fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday's Pick of the Day

I like Moyer -122 of the Phillies over Bush +109 of the brewers. Moyer is a lefty ace who the Brewers have little experience against. Bush is the worst Brewer starter with an ERA that is over 6 on the road. Moyer has an era of about 2 when playing in philly.

What do you guys think?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to the SBR forum

I like your play tonight sir.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played them as well, good luck.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Bush has as much talent as any of the Brewer starters and I consider him very solid and could be a 20 game winner in the next few seasons. Every team would love to have this guy on their team.

Brewers hit lefties very well and have a very strong record against them. Moyer has pitched well but he is a soft lefty that MIL should hit easily. Moreoever, when MIL has lost they've responded very well with wins. Only once this year have they lost two in a row. There is a reason PHIL is under .500 they just aren't that good. With Howard out and MIL playing well, I see much more value with MIL than I do with PHIL.

I would say MIL or pass....

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Bush has as much talent as any of the Brewer starters and I consider him very solid and could be a 20 game winner in the next few seasons. Every team would love to have this guy on their team.

Brewers hit lefties very well and have a very strong record against them. Moyer has pitched well but he is a soft lefty that MIL should hit easily. Moreoever, when MIL has lost they've responded very well with wins. Only once this year have they lost two in a row. There is a reason PHIL is under .500 they just aren't that good. With Howard out and MIL playing well, I see much more value with MIL than I do with PHIL.

As someone who has watched nearly every Brewer game on TV over the last 3 years, BB is spot on here.

My decision was Milwaukee or passing and I chose to pass.

Terpman92
    Terpman92's Avatar Become A Pro!

fifawcs, wih you on the phils bro!

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Say what you want about Bush's ability, but you can never take him on the road. It's just not something that should enter your thought process, IMO. Three of his four big league seasons have shown him to have a shocking home/road splits (His 2005 road ERA was 4.04, for what it's worth).

2004:
    Home ERA - 2.77
    Road ERA - 4.73

2006:
    Home ERA - 3.53
    Road ERA - 5.38

2007:
    Home ERA - 5.20
    Road ERA - 6.61

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, the brewers don't hit lefties any better than they hit righties. The brewers are also a much worse team on the road. All I am saying is that usually teams that don't have experience against veterans like Moyer do not perform as well. An example of this was Moyer's performance against Arizona on the 9th. Only a few players had experience against him and he was able to hold them to three runs over 7 innings. And Philadelphia has a great offense with or without Ryan Howard. Ultimately, only time will tell.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Ya know, I had always thought the same about Bush having the talent to be a major factor in this league. My prevailing opinion about him, currently, has been he just hasn't put it together yet. However, I was not aware of the stark contrast in Road and Home ERA as posted by Razz. That's unreal! Good stuff.

E

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

contrarian

from my experience when everyone like one favorite, they're likely to lose. i won a shit load betting on the cubs yesterday, so not confident backing philly.

gl with your picks. i think i'll look at the 7pm games once the angels finish beating up the rangers.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I like the brewers here myself as a dog. Once the starters are gone and this game becomes a battle of the bullpens, the balance of power will shift strongly to the Milwaukee side.