sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

What am I missing?

Guys fill me in.
    I have never been to a real Baseball Game Major League or Minor.
    Seems Boring what is the deal enlighten me.

Have thought about going but just can't pull the trigger.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

You drink beer and don't remember what happened the prior inning. Otherwise if you hate it on TV you'll hate it even more when you can't flip channels and have to sit there inbetween innings.

sam9ball
    Update Status

Where is the best seat?
    Do I take a glove with me?

Been to a few Pro Basketball games pretty exciting, fast paced action, air conditioned.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Pro basketball games are awful...unless maybe you get good seats. Soooo pricey too...of course I am not a big fan of nba.
    Mlb games are nice to go to...more so to visit a stadium you've never been inside...helps when weather is decent...just my take. Sure beats having to do things around the house.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

MLB games are fun.....if your a baseball know it all lower leagues are fun....players like Jerry sands ect play in minors then jump to MLB so its SOMEWHAT cool to see them before they are big BUT not much lol....the difference between MLB and lower is hitting and power....about it..

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

MLB games are fun...but not EXCITING lol...no suspense in 90% of the games played...

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baseball atmosphere is the best imo. If you go early for batting practice you can get autographs, especially with the away teams. It's not as fast paced as other sports so you have the time to kind of appreciate everything. It's an awesome experience. I recommend avoiding the promotional giveaway games unless you absolutely have to have that bobblehead. The gate lines are terrible on those days. As far as seating goes I recommend sitting as close to the dugout of the team you enjoy the most on your first time. The outfield feels differently to me along with sitting deep down either sideline. Either way I hope you get a chance to do it sometime, I think you would enjoy it!
    Points Awarded:

Vegas39 gave Ra77er 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by sam9ball View Post
    Guys fill me in.

just curious, are you American? if so, where did you grow up?

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

sooo boring

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

Guys fill me in.

Unless you are 15 years old or younger, don't waste your time, it's like watching paint dry. LOL. I have been to all four majors sporting events 100's of times, MLB is the most boring. I don't watch a lot of NBA, but being at the game is more interesting than TV, MLB, less. NFL is the best. Good Luck if you go, and bring your AMX Card, you will need it now a days.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Love baseball games get drunk and talk to beautiful ladies
    Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave King Mayan 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Vegas39 gave King Mayan 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I usually get a lower level seat near first base. But it also depends the people that sit around you. Lots of people show up and spend most of their time on their phones (social media) and/or have to come out of their sit too many times. That gets annoying.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Do NOT bring a glove unless you are a child, or if you have a child they can bring a glove.

Baseball games are excellent IF the weather is good.

Many people socialize, drink beer heavily, eat hot dogs and other good snacks, take a stroll around the park to see how cool it is, and generally enjoy your time.

Ninth innings it can get intense otherwise, even tho I love the game, it is very slow paced and relaxing.

sam9ball
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    just curious, are you American? if so, where did you grow up?
    Born in San Antonio, Tx so I guess that's American. Although we Texans are a breed all in Its self ��

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

Baseball game is basically sitting outside in the sun and getting drunk. I like either midway on the 3rd base to home foul line or midway home to 1st fl up in the mid seats. high enough to see the whole field and close enough you can see the pitching/batting. prices aren't too bad in that area either.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Baseball is a dying game and probably the most boring sport you could ever possibly watch stay away Sammy

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baseball is a social sports experience. Not too many games you can go to and carry on conversation with friends and family and generally still catch everything that happens in the game. It's a good, relaxed atmosphere IMO.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Baseball is a dying game and probably the most boring sport you could ever possibly watch stay away Sammy

Yeah in terrible shape

Major League Baseball finished the 2014 regular season with an attendance of 73,739,622, marking the seventh highest total of all-time, it was announced today. Competitive balance throughout the game and exciting late-year pennant races have led to the last decade producing all 10 of the best-attended seasons in Major League Baseball history.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Yeah in terrible shape

Major League Baseball finished the 2014 regular season with an attendance of 73,739,622, marking the seventh highest total of all-time, it was announced today. Competitive balance throughout the game and exciting late-year pennant races have led to the last decade producing all 10 of the best-attended seasons in Major League Baseball history.
    I still think they need to cut back from 162 games...too many IMO

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11941

Do I take a glove with me?
    Sam you don't look a day over 12 so yea I'd say it's acceptable for you to bring a baseball mitt.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Seating depends on the stadium and the experience you are looking for. At Wrigley I don't like to sit anywhere but the bleachers. I would imagine sitting on top of the green monster in fenway would be cool too. Comiskey (Us Cellular) has a bar down by the visitors bullpen - its a fun way to watch the game cause you kind of see it how the relievers see it. Most other places I agree, along the base lines, first or third. The closer you are they less structural view blocks you may get.

Otherwise agree w/ others - its more of a experience - you are outside having some peanuts and a beer - lots of good gambling games you can play with a group if you want to keep each at bat interesting. Football my number 1 sport, Hockey probably #2 now, with baseball 3. Basketball way way down the list

Keelo
    Keelo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Usually pretty inexpensive to go depending on Stadium and opponent. Love the atmosphere. Most people there to have a good time weather there team is winning or not. Some peanuts, beer and a hot dog on a nice summer day.

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

At Angel stadium your missing a pussiee fest-

Ra77er

I tend to believe this zipper head. I would love to go to Angel Stadium someday.

ZIPPER HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    I tend to believe this zipper head. I would love to go to Angel Stadium someday.
    The southern ca girls are some of the most beautiful women in the world IMO. Day games they are mostly in halter tops .

Ra77er

JAYZUS CHRISTO Zipper...thats enough. I can't get my house packed up today??? or can I???
    Last edited by Ra77er; 05-11-15 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Edited for religious people

ZIPPER HEAD

JAYZUS CHRISTO Zipper...thats enough. I can't get my house packed up today??? or can I???

Get er done

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

packed yet

Name:  6c8eeb000f40c41e543e620b5a4051af.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  21.4 KB

Ra77er

Guys you need to slow down because that looks fantastic to me and my wife. I hope the food is at least decent compared to Texas because that looks like home

jjgold

Sammy watch soccer

much better and much more quality people

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Make sure you look at the seating chart prior Coach, find a shaded part of the stadium...we don;t need you getting skin cancer on that dome of yours pal.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Sit in the bleachers. Always the best atmosphere. Bring sunflowerSeeds/peanuts. Bring a glove or dont; it's up to you. Prepared to pay between $9-15 dollars for each beer (so drink a couple before the game). Always buy a hot dog / polish sausage. prepared to pee at least once while at the game.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

jjgold

Minimum $50 to go to a game

A Family of 5 at least $300 and up

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Grab a pair of club tickets, grab a cute girl age 19-24, tell her to wear short white shorts, and enjoy the game

12 Last