Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Rank the top 10 MLB Managers who are still in World Series contention

1. Mike Matheny- a hard nosed former catcher who the players love playing for. Not much older than the players and the guys can really look up to him as a leader.

2. Buck Showalter- Former World Series winner and one of the sharpest minds in the game. Gets the most out of his players.

3. Bruce Bochy- already with a couple rings. Calm, cool, and collective.

4. Clint Hurdle- This guy is a true baseball guy, love the way he manages.

5. Lloyd McClendon - A players coach and a guy who gets the most out of his players.

6. Mike Sciocia- hated by some but the guy finally has the Angels playing at max potential. The team didnt skip a beat when Richards and Skaggs went down.

7. Matt Williams- is rumored to run a tight ship in DC. Holds all players to the same standard whether a star player or platoon guy.

8. Bob Melvin- great regular season coach but perhaps was the reason the A's didnt get past the Tigers last October.

9. Brad Ausmus- 1st year guy but the former Tiger catcher seems to be doing a decent job lately getting his team to gain momentum heading into the playoffs. Some say with the Tigers talent they should be running away from the rest of the division but I think he will have his team ready for a nice stretch run into the playoffs.

10. Don Mattingly- Guy has done a good job managing MLB's most egotistical team in the league. Litterally almost every player on the team has an ego the size of Texas but Don has done a good job improving team chemistry over the course of the year.
    Question is with all that talent can he coach his way to a world series title?
    We will see

lets hear your own top 10 MLB manager rankings of the guys who are still in contention. This can be very helpful when making a World Series future after the playoff teams are set. You can usually find good value anywhere from 2.5 to 1
    to 10 to 1

last year Boston was the favorite at 2.5 to 1 heading into the playoffs so the bookies had it right.

if i had to pick a winner at the moment i gotta roll Dodgers. They should have won it last year and last time i looked they actually had a better road record than home record so they shouldnt be too affected by not having home field in the world series.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

fukking A's are lucky they have 7 games against the rangers or some shit left along the way otherwise they would miss the playoffs