opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    A good throw and he's out but feel like testing the arm was the right call in that situation
    Do what?

Well....considering Brandon Crawford is a Major League shortstop, I would assume his arm is capable of making an accurate throw home from his position.

These guys are acting like this is the same as their Sunday Slow Pitch league. Gordon would be out at home 100 times out of 100 on this play.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

50% chance at least he would of been safe

had to be good throw also

I agree bad move

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

He would have been safe if the coach didn't have him slow down on his way to third

Crawford did not have possession of the ball by the time Gordon got to third

If Gordon ran all the way through there had to be an 80% he is safe either by the throw not making it in time, a fumble/drop by Posey, an inaccurate throw, or a missed tag

Regardless of what would of happened, it would have been a more exciting finisher than fat Perez popping up to fat Sandavol

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    50% chance at least he would of been safe

had to be good throw also

I agree bad move
    You are a complete goddam dumbfukk if you truly believe this.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22133

Which would you rather have. Someone getting a hit off a pitcher that is giving up air, or have someone make a perfect throw to home, the catcher getting it without a hitch and tag the runner out Without blocking the plate (new rule)?

I know my choice. If the coach is waving him in as soon as the ball gets away from the left fielder good luck to SF.

opie1988

I'm going to say it one last time....

Anyone who thinks Gordon could've scored from 3rd on that play......HAS ZERO FUKKIN CLUE ABOUT BASEBALL.

That's indisputable.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold

Opie ?????

your the authority?? A guy that takes 17 seconds to get to 1st base??

Anything could of happened at the plate as it was well worth the risk

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22133

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

Anyone who thinks Gordon could've scored from 3rd on that play......HAS ZERO FUKKIN CLUE ABOUT BASEBALL.

That's indisputable.
    You know ZERO my friend. Look at the video, the ball is in the outfield when he is rounding second. If a runner is on second and a simple hit to the outfield will score him, then this is the same or a better chance. And there was next to ZERO chance that the run would score from 3rd with 2 out against Bumgarner.

Spedizzo

That's indisputable.
    Guys get home from third on ground balls to the infield. Gordon was at third before Crawford had possession

And Gordon wouldn't have a shot at all?

The chances of the throw making it on time, no error occuring on the throw/catch, Posey making the tag, the plate not being blocked, etc, etc, etc are all in favor of Gordon scoring

The only thing that reduced his chances was the third base coach having him slow down as he approached third

If he went full speed he would have been safe 99%

It was an in the park homerun due to the errors on the play from the Giants outfield. I thought he would have been at home standing up after they fumbled the ball back by the wall

opie1988

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    Unbelievable. Already 2 outs. Should have just went for it.
    It should be the KC hitting coach to get the AXE, after seeing them constantly swinging at pitches way too high and well out of the zone. Didn't just happen last night either.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Only way it's close is if he busts it out of the box. As it happened, if he's waved he's toast
    Exactly. If he didn't lollygag after hitting the ball and picked up the third base coach the whole time instead of taking looks at the play, he would have scored. There's a few reasons for a third base coach to be out there. It's stuff that's taught in Little League that he didn't do.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Exactly. If he didn't lollygag after hitting the ball and picked up the third base coach the whole time instead of staring at the play, he would have scored. There's a few reasons for a third base coach to be out there.
    Thank you. The third base coach wasn't telling Gordon to slow down. Gordon was turning around instead of running hard into 3rd and picking up his coach. Everything happens in front of the 3rd base coach. He is in the absolute best spot to assess whether Gordon has a shot at scoring. These guys time everything, speed of the pitcher to the mound, speed of a player to steal, I'm sure he knew that the play was FUBAR from the jump and they were lucky that Gordon got to third on a routine single. Had he ran into the last out of the World Series by 15 feet, everyone would be hollering at how they took the bat out of a guy's hands that was hitting .345 in the series when the tying run is 90 feet away. Royals got outplayed. Sandoval, Pence, and Mad Bum showed up in the clutch.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

That's indisputable.
    Ive watched baseball my whole life. He shudda been flying. The fans were making thunder and all the pressure on the sf players being keystone cops. 1-1. Inside the park homer and kc goes on to win 2-1 in 10 innings.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

I would've hosed him at home I'm sure Crawford would've easily as well

opie1988

You know....on 2nd thought....I think you guys are right.

I mean, think about it, you see inside-the-park-homeruns ALL THE FUKKIN TIME in MLB. Its normal. What are the chances some scrub like Crawford could complete a throw to some schlub like Posey all the way from deep in the hole? Not like the Giants would've had anyone backing up the play. Clearly, the Royals 3rd base coach is a fukkin no-baseball-knowledge fukkhead.

I coach 3rd on my kids travel softball team...and we score on plays like this all the time. I see no difference.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

holy shit. did u morons even watch the replay?

the cutoff man got the ball and was beginning to throw home even before the runner arrived at 3b! it wasn't like he was dogging it either, he was running full speed until he got to 3b then put on the brakes.

and if you think a major league ss cant throw 120 feet home to nail a slow runner, you're a moron.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Guys get home from third on ground balls to the infield. Gordon was at third before Crawford had possession

And Gordon wouldn't have a shot at all?

