bluetooth3
    bluetooth3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Baltimore vs Kansas City Game 1

I firmly believe that both of these divisional series's will go back to pitching and low scoring games. This is a Kansas City team that has scored 24 runs in the postseason and the Orioles who have scored 21 good for the 1 and 2 in runs scored and top two teams hitting for average who are still remaining. So why only a line of 7? James Shields has been solid all year long and was great against the A's. Tillman battled through 5 tough innings against the Tigers line up but wont face anything like the Tigers line up.

Both teams have been SOLID and the BIG 3 for the Royals will be super tough to score against and I would even go so far to call them a BIG 5 with the addition of Finnegan and Duffy out of the pen. They have the edge in nearly every at bat as I would take any rightie against Jones or Cruz when the arms are coming 98+ and that isnt taking anything away from Jones or Cruz, I just feel pitching will win in the divisional series's. The Orioles bullpen has also rose to the occasion and ANDREW MILLER will be the key to getting to the World Series. That man is filthy and he will not have any trouble getting out lefties or righties.

Runs will have to be scored early as we have both teams that can put up 0's late in the game. With the total being set at 7 and +money on the U, combined with 91% on the over, I love the under here. I fully expect Shields to live up to the big game stage and Tillman to go 5 or 6 solid and turn it over to the pen. Expect a 3-1 or 3-2 game, not sure who wins but I do expect the runs to be at a premium. Supposed to be raining tomorrow night in Baltimore and temps in the 40's mixed with a 70% chance of rain, got to love the UNDER even more!

Best of luck!
    Last edited by bluetooth3; 10-09-14 at 11:52 PM. Reason: the over bets keep coming in!

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

take the over...and balt
    Points Awarded:

matt1216 gave drfunkmaster 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Shields has been very overated in these playoffs.

TheKLB
    TheKLB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Statistics aside, I have a gut feeling it'll be Over. Kind of leaning O's

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Bluey...think the total about right...only draw to the Under for me is near plus $.
    Love the Under in StL.
    If I do play a total it will be Royals TT (U 3.5)

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Torn between Bal ML and KC +1

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

INFO ONLY: Tillman @ home 5-5 2.34, away 8-1. Shields @ home 4-6 3.51 AWAY 10-2 ERA 2.97. If it means anything to anybody. Also, Baltimore led the majors in home runs and was last in stolen bases. KC was last in home runs and first in stolen bases. BOL to all, think it is a coin toss. Personally, I don't think either of the pitchers is of the shut down variety, just got decent teams hot at the right time. No Cy Young pitchers here, in my humble opinion.

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    INFO ONLY: Tillman @ home 5-5 2.34, away 8-1. Shields @ home 4-6 3.51 AWAY 10-2 ERA 2.97. If it means anything to anybody. Also, Baltimore led the majors in home runs and was last in stolen bases. KC was last in home runs and first in stolen bases. BOL to all, think it is a coin toss. Personally, I don't think either of the pitchers is of the shut down variety, just got decent teams hot at the right time. No Cy Young pitchers here, in my humble opinion.
    Thanks man.
    I will be going with KC TT (U 3.5)
    I have hit 4 of 5 times I've bet on opposing team TT Under when Tillman starts at home...only loss was that game the Reds replaced their regs with AAA scrubs and scored like 7...least likely loss of them all.

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

We have cashed more tickets with Tillman than with any other pitcher in the league this year. We ain't gonna change now.

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Torn between Bal ML and KC +1
    Me too.
    I have KC +1.5 in a parlay with a hockey bet I won yesterday.
    But I can't NOT bet on Tillman.
    He has been $$ all year.
    I think I will do a small play on Baltimore ML.
    Sometimes you can hit both sides...has happened a lot this post-season.
    If I had to predict a score, would be Baltimore 4 KC 3
    Actually waiting for 5Dimes option for Baltimore +1/2, +1
    Love this bet because you're not paying the juice for +1, but if they lose by 1, you get half the wager back.
    For example, the ML might be -122.
    If I wager $10 and lose, I lose $10; win and get about $8.50
    If I wager $10 and O's lose by 1, I lose $5; win and get about $7.
    Last edited by RollinDo; 10-10-14 at 10:55 AM.

