purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

cubs / padres thoughts?

liking san diego here at +108...discuss this one gents

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Like SD too... Cubs look much like the Cubs of old (pre 200 million dollar off season).... bad

i like the play

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Cubs.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

I like the Cubs here. It's a pitching matchup of 2 average pitchers, but at least with Marquis you know what you are going to get. 5-6 innings of decent ball. He's also only had one bad inning in his two starts, (which was the first inning of the season). Hensley on the other hand hasn't been able to get out of the 5th in either start and generally when a average to below average pitcher is struggling, it's hard to jump on the bandwagon without getting a real big number.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heres some info on Hensley:

Clay Hensley (San Diego Padres) - Hensley has allowed 11 runs in two games against the San Francisco Giants, which gives the right-hander a 0-2 record with a 9.00 ERA and 2.00 WHIP to start the season. Henley pitched his only career complete game against the Chicago Cubs last season, limiting the Cubs to two hits and a walk, while striking out two and throwing just 92 pitches. However, he is dealing with a blister on his middle finger that developed in his season debut, which is undoubtedly affecting his performance.
    Anyone have an update report on his blister?

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Cobra. You are my hero by the way. My damn hero. Do you have a newsletter I can sub to? Perhaps an autograph I get through email? The Whale Baby!!!! They are coming back, I can feel it. =)

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

Lets both hit a 15 game parlay 3 days in a row, pool the money together and return them to their birthplace!!

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a tough one, I think the game line is about right. Both starters are iffy. Hensley is better than he's been so far this year, but that blister may well be throwing him way off. The Cubs should be doing better than they are, and this might last for a while, we've seen this before with them, they are a team with bad character recently. Rich Hill is a class act, and the real deal, and if he avoids injury he will probably be a top pitcher very soon, very possibly this year in fact. When he starts he takes over and the Cubs are different, but when left to their own devices, when they are challenged, they wilt.

If the line moves either way, I'll strongly consider betting the team the line moved against, otherwise I'll probably lay off. But, if there's a wind blowing out, I'll be looking hard at the over, depending on lineups. 8 is a low number considering the shakiness of the starters involved.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

temp in 40s : 5-10mph wind

Padres will think they are in the Arctic Circle

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    temp in 40s : 5-10mph wind

Padres will think they are in the Arctic Circle

Deep Freeze

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

what is up with padres

last two games padres looked horrible

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Cubs have the ability to look like the best team in baseball or the worst team in baseball on any given day.