Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

Jon Lester at + Money on wild card game ..

What I'm I missing? Lester without a doubt should be a favorite. Just look at his post season track record . Seems like a gift from bookies to me.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Suckers who bet on Oakland after AS break have taken a dive in their BR.
    A's are average team at best now.
    Don't see how they pull this out.

Amadeo-Picks

Yea they have come back down to earth , but neither team has a hitter that anyone can say is a threat to impact the game. So it will be a close game throughout but Lester is just another animal in the post season , so the + money seems like a good choice

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Dont you think that getting a lefty ace on the road with that big + sign a few more bucks is fishy?

Amadeo-Picks

Yea it seems fishy , because before the lines came up I was almost sure Lester would be the favorite ...

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Like Lester, hate Oakland bats.

Amadeo-Picks

It will be a pitchers duel and like I said , Lester is a different type of animal in the post season

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeo-Picks View Post
    It will be a pitchers duel and like I said , Lester is a different type of animal in the post season
    But every "pitcher's duel" in the past 3 weeks has been anything but.
    I expect a 4-3 type game...KC

As far as a total, if you like Under, buy the hook to 7 or take a chance at 6 with plus $.

RollinDo

U 6 is a strong play for the NL wild card game.
    Probably a 3-1 game.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Like Lester, hate Oakland bats.

I love Lester in this type of game. Hate the A's offense and KC has been playing much better down the stretch, not to mention this is their first post season appearance in 25 years and they are at home.

Lester can't win the game 0-0 so I will probably take KC, but want to see how line ups compare first. Lester is the best big game pitcher in baseball so we can all bet that he will be dealing

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    I love Lester in this type of game. Hate the A's offense and KC has been playing much better down the stretch, not to mention this is their first post season appearance in 25 years and they are at home.

Lester can't win the game 0-0 so I will probably take KC, but want to see how line ups compare first. Lester is the best big game pitcher in baseball so we can all bet that he will be dealing
    29 years, LOL. BOL.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

29 I am corrected!! Those KC peeps gotta be STARVING

Just Blaze
    Just Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Oakland's offense has been so inept lately it's been painful....if you watched any games of that texas series this price is exactly where it should be. Those were MUST WIN games against a bottom 5 team in the league and they shit the bed. It's hard for me to say I see Oakland scoring more than 4 runs any game any day of the week, and that puts so much pressure on your starter knowing they gotta throw a gem every 5 days on the bump. Losing Cespedes in the middle of that order was so huge for them.

Even bigger problem is that recently their 5 guys hitting .230 don't even have good situational ABs and fail at fundamentals 101 like get em over get em in. Even if they win this game they are going to be trampled by anyone of DET LA or BALT unless they magically stop playing the way they have the last 40 games.

With their play recently I feel like Oakland and Seattle should play each other 162 games a year, then put on a national geographic show about snails and see what gets better ratings.