PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    pitches in a bad division
    lots of gems against diamondbacks rockies and padres

glad he lost
    This!

San Fran has a shitty lineup too. Imagine if you take AL's top pitchers like Felix, Kluber, or Sale and put them in the NL where they face pitchers every time thru the lineup... let alone in NL West where they pitch against a bunch of garbage lineups. Things would look a lot different

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32273

^
    SF has an above average MLB linup.
    12th in majors in runs scored, 11th in hits and RBI's, 10th in average......

What SF doesn't do is hit a lot of homers, and could walk a little more, but they are not shittty, they are not trail blazers, the lineup in not murder's row, but a line up that has a master stickman like Pence in it, pop with Posey and Belt, and Sandoval, albeit it fat, can hit

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32273

The talking heads on ESPN, WFAN, et al are jumping ugly on Mattingly.
    I am not a big fan of Mattingly as a manager, but he's in a bad spot today.
    He's going to get shit canned, that's a given, but, what was he to do at the start of the seventh?
    Kershaw had just pitched a very tidy sixth inning, pull him at the start of the seventh all the pundits are going to be screaming
    "Why did you pull him, he was great in the sixth", today Mattingly is getting "you stupid hick, why didn't you yank him, you saw what happened in game 1

From where I sit, Mattingly never should have gotten the rock to begin with.
    He had other options other than CK on three days rest and after a 110 pitch effort.
    He started the year hurt, then pretty much pitched every inning of every start since May.
    He was spent.
    Ray Charles could have seen Kershaw was running on fumes.

Mattingly blew it in game 1, his team was up 6-2 in the seventh.
    Top of 7, Cards start doing what Cards do, play slappy ball.
    First batter, chink single from Holliday, second batter, slappy single from Peralta.
    This is where you pick up the phone, dial up the BP, get a lefty and righty up and ready.
    This is where you send out pitching coach "CK? How you feeling? getting tired? Can you get Molina?"
    Buy time, get him out of there, red flags and flares should have gone off an inning earlier when Carp took Kershaw deep in the sixth.
    Molina singles.
    Bags loaded. GET HIM THE FUK OUT OF THERE, I don't care who you are, you just gave up 4 hits in a row, in game 1, big game in a best of 5.
    Adams singles in a run, 6-3 now. What the fuk is he still doing in there.
    Strikes out Kozma, bit fukking deal, Grandma Plopwell K's Kozma in that spot.
    Jay singles, 6-4 now, K's pinch hitter Taveras.

And here comes Carpenter again.
    6-4 game, Carp had just took CK deep last inning, Kersahaw is still pitching.
    Mattingly must have meatloaf for brains letting CK pitch to him yet again.
    Carp crushes a double, 7-6 now, AND NOW MATTINGLY HOOKS HIM.

This is where the whole series unravelled, in game 1.
    That is going to cost Donnie his job, and the only MLB job he'll ever see again is hitting coach or instructor, because he can not manage in the bigs, baseball people said that before he was hired, and proved it all last week.

He is not baaseball smart enought to be a big time, big game manager.

I am rooting hard for KC, if I was a die hard KC fan, I'm having nightmares that Yost will be the KC version of Mattingly.
    Showalter annoys me, don't like him, but he's clearly the better bench jockey, and if Yost gives Buck a chance, he'll get outmanaged under the table.

This is why SF has a fighting chance to represent.
    Bochy is a top flite, in game manager.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Bunch of bs this guy getting MVP

Stanton was the NL MVP
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

even though i'm a dodger fan, this guy doesn't deserve the mvp. i'd actually be embarrassed accepting the award...

First 1234