Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Check in you play High Stakes Fantasy Baseball

What is your favorite fantasy baseball magazine?

and What league do you play in?

i am thinking about doing it. I just need to get my owns the rulebook need to know how its scored and how many players to draft per position.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

What do you consider high stakes?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    What do you consider high stakes?
    $500 entry fee and up

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I play at NFBC.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by TxAaron View Post
    I play at NFBC.
    Which league do you recommend ? i see that they have like 3 different options right?

also i can't seem to find the rules as far as scoring on this site.. I see that you draft 30 players with 23 being active but i don't see like how many to draft per position and how its scored etc... thanks man i think i really may do this.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

another question in this league are you allowed to draft minor league players such as Kris Bryant at the draft before they are called up to the big leagues?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

also how soon before the draft will you know your draft order?

it would sure suck to have a 15 team league and get the 15th overall pick.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

do you even relize how hard it is to win high stakes fantasy?most of these guys playing high stakes are very smart computer science type people and have programs that will draft there teams.its much easier to turn a profit betting sports.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    do you even relize how hard it is to win high stakes fantasy?most of these guys playing high stakes are very smart computer science type people and have programs that will draft there teams.its much easier to turn a profit betting sports.
    i don't know man i am pretty sharp when it comes to MLB. I could name every projected starting 9 and every 5 man starting rotation without looking it up. I feel like i know some guys who are undervalued.

Looking at some of these mock drafts and drafts that have already taken place in 2015 i think i could do much better.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

the auction league sounds a bit confusing though... everyone starts with an imaginary $260 and then you auction for each player?

i don't know about that.. i am not a numbers guy and i feel like i would run out of imaginary money real quick.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

It says All NFBC leagues will use a 5x5 Rotisserie scoring system but i don't see anywhere that breaks down the actual scoring

TxAaron

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    It says All NFBC leagues will use a 5x5 Rotisserie scoring system but i don't see anywhere that breaks down the actual scoring

14. Scoring

All NFBC leagues will use a 5x5 Rotisserie scoring system. Cumulative totals will be used for the following categories:
    • Batting Average
    • Home Runs
    • RBIs
    • Stolen Bases
    • Runs
    • Wins
    • Saves
    • Earned Run Average
    • Strikeouts
    • WHIP Ratio (walks plus hits divided by innings pitched)

Teams are ranked by comparing their team totals to the other teams in their league. The team with the best total in each category receives 15 points and the team with the worst total receives 1 point. Overall points are calculated by ranking your team's statistics totals versus all other teams in the NFBC contest.

TxAaron

Which league do you recommend ? i see that they have like 3 different options right?

also i can't seem to find the rules as far as scoring on this site.. I see that you draft 30 players with 23 being active but i don't see like how many to draft per position and how its scored etc... thanks man i think i really may do this.
    For baseball, I like to do the online championship leagues. Pays league prizes as well as overall. STATS runs a good fantasy league. I run their primetime and main event leagues for football every year at NFFC.

As far as drafting, they use the Kentucky Derby style where you rank what position you want to draft in so its very unlikely that you have to draft in a position that you hate.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by TxAaron View Post
    14. Scoring

All NFBC leagues will use a 5x5 Rotisserie scoring system. Cumulative totals will be used for the following categories:
    • Batting Average
    • Home Runs
    • RBIs
    • Stolen Bases
    • Runs
    • Wins
    • Saves
    • Earned Run Average
    • Strikeouts
    • WHIP Ratio (walks plus hits divided by innings pitched)

Teams are ranked by comparing their team totals to the other teams in their league. The team with the best total in each category receives 15 points and the team with the worst total receives 1 point. Overall points are calculated by ranking your team's statistics totals versus all other teams in the NFBC contest.
    that is unique right? So i guess that is to prevent a team from being so top heavy in one area such as pitching and not having a well rounded team?

B/c like in Fantasy football its like points for TD's yards etc.. and one or 2 player can carry your team on any given week.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

If you have to look up what 5x5 means, you're better off playing low stakes.
    Points Awarded:

mlb gave daneblazer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Sorry
    Last edited by shaunovery; 02-09-15 at 10:37 AM.

TxAaron

that is unique right? So i guess that is to prevent a team from being so top heavy in one area such as pitching and not having a well rounded team?

