Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome back to the post All Star game unreasonable top 8. Ties added to irritate Stax.

1. Los Angeles Dodgers +635
    1(tie). Baltimore Orioles +2500
    2. Houston Astros +1600
    3. Kansas City Royals +850
    4. Minnesota Twins +4750
    5. St Louis Cardinals +625
    6. Arizona Diamondbacks +13500
    6(tie). San Francisco Giants +2200
    7. Washington Nationals +650
    8. Detroit Tigers +2500

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    1. Kansas City Royals

2. LA Dodgers

3. St Louis Cardinals

4. Houston Astros

5. New York Yankees

6. Miami Marlins

7(tie). Arizona Diamondbacks

7(tie). Minnesota Twins

8. Tampa Bay Rays

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

1. Royals
    2. Astros
    3. Cardinals
    4. Dodgers
    5. Twins
    6.Nationals
    7. Angels
    8. Pirates

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

My top 8 teams right now:

1. Royals
    2. Pirates
    3. Cardinals
    4. Dodgers
    5. Nationals
    6. Angels
    7. Cubs
    8. Astros

Close: Giants, Mets, Orioles, Blue Jays, Yankees, Twins

Watch out for Boston and Cleveland in the 2nd half

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    My top 8 teams right now:

1. Royals
    2. Pirates
    3. Cardinals
    4. Dodgers
    5. Nationals
    6. Angels
    7. Cubs
    8. Astros

Close: Giants, Mets, Orioles, Blue Jays, Yankees, Twins

Watch out for Boston and Cleveland in the 2nd half
    only chance the Indians have is if they re-call Lonnie Chisenhall to play 3B.

This Urshela guy is horrible.

Ra77er

Fun reading through the first page here to say the least. Hope to see some redo or confirm their top 8 from two months ago and if they are all still laughing at me (Koncker check in)

iceman02
    iceman02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2965

Not sure why u don't have nats. Not only are they favs to win it all. They are playing and winning without have 3 of their top 4 bats in the lineup(and best player from last season Rendon)

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    only chance the Indians have is if they re-call Lonnie Chisenhall to play 3B.

This Urshela guy is horrible.
    Entire Tribe lineup is bad except for Kipnis and Brantley. They have a hot young rotation though, and they have been playing well the last 2 months. Kluber, Salazar, Carrasco, Bauer the best young staff in the AL, and maybe all of the majors except for the Mets.

STAX

I thin Pirates are +1500 to win the Series... gotta be wroth a look. That top 3 of Cole, Liriano, and Burnett is as good as anyones right now. And that lineup is potent. I didnt think much of the Pirates preseason or even halfway through the first half, but this team is for real. Has what it takes to win it all. Might be a Royals/Pirates WS. Who wouldda thought that 5 years ago, lol.

Really think Cards fade some and Pirates take the division. Both will be in the playoffs though for sure. Nats and Dodgers will run away with the division. Last playoff spot likely goes to the Cubs, Giants, or Mets. Tough to pick one of these 3, but I'd go with Cubs.

Royals and Angels will each win their divisions easily imo. Astros a nice story and all, they will get a wild card. AL East is a crapshoot, any of those 5 teams could win it. Last playoff spot could really be any of the remaining teams. No one truly out of it.

For sure NL playoff teams:
    Dodgers
    Nats
    Pirates
    Cards

last spot between Cubs/Mets/Giants

For sure AL playoff teams:
    Royals
    Angels

the rest is up for grabs literally, although I give an edge to the Stros for wild card.

Ra77er

Great post Stax

I am looking at it from more of an angle to bet on teams down the stretch and not necessarily picking a world series winner. I like to look at the current odds and compare them to who I think may be undervalued. The nationals are fantastic but does anyone wanna take a guess at how much you've won betting on them this year? $10 thats it....Minnesota on the other hand $1760 ...Arizona $29.....etc. Texas Rangers are actually good money this first half but I am prepared to fade this team and ride a team like Arizona personally. Same goes for Oakland who was one of the worst teams to back but are going to win money in the 2h in my personal opinion. I think books tighten up on Pitt and it will be hard to find much value betting them.

Discussing who will win the world series is obviously a different list of teams for the top 8 imho.

I do appreciate everyone posting and I hope they can use it in some way in their own handicapping during the 2h of the season. Perhaps you are backing the nats too often...or in my case DETROIT penetrating TIGERS

Ra77er

One small example is the last game against the Cardinals.....Pitt was basically -168 to -175 everywhere and that went to extras.....good luck in the 2h laying that or losing like me on the RL so you get a better number.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Great post Stax

I am looking at it from more of an angle to bet on teams down the stretch and not necessarily picking a world series winner. I like to look at the current odds and compare them to who I think may be undervalued. The nationals are fantastic but does anyone wanna take a guess at how much you've won betting on them this year? $10 thats it....Minnesota on the other hand $1760 ...Arizona $29.....etc. Texas Rangers are actually good money this first half but I am prepared to fade this team and ride a team like Arizona personally. Same goes for Oakland who was one of the worst teams to back but are going to win money in the 2h in my personal opinion. I think books tighten up on Pitt and it will be hard to find much value betting them.

Discussing who will win the world series is obviously a different list of teams for the top 8 imho.

I do appreciate everyone posting and I hope they can use it in some way in their own handicapping during the 2h of the season. Perhaps you are backing the nats too often...or in my case DETROIT penetrating TIGERS
    OK, now I understand ur rankings, shouldda said that from the beginning,,, lol.

First 123