rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

rjt MLB plays April 23 (YTD 24-18-3)

Yesterday: 1-4 -3.15 units
    YTD: 24-18-3 +6.85 units

2* A's/Orioles under 8.5 -120: Matchup of two of the better young pitchers in the AL. Danny Haren, in particular, has been outstanding so far, but has a losing record due to a lack of run support. Erik Bedard has been has been inconsistent thus far, and is coming off a poor performance against Tampa. However, I don't think Oakland's offense poses the same threat as the Devil Rays. Bedard has also been a far more effective pitcher at home.

1* Yankees/Devil Rays over 10.5 -120: Casey Fossum has had reasonable success against the Yankees, but this is a tough spot against an angry NY team coming off a sweep against Boston. The Yankees will have a fully healthy lineup with both Matsui and Posada expected to play, and this NY team dominates lefthanded pitching. Igawa hasn't been impressive for the Yanks, and I think he will have problems with Tampa's offense, which can really hit, particularly playing at home. If this game turns into a bullpen battle, runs should be plentiful as Tampa's pen is simply brutal and the Yanks pen is overworked after the Red Sox series.
    Last edited by rjt721; 04-23-07 at 12:19 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm passing on both these totals myself. I do however disagree with your O's/A's under though bud.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Adding:

1* Mets RL +105

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

like the value in the met RL.. gl

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know about that under RJT, I like the over. Haren's numbers and the Oakland lineup's numbers are affected significantly by their pitcher-friendly home park. Obviously the market agreed at first, the number went down a full half-run. But I took the over 8 at +105, I think there was value there, and the number has bounced back up a bit. Bedard of course is entirely capable of a shutout, but he also stumbles as much as he shines, and if he has a so-so day, which happens to him quite often, Oakland will get close to 8 all by themselves.

The Mets' pick, that's a bit tricky, but I agree with it, I took the ML myself. The RL is interesting, because the Mets win a lot of one-run games at home, which is bad for the RL, but Buchholz has an extremely high degree of volatility, which favors the RL. I do like the Mets to pull this one out though.