B/c like in Fantasy football its like points for TD's yards etc.. and one or 2 player can carry your team on any given week.
    You can load up at certain categories and tank at others if you want. The only requirement is that you pitch the min. amount of innings

shaunovery

Sorry can a mod delete that picture please

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

fantasy ages
    14-22

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Daily fantasy baseball GPP tournaments are the most winable to non fantasy experts.

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Do it now

i don't know man i am pretty sharp when it comes to MLB. I could name every projected starting 9 and every 5 man starting rotation without looking it up. I feel like i know some guys who are undervalued.

Looking at some of these mock drafts and drafts that have already taken place in 2015 i think i could do much better.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

and the thing with these fantasy sports is its not like regular fantasy were you can get any guy you want as long as hes on the board these fantasy games you have to budget a certain amount which seriously makes it hard which is why the no name guys are going to play such a huge roll in this.and the big name guys are going to be seriously over priced.its very difficult and in my opinion way more hard then regular sports betting id say 10x harder.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3585

Whats the winning pot

shaunovery

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    and the thing with these fantasy sports is its not like regular fantasy were you can get any guy you want as long as hes on the board these fantasy games you have to budget a certain amount which seriously makes it hard which is why the no name guys are going to play such a huge roll in this.and the big name guys are going to be seriously over priced.its very difficult and in my opinion way more hard then regular sports betting id say 10x harder.
    Finding those cheap options are a gold mine

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

The guys that play high stakes in these leagues. Eat, Sleep and Drink this stuff. Just from the form of your questions in this thread you will get STEAMROLLED here. Don't waste your time or money.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

There was a time where I could name every player on every baseball team ...minus a few obscure relievers...and each teams top 20-30 prospects. Not quite that sick now but not far off

jjgold

post about $500 at a book and play with the big boys

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

okay so i am now leaning towards playing online instead of doing the live draft league in Vegas. The live draft league entry fee is $1600 i found a few online leagues you can enter for $350 ...

is this a good one ? anybody playing in this one???

Rotowire Fantasy Baseball Online Championship

Win $75,000

Draft online in this affordable 12-team national contest and you could win the $75,000 grand prize and a $1,400 league prize.

Enter for $350

packerd_00

Damn how many waiver wire moves do you get.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Damn how many waiver wire moves do you get.
    good question

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

All those big ones are too time consuming - the people entering have a hell of a lot more time than me to research daily starters and injuries, etc.

I like to gamble and hope I can make some side cash or only lose a little bit for entertainment.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

High stakes...lol

Big Bear you can't afford fantasy football with monopoly money. You don't have $20 to buy the board game you big fat hairy sloth.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    High stakes...lol

Big Bear you can't afford fantasy football with monopoly money. You don't have $20 to buy the board game you big fat hairy sloth.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

my strategy is to use my first 9 picks on good hitters.

after that i will try to find value with less expensive less sought after pitchers who i think may be available in late rounds

my sleeper pitchers
    1. Paxton- Mariners
    2. Eovaldi -Yankees
    3.Hudson- Giants
    4. Sanchez-Blue Jays
    5. Colon- Mets
    6. Leake- Reds
    7. Kuechel- Astros
    8. Walker- Mariners
    9. Kazmir- A's
    10. Hendriks- Cubs (i dont see a regression coming. Excellent change-up. He will
    love working with Monterro.
    11. Burnett- Pirates- Good ballpark to pitch in and playing for a competitive team will rejuvenate AJ.
    12. Despaigne- Padres
    13. Archer- Rays
    14.McHugh- Astros
    15. Heaney-Angels
    16. Koehler- Marlins
    17. Greene-Tigers
    18. Ross- Padres
    19. Lincecum- Giants
    20.Verlander-Tigers (yes a sleeper now that everyone thinks he sucks)
    21. Syndergaard-Mets draft him and put him on inactive roster.
    22. Wheeler-Mets
    23. Alvarez-Marlins
    24. Latos-Marlins
    25. Pomeranz- A's
    26. Carrasco- Indians
    27.De La Rosa- Rockies
    28. Wada -Cubs
    29. Bundy- Orioles
    30. Miller-Braves

this is in no particular order... also there are probably some dudes on the Twins worth considering since it is a spacious ball park and hitters hate hitting in cold weather.

packerd_00

Your going to be playing for 75 thousand dollar grand prize,you better be ready to pour in a hell of alot of commitment to that team.

12 Last