terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Quick observation..

This season is hilarious.

April 28th 2015 -

The Astros are 12-7, the Mets are 15-5, and the Cubs are 11-7.

The defending WS Champ SF Giants are 8-12 and this HIGHLY TOUTED Washington Nationals team is 7-13.

Philly is 8-12, which is actually about a bit better than I thought they'd be. Congratulations Philly. You're overachieving.

And finally, my Detroit Tigers... 14-6. At least I can reliably count on them to rake through the regular season and then collectively shit themselves in the postseason. Miggy, V-Mart and Verlander. Good thing we signed those MASSIVE extensions on those guys, right? Hahaha it's going to be A-Rod 2.0 in a few years with this fukking team and I pray Mike Illitch lives to see it. Better keep selling those Hot and Ready's to pay these guys.

I remember reading awhile ago (couldn't tell you the article, sorry) that MLB as a whole spends like $600 million on injured players each year. Boy, that's reassuring. Good to know the future is bright.

posey
    posey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1250

May I add my opinion to it?

Astros have a positive record, yes. But first they have talent, second they had a schedule which wasn't too good until now. Angels aren't doing well, Mariners aren't doing well, Athletics seem way worse than in previous seasons and the win at the Padres was a little bit lucky. I watched stretches of the game and especially in the 8th inning when Benoit was pitching for the Padres the umpire called several pitches balls which he had called strikes before.

Mets are 15-5, but they had a very weak schedule thusfar.

Giants had some injury problems, come of their WS title and in 2011 and in 2013 they had some problems as well.

Nationals bats are quite shitty to date, starters having problems and maybe they have been a little bit overrated before the season. Way too much hype surrounding their very good rotation. You know, every pitcher has a slump sooner or later and when 2 of your starters don't do well and your lineup is totally out of it you won't win many games.

All in all there are indeed some surprises but I highly expect it to even out more or less over the course of the season. Baseball is a sport of streaks and the teams which are hot do well, the teams which are cold do bad. The start of the season is only one time of the season and not the whole season.

Don't put too much stock into it.