Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

How Is AJ Preller Thought Of 8 Months From Now

I give him credit for being aggressive, but this is starting to look similar to when the Marlins signed all of those players the year they opened their stadium. He's traded some good prospects for a one year rental (Upton), an injury prone player (Kemp), and a still unproven player with upside (Myers). Their payroll situation looks good next offseason, with Kemp and Shields being the bulk of the payroll, but this looks like it was an "all in" campaign for this year, which I think could hurt them in the long term. I still see the Padres as a 3rd place team, at best, even with these moves.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

even with all the trades, he kept 3 of the 4 top prospects in the system(Renfroe, Wisler and Hedges).

If nothing else, he has inspired the SD fans and attendance will be WAY up this year.

He is poster tatddy's doppelganger

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I agree that the attendance will be better this year. The question will be whether they will still be showing up in July. I'll be watching. I love hearing Dick Enberg broadcasts.

JAKEPEAVY21

yes they will still be showing up in july....Bud Black has made us competitive with zero offense for years, now with some legit bats i think it will be interesting. Pitching has never been the issue and now it is as strong as ever. Usually by the all star break, the padres are 20+ games back and then go on fire in the 2nd half. This year they should avoid burying themselves early.

Preller already has rock star status in SD.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I agree that the attendance will be better this year. The question will be whether they will still be showing up in July. I'll be watching. I love hearing Dick Enberg broadcasts.
    Interesting. I don't listen to many Padres broadcasts but the few I've heard the past few years have been laughable. 84 year old Jerry Coleman has a better idea of what was going on. And Coleman, while an absolute legend, had more than his fair share of misjudgings.

Used to love Jerry though. "There's a high towering drive to RIGHT FIEEELLLDDDD.....and McGriff circles under it and has it in foul territory. "And that ball is popped up to left and it's GOING GOING GONE"

tatddy

PS Jaker I get like 40 texts a day from this group mass text of friends from San Diego. I know all about how exciting things are out there. Time for you to move back from Vegas.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Interesting. I don't listen to many Padres broadcasts but the few I've heard the past few years have been laughable. 84 year old Jerry Coleman has a better idea of what was going on. And Coleman, while an absolute legend, had more than his fair share of misjudgings.

Used to love Jerry though. "There's a high towering drive to RIGHT FIEEELLLDDDD.....and McGriff circles under it and has it in foul territory. "And that ball is popped up to left and it's GOING GOING GONE"
    doesn't sound like you know that he Jerry died last year...RIP

What about "Oh Doctor, you can hang a star on that one baby!!"
    PS Jaker I get like 40 texts a day from this group mass text of friends from San Diego. I know all about how exciting things are out there. Time for you to move back from Vegas.
    I'll be back in SoCal eventually

tatddy

Of cours I know he died. Can still admire and make fun of him posthumously

JAKEPEAVY21

about 10-15 years ago, some buddies of mine all rented rooms in this big La Jolla house...after some time, they were told that the house was sold and they had a couple of months to move out. The buyer? Dick Enberg

JAKEPEAVY21

Of cours I know he died. Can still admire and make fun of him posthumously
    Keith Olberman had a very nice story about him on his show after Coleman died..

not the same listening without jerry but I've always liked ted Leitner...many disagree with me on that