No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why are the books so stupid when it comes to the Royals and Astros?

Night after night, plus money over and over again. Yet they just keep winning.

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

Because Guthrie and Fausto Carmona were starting for those teams tonight. Average pitchers at best with nothing special

Rbyrne

Jed Lowrie is out tonight for Astros too, jammed his thumb needs mri, and hes been one of their best bats so far, I cashed Astros the past 2 days but couldn't pull the trigger tonight. Tonight they got very lucky in the first inning Evan Gattis hit a ball to center field and Wil Myers went back to the fence to play it jumped and the ball went in his glove popped out out hit the top of the fence and then over for a 2 run homer. u could read myers lips after the play saying u gotta be kidding me

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Kc dogs again 2marro. Books gotta be starting to hate them at this point. Their record as a dog is insane.,

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Coiner I respect you but starting to sound like a broken record! Sometimes books slow catching up with teams, a lot has to do with public perception how they set lines. Took books 2 years catching up with Oak A's, and a good year or so before they caught up with Wash Wiz for ex. Your job is to notice these things and exploit them not cry or wonder wtf?!?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Coiner I respect you but starting to sound like a broken record! Sometimes books slow catching up with teams, a lot has to do with public perception how they set lines. Took books 2 years catching up with Oak A's, and a good year or so before they caught up with Wash Wiz for ex. Your job is to notice these things and exploit them not cry or wonder wtf?!?
    Public loves both of these teams, especially KC. Books aren't making any money off of the public's perception of them anymore. That ship sailed a long time ago.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah I agree on Kc. Woulda thought same on Oak as well couple years back but they were still dogs most everyday for a long while unless playing Seattle lol. Wiz were a great buried treasure for year + plus as well till maybe midway thru last season. You know how mlb works brutha gotta ride the hot hand at decent price while you can get it! Not like teams such as Tribe are anything special.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

quit worrying about who the public is on and pick winners

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Hahaha yeah I jumped in late on a KC live bet.. thank god.

Astros I had from the start.

And honestly I'll keep taking them at plus odds in a lot of situations. The Lowrie thing does freak me out a little bit with the Astros though.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Bear stfu! I agree Coiner overthinks things at times in that regard but I'm guilty of it myself at times not gonna lie. We all have our own unique ways at times going about things and try to find edges anywhere we can.

I myself have noticed over years a few certain days of week seem to be heavy on public burial side. And right or wrong pick I won't play a team that is getting smashed with say 80%ish of public tickets on that team those days. We all have own "science" or strategy and end of day try and make a few extra bucks. If it were super easy tho we would all own islands!

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Haha I do know that I'm more than likely going to take D Keuchel at +126 against these Padres tomorrow as well.

Rbyrne

Yea Keuchel is the Astros best starter imo, Cashner throws really hard but I noticed hes been getting hit a lot so far

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    quit worrying about who the public is on and pick winners
    You relize you talking to a guy that post plays almost every day every season and always comes out ahead right? You wanna lie and say the same for yourself?

Now let's get to the really stupid comment about picking winners. Nobody has a crystal ball. You make plays based off percentages and trust your process in determining what the plays you take over time will profit. Which you most likely don't have the ability to do nearly as well as nc.

Do I nessisarily subscribe to NC's process? Not exactly, not that I don't understand it or am arrogant enough to say mine in any way better. For most part I play gms I see value in while nc questions why that percieved value is there. And I do weigh that to a degree just probably far far less than him. Really doesn't matter, there a lot of ways to skin a cat. What's more important is having a process that works for you and Believing in it.
    Points Awarded:

No coincidences gave 2daBank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: terrortwylight

Rbyrne

Astros +120 on Wednesday with Keuchel starting, Lowrie will be out since he jammed hes thumb sliding into home Monday night, hes def been one of their better players so far, but gotta love the Astros with Keuchel pitching hes 2-0 with an era under 1, Royals are +115 with Ventura starting, like royals and Astros to sweep tomorrow but like Astros better because the Indians starter Salazar has nasty stuff and Indians are due for win even tho their bullpen is terrible and blew a 5-3 lead today

Rbyrne

something ive noticed is that altuve and springer both lead the American league in steals with 8 each, although this Astros team has some free swingers like chris carter and guys who strike out a lot, they manage to to win games different ways, good starting pitching with an improved bullpen, altuve is the best lead off hitter in the entire league in my opinion, seems like springer strikes out a lot but he has a lot of power he hit a home run tonight, Lowrie has been a great pick up but he got hurt the other night so may go on the dl not sure yet, Gattis was off to a horrible start but has started to produce the last few games with big hits
    Last edited by Rbyrne; 04-29-15 at 02:04 AM.

