. The Yankees did this with Mussina a few weeks ago when they played Texas, so I can't say it's a first time this has happen in MLB before.

As far as the stupid part goes I do agree with that. The should have just extended his rehab in the minors and let him work his way back into form.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7 View Post
    To set a 70 pitch limit in a major league game is stupid.

If he's having problems, they should let him work them out on a pitch count in AA or AAA.
    Maddux throws complete games with 70 pitches.

Senator7

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    Maddux throws complete games with 70 pitches.
    Felix Hernandez is not Greg Maddux.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Kind of sucks for Hernandez...your team scores that many runs by the 5th inning and you aren't even around to pick up the win. I'd be pissed....

Senator7

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Kind of sucks for Hernandez...your team scores that many runs by the 5th inning and you aren't even around to pick up the win. I'd be pissed....
    That's what I'm talking about. Maddux can throw 6 or 7 innings on 70 pitches. Hernandez would be lucky to get to 5 on a good day with 70 pitches.

Let him work it out in AA or AAA. You don't see the Yankees bringing Clemens back into shape by throwing him against Boston and Toronto...