Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Matt Fargo: Win with Webb & D-Backs in LA

Win with Webb & D-Backs in LA

Game Time: 4/30/2007 10:10:00 PM -
    By: Matt Fargo
    http://www.procappers.com

Arizona has the edge with starter Brandon Webb plus a better-rested bullpen. Side with the Snakes tonight in Los Angeles against the Dodgers.

Arizona is back to winning easy after a horrible slump. The Diamondbacks have won five straight after losing seven of their previous eight games and are now just a half-game out of first place in the National League West.

The Dodgers, meanwhile, took two of three in San Diego over the weekend following a 17-inning win on Sunday. That victory was nice but could be costly as the bullpen put in a lot of innings, and if needed on Monday will be a definite advantage for the Diamondbacks.

Brandon Webb, Arizona's starter, was an underdog in this game for about a second and quickly moved to a favorite but a very short one and one that is well within the value price range. Webb is putting together another very solid season as he has allowed two runs or less in three of his five starts while going at least seven innings in four of his five outings. He had a rough outing in Colorado to start the season but has been pretty solid since. In his past two outings, Webb has allowed three earned runs over 16 innings while striking out 19 and walking just three.

The Dodgers counter with Randy Wolf who has been a pleasant surprise to the rotation. He put together three consecutive quality starts after his opening dud in Milwaukee before getting hit hard by the Giants last time out. The long ball has been an issue throughout his career and it continues to plague him this season as he has allowed five home runs in five starts increasing his lifetime ratio to 0.83 per start. He hasn’t lost to the Diamondbacks in five straight starts but he has faced them only once in the last three years.

Webb has allowed a hefty number of baserunners this season, something that is uncharacteristic. However, it does set up a very solid situation for the Diamondbacks. Play on any National League team with a team batting average that is below .245 and is starting a pitcher that allows seven or more hits per outing. This situation is 43-20 against the moneyline over the last five seasons with the average run differential being +1 rpg. It’s already 4-1 this season and gets added to on Monday. Play Arizona for one unit.

Play: Diamondbacks -110

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under in this game myself a little bit better than I do the side. The problem I have with playing this one is, because of that marathon the Dodgers played in yesterday. The LA pen has gotta be on fumes right now. Needless to say I'll have to pass on this game.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

BBD,

no quesiton after 17 innings yesterday, the Dodgers are looking for their starter to go deep into the game today. Tempted to play Webb and Arizona.

Doc JS

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

at that price i dont know how i CANT play webb.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I'm leaning towards the D'Backs as well.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

like this play

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I guess I'll have a dissenting vote on this one. Dodgers at even money is worth a shot in my opinion.

E