onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Longest hitting streak this 2007 season.

David Wright of the Mets, extended his hitting streak on Thursday. Giving him a 26 game hitting streak, stretching back into last year.

Does he hit 30+?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he will make it to 30 games.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

I also think he will easily make it to 30. It will get real fun after that point to see how far the young lad can get.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The thing that stands out to me is that Wright has 0 (count'em) homers to this point. Could it be that he is so consumed with keeping this streak going that he had stopped swinging for the fences?

icsky3
    I'm always broke.

I guess that would be something to think about, but most of these guys are swinging for base hits anyways and the homers just come. That's the problem with some of the cold power hitters right now is they they are swinging for the fences and not doin what david is doing. The hr will come, but as long as hes getting on base and getting runs and rbis, I see no problem with him hitting 0. But thats just me.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

icksy,

Point taken, but remember that his is a 30 HR, 100 RBI guy that has combined average and power in the past at every level.

P.S., I LOVE this kid, and I am not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

icsky3
    I'm always broke.

hah ewww LT IS GAYYY. juust playin lol. but yeah i like em too hes real laid back and not up his own ass. or so it seemed at the all-star game last year and the hr derby. hes a good ol' boy. but remember too its not even the end of the first month. im sure hell catch fire (for the fences anyhow) and hopefully its during this streak so it makes it that much better.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I have him on my fantasy team, he needs to start swing for the fences.

Though I would like to see David get close to the record.

I like the kid too LT. I just can't use the love word.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Well I hope I didn't jinx David. He went 0-3 and a walk yesterday to snap the hitting streak at 26.

Lets hope someone else gets this high so we can keep watch.

kayvebear
    kayvebear's Avatar Become A Pro!

You don't have to be gay to absolutely fall in love with some of these players. I am a straight heterosexual male, but I personally think Jonathan Papelbon is the sexiest human being that has ever walked the face of the earth. David Ortiz comes in a close 2nd. When either of them get up the plate or the mound, my heart skips a beat. Go red sox.

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Papelbon...sexy. Hmm, we all have our own opinions. To me he looks like a scare crow or something...but I sure like to watch the guy pitch

sup kayve!