bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

What team do you refuse to bet on the rest of the year?

The Washington National suck beyond belief! I swear I'll never bet this team again this year.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Actually I was gonna drop a little on 'em tomorrow afternoon for the DUE FACTOR. Figure a day game after a night game, maybe they catch Milwaukee asleep! LoL!

I don't have any teams that I wouldn't consider if the price is right and I haven't been burned by one team in particular enough like Notre Dame and Texas A&M did me in football where I swore them off.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Dan,

Never say "never", as you can usually find some value on even the worst teams in the league a few times each season. Sure the Nats stuck, but they may still be worth a tumble at +300 on the road vs. a top tier team, which may happen soon if they continue to play like this.

Maybe teams "least likely" to bet would be a better way of phrasing it. But even there, it is still too early in the year for me to say that a team is least likely for me to play the rest of the season.

All I could say is that the two teams I am least likely to play RIGHT NOW are Kansas City and Tampa Bay, but remember that this is a fluid situation that could change at a later date.

Now the reason for those teams is twofold. First of all, while I agree that both are improved in some areas over last year, these teams are actually getting a little too much respect IMO, especially at home where they have been favored several times this season. Second and more importantly, I am a huge bullpen guy, and these clubs have the only two pen ERAs over 5.00 at this time. There is nothing worse than seeing a bona fide starter like Meche or Kazmir allow one run in seven innings, and then seeing the bulllpen allow seven runs in two.

Now even here, "least likely" does not mean "never". There may be situations where I may take a shot with either of these teams as a huge dog on the road, especially if one of the two starters I just mentioned is facing say the Yankees or Red Sox, or even the Mets in interleague play.

But as a general answer to your question, these two teams are tied on top (or should i say bottom) of my list.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    The Washington National suck beyond belief! I swear I'll never bet this team again this year.
    Hasn't it seems like they are always one of the teams that get blacklisted?

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

You can't have this perspective when betting BBD you of all people should know that....all teams deserve consideration and present value at different points of the season. As soon as you dismiss a team from your mind the more difficult it will be to make money because you are limiting your options.

Anyway....who cares if teams are good or not. Remember, we are not fans. We only care if teams present value in the money line or if they can cover the spread.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know what your saying LT and double B. However, no matter where you think theres value with with that team it's not worth risking your money on them at all.

Sometimes you just have to disregard the obvious value, because a team is just that bad. I feel that way about the Nats right now, because it almost appears like they go out of there way to lose games.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yuck, I had them +1.5 today, quite frustrating to lose like that.