Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Al McMordie: Mariners to sail vs Royals

Mariners to sail vs Royals

Game Time: 4/27/2007 10:00:00 PM -
    By: Al McMordie
    http://www.bigal.com

A pair of relatively unknown left-handers meet tonight at Safeco in Seattle. Make Horacio Ramirez and the home Mariners the play against Jorge de la Rosa and the Royals.

Our Friday night MLB selection is on the Seattle Mariners over the Kansas City Royals.

Although Seattle climbed to within a game of .500 with a win at Oakland on Thursday, its third victory in a row, most people would have to agree that the Mariners' season has been a big disapointment so far. But nothing cures those slow-start ills like the Royals coming into town for a 3-game weekend series.

In this battle of relatively unknown lefties, Seattle's Horacio Ramirez will face Kansas City's Jorge De La Rosa. Neither pitcher is familiar with the other team as Ramirez has never faced the Royals, and likewise for De La Rosa and the Mariners.

But Ramirez has won his only home start for Seattle back on April 15 while De La Rosa's team has lost his last three road starts (and four out his last five). KC is only batting .236 vs. lefties and has lost 12 of its last 17 games on grass. The Royals also have an abysmal record in Seattle, having lost 10 of their last 13 games.

Between them, the two teams have 11 players on the DL and 10 of those are pitchers. KC is in the worst shape, having six of its hurlers out of commission right now. Take Seattle.

Play: Mariners -130

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I actually like the Royals tonight over the Mariners. So I hope your wrong Al.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would bet the under if anything. Both teams struggle with lefties, and I don't think either lineup is equipped to score a bunch of runs here.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with your play Mr.Al.

sikntwiztid
    sikntwiztid's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like the royals tonight

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I'm with onlooker and sikntwiztid.

Go Royals.