2daBank

ill tell ya one thing nc, i love the pads 2marro for a ton of reasons. hit sd-127 and half on rl +175

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    Astros +120 on Wednesday with Keuchel starting, Lowrie will be out since he jammed hes thumb sliding into home Monday night, hes def been one of their better players so far, but gotta love the Astros with Keuchel pitching hes 2-0 with an era under 1, Royals are +115 with Ventura starting, like royals and Astros to sweep tomorrow but like Astros better because the Indians starter Salazar has nasty stuff and Indians are due for win even tho their bullpen is terrible and blew a 5-3 lead today
    kc i can buy even tho i hanvt looked at. i honestly think hou a terrible play. i been wrong before but there a lot of things to consider that may not be what everyone looks at..

something i posted elsewhere talking with other ppl i respect who all agree with you bout hou..

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

please explain hou to me cause i really dont get it. i understand how they been playing as a dog, i understand kuechel is a really good pitcher and their record with him is sick going back to last year. i think that the end of it tho.

i love pads lineup vs lefties (much as i used to stros and still think they will hit lhp better). granted stros numbers havnt backed it up yet as they have hit little better vs righties and certainly more homers (id assume lowery a lot of the reason for that). cashner hasnt given up a hr to a right hander all year and most the hitters he has to worry about will be righties. cashner has also been pitching his ass off, some numbers may not show it but most things point to him being really good especially vs righties. kuechel hasnt given up a hr all season, we know that not gonna last and he facing a lineup full of righties that like to hit lhp. dont think fagan a guy with all that big a kzone (could be wrong tho), if he forces him to get the ball up i think pads take out a little frustration here..

if anything i would say if you like stos wait cause i think line goes higher. sux i wont have a chance to see your guys responses as ill be working till prob before 1st pitch (will be glad to read anyway tho), as is im down for 1x on sd-127 and rl+185 for a half...

2daBank

think im gonna be wrong bout which way the pads line moves. nc could be right, hou gonna get a ton of love here it appears..

Rbyrne

Game could go either way, two good pitchers going but Astros are the hot team with the hot bats so go with them

2daBank

Game could go either way, two good pitchers going but Astros are the hot team with the hot bats so go with them
    no thanx. i like money and fact i think sd is underpriced at -127 means i think the likelyhood of it going either way are nothing close to the coinflip you suggesting...

kuechel's era dying for some regression and this ump and this lineup who been smashing lefties just the gm for it to happen.. and quite the opposite i think it very likely to expect cashner to cool off those hot bats, for a day at least..

Rbyrne

Yea it's Astros or no play for me, sd just isn't as good as advertised imo and I could see them going on a losing streak, as far as this game goes i could see a lot of ppl betting sd just on the not getn swept angle but beware of Jose Altuve he's starting to heat up and when he's hot he jump starts this Astros lineup big time

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

think im gonna be wrong bout which way the pads line moves. nc could be right, hou gonna get a ton of love here it appears..
    which will have no impact on the result of the game

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

ill tell ya one thing nc, i love the pads 2marro for a ton of reasons. hit sd-127 and half on rl +175
    Agree.

Rbyrne

2dabank check yo self lil niggaaaa before I ride down to St. Louis, Astros win

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

lol check yo self fo you wreck yo self

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    which will have no impact on the result of the game
    I've never said anything but, what it has effect on is percentage of times you have to win based on line you get.. Don't talk to me like you telling me some shit, ever. Bottom line is my left asscheak knows more bout this shit than u ever will

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

lol 2dabank did u ever play baseball just curious?

2daBank

You wouldn't be the 1st punk I've knocked out in my life so ride on thru., pads large.,

Rbyrne

Yea I'm bout ride thru, stop acting like u know everything and post ur plays and shut up yea that's right, u taking sd but have no valid reasons ur black and u like to argue u feel entitled like all the dumb nigs in ferguson and bmore

2daBank

I post a play a day? I've always posted plays here. Where yours faggit? Oh that right, u a little no money having bitch..now I know you also stupid since I've given tons a valid reasons for my play while u have dropped the awesome knowledge that "hou is hot", gee thanx u fukkin tard, we all get smarter reading your in depth post.

Rbyrne

Ok we will see, I got the red hot Astros and you got the ice cold Padres with the worthless upton bros hahahah good luck

2daBank

Ok we will see, I got the red hot Astros and you got the ice cold Padres with the worthless upton bros hahahah good luck
    You also have shit for brains and a 13 dollar bankroll.. It just another gm for me, sorry ass life you have.

Rbyrne

Niggaaa get back to work on ur grave yard shift loading that 18 wheeler with boxes for toys r us lmfao ur a joke
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave Rbyrne 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jameski999
    jameski999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4260

It's real early but Cash is straight dealing in 1st 2 innings. 6 up 6 strikeouts

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jameski999 View Post
    It's real early but Cash is straight dealing in 1st 2 innings. 6 up 6 strikeouts
    yea shocking huh? sadly there some pathetic clowns around here that like to troll the cats trying to give out good info,.that the problem with the internet, little pussy bitches feel safe to act a way they never would in person..

12 Last