SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brad Diamond: Play Phils +120 in Cincinnati

Play Phils +120 in Cincinnati

Game Time: 4/20/2007 7:10:00 PM -
    By: Brad Diamond
    http://www.playbook.com/

Not much has gone right for the Phillies this season, but Jon Lieber has historically pitched well vs. the Reds, and the Phils are 16-7 vs. the Central Division, so look for an upset.

Veteran right-hander Jon Lieber makes his initial start of the season for Philadelphia tonight, taking the spot of Brett Myers, who was delegated to the bullpen.

Lieber was hit hard, posting an 11.57 ERA in his short stint in the Phillies pen, and he simply looked out of balance and frustrated. However, being on the road should help his focus. Lieber is 11-8 with a 1.19 WHIP lifetime vs. the Reds.

Opposing hurler Kyle Lohse of Cincinnati is 1-0 with a 2.53 ERA, with the Reds winning two of the three games he has appeared in this season. However, the veteran is just 2-5 the last seven times that he has pitched with four days of rest.

Philadelphia has won four straight in Cincinnati and 16 of 23 vs. the National League Central. Even without Ryan Howard, look for the Phillies to pull the upset here.

Play: Phillies +120

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I respectfully disagree with you Mr. Diamond. I like the Reds in this game. Lieber was in the pen this year and even though he might be use to throwing a lot of pitches during a game. I don't feel this is a very good spot for him considering Manual won't let him go deep in to the game. I don't trust that Phillies pen at all.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

i dont trust the team at all lol. Reds lost a tough one last night theyll be coming back strong.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Thats the only way I could play this game. I think we see Lohse give some up today.