VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet of the year in MLB?

All the books have Wandy Rodriguez going against the Reds, and the line is Astros -112.

According to Yahoo, MLB.com, and the Astros' team page, it is Roy Oswalt going tomorrow.

The same Roy Oswalt that is 17 - 1 lifetime against the Reds.

The Oswalt that is slightly better than Wandy Rodriguez.

Huge steal as an action play before they fix this??

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Action play won't benefit you. If you bet Astros with Action and there is pitching change to Oswalt, you will get REVISED line.

snail8029
    snail8029's Avatar Become A Pro!

So if I lay at -110 on the Astros and uncheck the W. Rodriguez must pitch box, I won't get that -110 when Oswalt goes and might get stuck with a -200 or something?

LT Profits

snail,

Correct, your bet would default to the new opening line. This is standard practice at every book and should be covered in their baseball rules.

I should add that your RISK remains the same, and that only the odds change. So if you layed 110 to win 100 and new opener after pitching change is -200 for example, you are now laying 110 to win 55, NOT 200 to win 100.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 05-02-07 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Second paragraph

snail8029

Then what's the point of having the option to bet regardless of who is starting?

I understand why they do it that way, I was just itching to take the Astros at home w/ Oswalt at -110. But I don't want to lock into it if it's going to magically switch my bet to -200 or worse when they figure out Oswalt is starting.

snail8029

thanks, by the way, I was about to bet a ton on that line

LT Profits

Point of Action is that guys may want, well, action, regardless of who pitches, and don't want to have to worry about re-placing bets after a pitching change.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    All the books have Wandy Rodriguez going against the Reds, and the line is Astros -112.

According to Yahoo, MLB.com, and the Astros' team page, it is Roy Oswalt going tomorrow.

The same Roy Oswalt that is 17 - 1 lifetime against the Reds.

The Oswalt that is slightly better than Wandy Rodriguez.

Huge steal as an action play before they fix this??
    ZOMG YOUR A GENIUZ!

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i think the bet of the year was marlins the other night against chan ho park

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Houston is the way to play this game. However I can't lay that type of wood with a team that is losing like they have been.

GL to you sir

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I'm with you on this, Dan. Wouldn't bet the Astros regardless of who's on the mound or what the price is rigt now.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Thanks for the info LT; thought if it was bet action they would still respect the line you had. Learn something new everyday

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Would this rule still apply if you bet the Astros and picked Kyle Lohse must pitch (instead of just action)?

LT Profits

Yes, rule applies as long as you choose Action for at least one team. If you only select one pitcher, that is same as selecting Action on the opposing team. So in your case, yes you get a refund if Lohse does not start, but if Lohse does start, you would still get revised line if there is a pitching change for Houston.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

So basically you never want to take action, because it either won't matter or you will get a line you have no idea about. Practically, you'll never get a "crazy" line, but you're still locked into accepting whatever line gets posted with the replacement starter.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Thanks for the info guys, good to know for the future.

'Stros win 3 - 1 :-D

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

The only time I can think to bet Action is if you are going to the ballpark and want to make sure you have a bet on the game regardless of any possible pitching changes.