tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

BONDSWATCH - 5th May 2007

1 at bat, 1 home run for Barry. I think he's now out homer-ing A-Rod as a % of at bats. And he should have the highest OBP in the major league by now.

Anyone going to argue against him being the NL MVP this year?

SAN FRANCISCO -- Barry Bonds slugged his 744th career home run to tie the score in the second inning of Saturday afternoon's game against the Phillies.

The solo shot to center field to open the frame came on the first pitch Bonds saw from Phillies right-hander Jon Lieber. It was Bonds' fifth home run off Lieber and his 10th of the season.

Bonds now needs 11 homers to tie all-time leader Hank Aaron, but the tater did bring Bonds even with another Aaron record. The left fielder is now tied with Aaron and Babe Ruth on the all-time runs scored list, with 2,174.

Bonds, who almost didn't play in the afternoon game following Friday's night game, has nine homers in his last 19 games. His last homer was a two-run shot off Colorado's Jeff Francis on Wednesday.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Note to BGD - why not try and formulate a reply consisting of neither "booooo" nor "roids"?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Thanks tacomax. I look forward to the Bond Watches.

I'm sure Dan does to.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Love it.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax View Post
    Note to BGD - why not try and formulate a reply consisting of neither "booooo" nor "roids"?
    Ok Taco, He cheated to get all those home runs then.

That better