The chances of the throw making it on time, no error occuring on the throw/catch, Posey making the tag, the plate not being blocked, etc, etc, etc are all in favor of Gordon scoring

The only thing that reduced his chances was the third base coach having him slow down as he approached third

If he went full speed he would have been safe 99%

It was an in the park homerun due to the errors on the play from the Giants outfield. I thought he would have been at home standing up after they fumbled the ball back by the wall
    Dude he ran 3 bases you cannot compare someone coming home from 3rd to this situation.
    He was out of gas by the time he got to 3rd, not to mention he had slowed down and looking at the outfield when he was running from 2nd to 3rd. If he goes he was out, now if he had busted from the gate it would have been a different story but then again you can't blame him because everyone thought it was either going to be caught or at the most be a single so you can't expect him to be running hard thinking this has a chance for a triple or an inside the parker.

Spedizzo

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    now if he had busted from the gate it would have been a different story but then again you can't blame him because everyone thought it was either going to be caught or at the most be a single
    I don't know, World Series, 2 outs, I don't care if it's a routine ground out, you have to come out guns blazing if the ball is in play

All we can do is speculate at this point, you are probably right, he most likely would have been out

It's just what was at stake that makes you wonder, and the situation of the moment could have caused a bad throw home, you never know?

Banking on Bumgarner allowing another single or wild pitch with 2 outs in the bottom of the world series is tough

Ronald S.
    Ronald S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Was he even running hard rounding 2nd?? He looked like he was coasting

jjgold

To throw somebody out at the plate it has to be a very good throw regardless of any other factor

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Gordon didn't bust it out the box if he did he scores ....cant blame him though who saw that coming such a bad read then fumbling the ball around...like out of a movie.
    this

Gordon should be catching flack for this.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    this

Gordon should be catching flack for this.
    Would he have drilled Posey is the question?

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Would he have drilled Posey is the question?
    Safe or out

It would have been a great play. One for the ages.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Safe or out

It would have been a great play. One for the ages.
    Here's the best video of him "jogging" out of the box.

http://deadspin.com/no-alex-gordon-c...yed-1652625998
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Bottomline: KC will wait another 40yrs or whatever

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

I send him 100% there. You have less than a 30% chance to get the run in from 3rd with 2 outs vs Bumgarner (probably closer to 25%) and I'm sure he had a better than 30% chance to score on that play. Bottom line is it was a no brainer to send him.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

cant believe there are idiots who think he woulda scored still.

watch the replay again. this time stop the video at around 10 seconds just before runner steps on 3b. see the guy to the right with his arm over his head? thats the cutoff man who is in the process of throwing to home plate.

so u morons think a runner who hadnt even reached 3b yet wouldve beat the throw home when it wouldve taken him 4-5 sec (taking into account he just ran 90 yards) when the ball wouldve got there in 1.5 sec?

face it, only way he woulda scored is if the throw went into the dugout or he bo jackson'd the catcher and jarred the ball loose.

jayson311
    jayson311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

The idea you idiots somehow feel better about losing your lunch money by thinking there was a running error is true degen status. HE was deader than a door nail if he went home. Fire the 3rd base coach? Yoast and the royals were out of their league and you witnessed history from bum, don't let your 5$par ruin that. Bum walked those aggressive hitters up the ladder. IF the don't swing he changes tactics, he owned them for multiple innings. Giants better team, Royal almost got another lucky bounce but didn't get enough, Gordon was almost completely gassed by third base, he would of did a 90 foot stumble to a no slide standing tag at home and guess what, still we should fire the 3rd base coach, right?

lupe
    lupe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

if the throw is 10 feet either way of home plate, he scores. Thats a 100+ ft throw, I think 70% chance he throws him out, so 30% chance of scoring.

Odds of getting hit off Baumgardner about 10% in that situation with a bad leg from beanball.

30% > 10%, should have sent him.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Banking on Bumgarner allowing another single or wild pitch with 2 outs in the bottom of the world series is tough

Exactly. They had a higher chance of scoring instead of hoping bumgarner would give up another hit. He should have been waving by the time Gordon was half way to 3rd. Royals had been swinging at high garbage all game. Surely the coaches must have known the better idea would have been to go for it.

3rd base coach was completely at fault on that one
    Last edited by BigBusiness; 10-30-14 at 01:12 PM.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

We could all understand if there was only 1 out. Just pop fly it.

but with 2 outs, that was just idiotic.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by lupe View Post
    if the throw is 10 feet either way of home plate, he scores. Thats a 100+ ft throw, I think 70% chance he throws him out, so 30% chance of scoring.

Certainly you motherfukkers are just trolling me, right? Certainly you're not this goddam stupid!! Right??

You honestly think a MLB shortstop misses that throw home by 10 ft 30% of the time?? Really?? Have you ever watched a fukking game? They don't miss it by 10 ft ONE PERCENT OF THE TIME!!!! These are the greatest baseball players in the world. Period. That out is made at home 100 times out of 100.

If y'all aren't trolling in here....then this is the single biggest collection of stupid motherfukkers in the history of any thread on SBR.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

This is blowing my mind how many people in here actually think they shoulda sent him

First 123 Last