Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

(May 7) Monday's Front Page Plays

Cash with Cards vs Rockies

Game Time: 5/7/2007 8:10:00 PM -
    By: Marc Lawrence
    http://www.playbook.com

It's been a rough start for the defending champs, but the St. Louis Cardinals look to finally be getting things together. Play the Cards at home tonight vs the Rockies.

The defending World Champs send Anthony Reyes up against Jeff Francis and the Rockies in Game 1 of this series in St. Louis.

Both of these teams are struggling in the early going of the 2007 season. But St. Louis is showing signs of pulling out of their funk and will have a sea of red cheering them at home. Colorado is just 1-4 so far on Monday and 89-144 since 1997 as a road dog in the +100 to +125 range.

With Reyes in fine current form and 0-5 in his team starts this season, and Francis in struggling current form, look for Reyes to enter the win column here tonight.

Play: Cardinals -125

Willie Bee

St. Louis and Colorado Over 9

By: Lenny Del Genio
    http://www.procappers.com

This pitching matchup comes up Over. Play the Rockies, Cardinals matchup tonight in St. Louis to go over the posted total.

The Cardinals have one of the worst home records in the majors but are starting to get things turned around at Busch Stadium. Meanwhile, the Rockies have been struggling away from Coors Field all season, but are coming off their best road series of the season.

The Cardinals and Rockies both look to carry the momentum from their latest series into Monday night when they open a three-game set in St. Louis. St. Louis defeated Houston 3-1 on Sunday to take two of three over the Astros and win a second straight home series. The defending World Series champions, who had the NL's second-best home record last season at 49-31, have the second-worst home record in the majors at 5-10 this season. St. Louis dominated the Rockies at Busch last season, winning five of six.

Colorado has the second-worst road record in the NL at 7-11, but took two of three at Cincinnati over the weekend for its first road series win of 2007. With both teams on the "up-tick" and with this pitching matchup, I'm playing the game to go over. Jeff Francis of the Rockies has allowed 40 hits and 21 ER in his last four starts (over 23.2 innings) for an ERA of 7.99. Anthony Reyes of the Cards is 0-5 in five starts this year with a 5.46 ERA. Take the Over.

Play: Rockies-Cardinals Over 9

Willie Bee

Go with Dodgers (-120) at Marlins

Game Time: 5/7/2007 7:00:00 PM -
    By: Jimmy the Moose

The Dodgers are 10-4 away from home recently. Lay it on Los Angeles this evening when they take on the Marlins in Florida.

The Dodgers have won 10 of their last 14 road games. Los Angeles is a 15-7 in their last 22 games as the favorite.

Brad Penny takes the mound tonight with a 3-0 record and 1.64 ERA. The Dodgers have won five of his six starts this season.

Ricky Nolasco makes just his second start of the season for Florida. The Marlins are 1-4 in his last five games when in the role of the underdog. The Marlins have lost five of the last six meetings with the Dodgers.

Play: Dodgers -120
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-21-15 at 03:03 PM. Reason: link does not work

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    St. Louis and Colorado Over 9

By: Lenny Del Genio
    http://www.procappers.com

This pitching matchup comes up Over. Play the Rockies, Cardinals matchup tonight in St. Louis to go over the posted total.

The Cardinals have one of the worst home records in the majors but are starting to get things turned around at Busch Stadium. Meanwhile, the Rockies have been struggling away from Coors Field all season, but are coming off their best road series of the season.

The Cardinals and Rockies both look to carry the momentum from their latest series into Monday night when they open a three-game set in St. Louis. St. Louis defeated Houston 3-1 on Sunday to take two of three over the Astros and win a second straight home series. The defending World Series champions, who had the NL's second-best home record last season at 49-31, have the second-worst home record in the majors at 5-10 this season. St. Louis dominated the Rockies at Busch last season, winning five of six.

Colorado has the second-worst road record in the NL at 7-11, but took two of three at Cincinnati over the weekend for its first road series win of 2007. With both teams on the "up-tick" and with this pitching matchup, I'm playing the game to go over. Jeff Francis of the Rockies has allowed 40 hits and 21 ER in his last four starts (over 23.2 innings) for an ERA of 7.99. Anthony Reyes of the Cards is 0-5 in five starts this year with a 5.46 ERA. Take the Over.

Play: Rockies-Cardinals Over 9
    Believe it or not I disagree with this play Mr.Del Genio. I do like the under in this game.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Believe it or not I disagree with this play Mr.Del Genio. I do like the under in this game.
    I played under as well Dan. I like both pitchers a lot, and believe both are better than they have started, and both these offenses are poor to say the least.

forty40
    forty40's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I played under as well Dan. I like both pitchers a lot, and believe both are better than they have started, and both these offenses are poor to say the least.
    i think the over/under in this ones a toss up, both teams have line ups whos bats can come alive at any moment...but i do agree that both pitchers are not pitching to potential to start the, i think they both want this one pretty bad. I probably wont play it, but if i had to i would take the under; but at Coors, it might be a different story...

good luck to who ever plays it!