bigskings
    bigskings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

Giants Game yesterday was protested successfully, will resume. Let's watch

Guys,

Saw that many of you have the giants game yesterday.

I had a parlay betting Giants on both 5Dimes and bovada.lv, which were graded loss already.

Already heard that bovada will not care the resume result.

I am fine with it as it is the rule.

However, for those who bet the cubs ML, if your wager ever get re-activate, please let us know, then that will be a problem!

Hope they will at least stick to the rules on both sides.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

link?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

bigskings

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    link?
    http://blog.sfgate.com/giants/2014/0...ed/#26056101=0

Already won the protest. resume tomorrow

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21581

Bets stand. Standard rule. Later protests don't change grading.

And MLB's ruling ignored precedent. They better change the rule so that they'll actually have authority to do this next time this happens.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Game is already final for betting purposes, just as any suspended game would be. Nothing will change and whatever happens after the game resumes is irrelevant for betting purposes.

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Bs for bettors!!

bigskings

Yeah, i saw the rules on the website.

Sad, but nothing can do .

just hope they will not try to screw someboday

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Game is already final for betting purposes, just as any suspended game would be. Nothing will change and whatever happens after the game resumes is irrelevant for betting purposes.
    No. Has nothing to do with suspended. The game was ruled FINAL by the umps. It was later changed to suspended by MLB after protest. The result of a protest is never considered. Once ruled final on the field, it's final.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    No. Has nothing to do with suspended. The game was ruled FINAL by the umps. It was later changed to suspended by MLB after protest. The result of a protest is never considered. Once ruled final on the field, it's final.
    I meant it is TREATED same way as a suspension. But yeah, once a game is ruled final, any overturn later is not recognized.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I meant it is TREATED same way as a suspension. But yeah, once a game is ruled final, any overturn later is not recognized.
    No it's not. If the game had been suspended the bets would have been canceled. In this case, ML wagers were graded.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Can anyone explain why Texas lost this protest (or was told they couldn't protest) about 3 weeks ago in the same situation?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/24/sp...kees.html?_r=0

If I'm Texas, I'd immediately go and file the protest now. They were ******.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Can anyone explain why Texas lost this protest (or was told they couldn't protest) about 3 weeks ago in the same situation?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/24/sp...kees.html?_r=0

If I'm Texas, I'd immediately go and file the protest now. They were ******.
    I know that you're an attorney so this will be hard for you to understand but...

The Rangers are an embarrassment to themselves, their fans, and MLB and their game result was not significant.

The Giants are in the middle of a pennant race.

Now you can feel free to carry on about how precedent was ignored etc. Both the Cubs and SF were happy with this result btw.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    I know that you're an attorney so this will be hard for you to understand but...

The Rangers are an embarrassment to themselves, their fans, and MLB and their game result was not significant.

The Giants are in the middle of a pennant race.

Now you can feel free to carry on about how precedent was ignored etc. Both the Cubs and SF were happy with this result btw.
    So yeah, apparently that's the difference. If you're team is worthwhile, you can protest. If you're not, then you can't. But ehat exactly is the cutoff. What is this happens in May? How good do you have to be?

LT Profits

No it's not. If the game had been suspended the bets would have been canceled. In this case, ML wagers were graded.
    Not true, if a game is suspended, it is final and reverts to the score after the last completed inning for betting purposes.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Not true, if a game is suspended, it is final and reverts to the score after the last completed inning for betting purposes.
    Oh, so if it wasn't tied at that point at past 4.5 then it's graded? Thanks for the clarification.