rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

rjt MLB plays April 24 (YTD 26-19-3)

Yesterday: 2-1 -.35 units
    YTD: 26-19-3 +6.50 units

1* Padres/D'Backs under 9 -115: I expect Randy Johnson to pitch much better now that he is back in the NL. Johnson is 14-3 with a 2.03 ERA in his career against SD. Brian Giles and Mike Cameron, arguably the Pads second and third best hitters, are batting .074 and .080 respectively in their career vs. Johnson. David Wells is coming off a strong performance against the D’Backs, and Arizona has had difficulty scoring runs lately, as Orlando Hudson has been their only reliable hitter this year.

1* Yankees -127: I think NY ends their losing streak here. They get their best pitcher back for this game, and their offense will continue to hit, especially now that Matsui is back. Kazmir has been shaky so far this year and has had control issues. I think he gets hit hard against a Yankee team that owns lefthanded pitching.

1* Tigers/Angels over 7.5 -110: I don’t think a Bonderman/Escobar matchup warrants a 7.5 run total. Bonderman has been terrific, but he has historically been far less effective away from pitcher-friendly Comerica Park. Escobar is solid, but he is very hittable, and the Tigers (except Sheffield) have been swinging the bat well lately. The Angels offense has also picked up recently after a poor start.

1* Rangers -112: As BuddyBear said, Washburn is all done. He is nowhere near the pitcher he was a few years back in Anaheim. I think Vicente Padilla is better than he has shown thus far, and Teixeria and Michael Young should finally start hitting against a mediocre lefty.

1* Rockies +???: Hoping to get a better price on COL tomorrow. Aaron Cook is a respectable starter, and has done a nice job since joining the Rockies rotation. El Duque has been solid, but he is always just one pitch away from a meltdown, as evidenced by his outing against Washington two weeks ago. He is also vulnerable to allowing a big inning, especially now that he’s 87 years old. I'll take my chances with the Rockies as the huge road dog.

Halo
    Halo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    1* Tigers/Angels over 7.5 -110: I don’t think a Bonderman/Escobar matchup warrants a 7.5 run total. Bonderman has been terrific, but he has historically been far less effective away from pitcher-friendly Comerica Park. Escobar is solid, but he is very hittable, and the Tigers (except Sheffield) have been swinging the bat well lately. The Angels offense has also picked up recently after a poor start.
    I like that move. Even if Bonderman pitches a good game, when the relief comes in points will be put on the board. Just look at every game he pitched this year. Not to mention Angels have been shooting out the lights recently.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I like your Rangers play.

Good luck tomorrow.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually like the M's in that game guys.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took the Rangers as well.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

like all your plays, but can't make a bet on colorado

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck man. I'm personally on the under in the LAA game, but I am thinking about playing the Rockies as well.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Didn't play the Rockies today but, as a hunch, I think you may be on to something. I'll be sitting this one out but I'll be an interested spectator.

E

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    1* Rockies +???: Hoping to get a better price on COL tomorrow. Aaron Cook is a respectable starter, and has done a nice job since joining the Rockies rotation. El Duque has been solid, but he is always just one pitch away from a meltdown, as evidenced by his outing against Washington two weeks ago. He is also vulnerable to allowing a big inning, especially now that he’s 87 years old. I'll take my chances with the Rockies as the huge road dog.
    Playing the Rocks at +180. 1 unit.

GL everyone.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

I went along small with you on the Rockies rjt . . . good luck tonight.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL RJT, but I disagree on the SD/Arizona under. Wells is always vulnerable, and Johnson, who knows what will happen with him. But SD's offense is productive, especially on the road, especially in more hitter-friendly parks. And if Wells is not on, Arizona's lineup will easily be able to take advantage. I like the over in this one quite a bit.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

I can actually see RJ having a good season. Take him away from the Yankees where he was treated with derision, you might actually see him performing pretty well despite his age. Having said that, if he can't perform this season then that should really be the end of him.

rjt721

Agreed. He still throws in the low to mid 90s and when he can get his slider over, it is still an effective pitch, particularly against LH hitters. Also, pitching in the NL West is not nearly as difficult as pitching in the AL East.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Rockies in the 12th . . .

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Well you know what I said about Randy...