Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Phillies at Braves (May 01)

Play Philly in Atlanta

Game Time: 5/1/2007 7:30:00 PM -
    By: Dennis Macklin
    http://www.procappers.com

After dropping last night's game on a walk-off clout, look for the Phillies to get back on the winning track this evening in Atlanta against the Braves.

Tonight should be the night that the Phils turn around 0-3 and 2-6 skids against the Atlanta Braves and southpaws.

Cole Hamels toes the rubber for the visitors and he's been super on the road with a 1.80 ERA and impressive 22/5 strikeout-to-walk ratio. In his last road outing he snuffed out the Reds allowing just five hits in complete game victory while striking out 15.

Atlanta's Mark Redman has been throwing batting practice. The Braves lefty owns 10.13 ERA with 1.815 whip allowing 21 earned on 29 hits in just 18+ innings work. Philadelphia has struggled against southpaws hitting a full 43 points less than against righties. If they're going to get healthy, it would likely be tonight. Take Philadelphia.

Play: Phillies -130

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Put it on Phils at Braves

Game Time: 5/1/2007 7:30:00 PM -
    By: Brad Diamond
    http://www.playbook.com

The road chalk is the way to play this one. Hang it on Cole Hamels and the Phillies tonight when they battle the Braves at Turner Field in Atlanta.

Seemingly on the road with Cole Hamels on the mound for them, Philadelphia gets out quick on their opponents. With the lefty losing last time as a huge favorite against the hideous Nationals, I fully expect a major reversal in this critical game #2 of the series.

Going into Monday night the Phillies have won six of eight in Atlanta. Plus, the Phillies with Hamels as chalk are seven of eight (4-0 as a road favorite). Atlanta is 4-11 as a home underdog of late.

Play: Phillies -130

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll take my chances with the Braves in this game at the nice price.

Hamels hasn't really impressed me this year, and the Phillies just can't beat the Braves this year. Not to mention that heartbreaker loss they endured last night.