BeanTownClown88

RD I think you pushed me to take Bal..I can't see them losing..the bats are too hot and James has been average, giving up runs.

RollinDo

RD I think you pushed me to take Bal..I can't see them losing..the bats are too hot and James has been average, giving up runs.
    Ok.
    Just keep in mind JS has pitched both games at home, where he tends to give up more runs...bigtime pitcher on road...kinda like MadBum.

BILLY MEIER
    BILLY MEIER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1676

Thinking of betting baltimore alternatve line PLUS 1 1/2 runs, $230 to make 100

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88RD I think you pushed me to take Bal..I can't see them losing..the bats are too hot and James has been average, giving up runs.
    Ok.
    Just keep in mind JS has pitched both games at home, where he tends to give up more runs...bigtime pitcher on road...kinda like MadBum.

SEE ABOVE STATS

BeanTownClown88

Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88RD I think you pushed me to take Bal..I can't see them losing..the bats are too hot and James has been average, giving up runs.
    Ok.

SEE ABOVE STATS
    I see them but Tillman has been good and the O's have been hitting all year and continued against Detroit.
    KC is catching fire and if it was against anyone but the O's I'd prolly hop on them. Riding the Orange Crush to the end!

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

I see them but Tillman has been good and the O's have been hitting all year and continued against Detroit.
    KC is catching fire and if it was against anyone but the O's I'd prolly hop on them. Riding the Orange Crush to the end!
    BOL.

BeanTownClown88

BOL.
    You too! looking forward to conspiring this weekend!

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

squandered
    country breakfast loves to hit into the double play

bluetooth3

Lol well I suck. These playoffs have whooped my ass. I'm going to be a fan and no more baseball betting. I couldn't hit water if I fell out a boat! Lol Bol all!!

RollinDo

Well...I should have just stuck with my parlay with Royals +1.5
    Lost 2 bets on O's...Tillman had been $$.
    Tonight my big play is on Under 6.5
    But it may be a rerun of 1st games in last series where pitching was non-existent...could be a 6-4 game for all I know.

BILLY MEIER
    BILLY MEIER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1676

I bet kc live Risking $900 to make 100, thought it was a lock when kc was up by 4 runs, well i still one but im not betting baseball no more that game took years off my life span lol

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

I'll be damned. Every dog winning from here to breakfast in playoffs. First time I have lost money on Tillman all year.
    Maybe he's coming down with Ebola. Hope not, still money to be made with Tillman.

bluetooth3

I just cant get any feel for these playoffs. I am just plain brutal! So I am going to do what is best and just be a fan. As much as I want to continue betting dogs like I did all year, going to hang them up! Or so I say lol

Best of luck all!

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bluetooth3 View Post
    I just cant get any feel for these playoffs. I am just plain brutal! So I am going to do what is best and just be a fan. As much as I want to continue betting dogs like I did all year, going to hang them up! Or so I say lol

Best of luck all!
    You know there are other wagers you can take: TT's over/under, first 5 etc. You don't always have to go sides. Just a thought.

bluetooth3

You know there are other wagers you can take: TT's over/under, first 5 etc. You don't always have to go sides. Just a thought.

Oh yeah. Pretty familiar with all sorts of wagers. Just when you are cold, you are cold...but im freezing! Doing well in football, so on a profitability standpoint, got to go where the $ is. I had a great season until the final month and these playoffs are cleaning me out.

Thanks for the insights though, ill still be around...Just remember, whatever I say, GO OPPOSITE! lol

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

LOL. Talk to you tomorrow AM about NFL.