Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Phils at Braves: Opposing Views

Play Philly (+145) in Atlanta

Game Time: 4/30/2007 7:00:00 PM -
    By: Marc Lawrence
    http://www.playbook.com

Jon Lieber has been a Braves killer in Atlanta recently. Play Philadelphia tonight with Lieber on the mound when the Phils travel to Georgia to meet the Braves.

Phillies starter Jon Lieber has solid form history against the Braves and is 3-0 with a 2.66 ERA in his last three starts in Atlanta.

Philadelphia has slowly started to turn things around following a rough start to the 2007 season. Lieber was moved from the bullpen to the rotation almost two weeks ago and has responded with a couple of strong starts, allowing just two runs in nearly 12 innings while striking out 10 and walking just one. He has fared pretty well in his career versus Chipper Jones, Andruw Jones and Jeff Francoeur, limiting Atlanta's big bats to a .224 average.

Look for more of the same here from Lieber this evening.

Play: Phillies +145

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Back Braves (-160) vs Phillies

Game Time: 4/30/2007 7:00:00 PM -
    By: Lenny Del Genio
    http://www.procappers.com

Tim Hudson and the Atlanta Braves are the play this evening as home favorites in Turner Field against Jon Lieber and the Philadelphia Phillies.

After their astounding run of 14 straight division titles came to an end last season, the Atlanta Braves set an early tone in the NL East by opening this season with a sweep over the Philadelphia Phillies.

The Braves look to continue their strong start when they open a 10-game homestand with a three-game series against the resurgent Phillies on Monday night. Atlanta (15-9) is a half-game behind the first-place New York Mets in the National League East, after going 10-14 last April en route to missing the playoffs for the first time since 1990. Philadelphia (11-13) is four games behind the Braves, but has won seven of its last nine games after an awful start. Atlanta held the Phillies to just nine runs in its three-game sweep at Philadelphia to start the season, winning twice in extra innings.

Tim Hudson goes for the Braves and, after coming off a poor 2006 in which he posted a career-high 4.86 ERA plus only a 13-12 record, he's opened this year with a 3-0 mark in five starts (team is 4-1) with a 1.22 ERA. Jon Lieber was a 20-game winner for the Cubs back in 2001 but is off a 2006 season with the Phillies in which he went 9-11 with a 4.93 in 27 starts (team was 12-15). After starting the season in the bullpen, Lieber has allowed just two runs, six hits and one walk in 11-2/3 innings in his two starts. However, I'm not willing to buck Hudson the way he's pitching these days. Take the Braves.

Play: Braves -160

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Phillies in this game.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

if i do anything its going to be braves RL.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Lieber has been tough on the Braves.

Hudson has been very good so far this year.

Wickman has blown last two save opportunities (Florida/Colorado).

I think there is some value in playing Philly, but I'll probably pass on this game myself.

Doc JS

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I thought my book was really f'n with me when I called in and got a price of +133, but I guess the line did plummet. Will be interesting to see how Hudson deals with things mentally out there after the Hancock death yesterday.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    Will be interesting to see how Hudson deals with things mentally out there after the Hancock death yesterday.
    No hitting the Phils out there. Pitching extremely well, guess he was able to handle the death of both his college roommate and his grandmother pretty well.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

woooo walk off covers the RL.