Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

The Mets are a Paplebon away from being in the playoffs.

The year, between Mejia, Fansworth and Valverde, there has to be a difference of 6 games.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Lol..huh?

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Take him. He's all yours

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Guinser View Post
    Lol..huh?
    I'm saying, anyone is better than who they have this year.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

And a Miguel Cabrera and a Clayton Kershaw. If they have these 3 guys they can make the playoffs.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    And a Miguel Cabrera and a Clayton Kershaw. If they have these 3 guys they can make the playoffs.
    maybe

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I don't think so

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

they are 5 games out. having a stud closer would definitely have them in the hunt for a wildcard spot

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I love this Met team I love the coach also

They never quit

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I love this Met team I love the coach also

They never quit
    I love Collins also. He doesn't let his team get into a hitting slump by continually changing the line up when it starts to go south. Other managers will wait it out.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    The year, between Mejia, Fansworth and Valverde, there has to be a difference of 6 games.
    The Mets pen is like this
    Level 1 Black Familia
    Level 2 Edgrin
    Level 3 Mejia Torres
    Level 4 therest
    The mets probably lost 15 games because Collins is stupid or doesnt judge talent well
    He needs to go Mejia shouldnt close he is no more then the 6th inning guys really

Mets Brass are dumbas rocks to for playing Granderbay and C Young first 3 mnths and batting them 4&5
    Yea we should have made the playoffs but we are handicapped

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

I love Collins also. He doesn't let his team get into a hitting slump by continually changing the line up when it starts to go south. Other managers will wait it out.
    Yea great call there moron he stuck with Granderbay and C Young 3 str months wtf are you talking about they hit 190 and 180 most of those months. How could anyone love Collins he is an old flame

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Mets will win next year if they play the young guys and sit Grandernothing but they wont.
    This team is pitching a defense they just dont want to see that yet

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    The Mets pen is like this
    Level 1 Black Familia
    Level 2 Edgrin
    Level 3 Mejia Torres
    Level 4 therest
    The mets probably lost 15 games because Collins is stupid or doesnt judge talent well
    He needs to go Mejia shouldnt close he is no more then the 6th inning guys really

Mets Brass are dumbas rocks to for playing Granderbay and C Young first 3 mnths and batting them 4&5
    Yea we should have made the playoffs but we are handicapped
    Granderson is getting 60 mill. WTF are you suppose to do with him????? You're not giving him the season to work it out???

Who do you want in right field instead??

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

Mets fans....keep convincing yourself you're that close to having a good team. It's the same thing year after year

2014: 71-75
    2013: 74-88
    2012: 74-88
    2011: 77-85

So CLOSE!

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by labones00 View Post
    Mets fans....keep convincing yourself you're that close to having a good team. It's the same thing year after year

2014: 71-75
    2013: 74-88
    2012: 74-88
    2011: 77-85

So CLOSE!
    Nobody said it was a good team. I'm saying it's amazing they are, where they are with these hitters. They're near the bottom in every hitting category and still only five games out of a playoff spot.

labones00
    Bo knows your sister

Understood but the Mets need to learn how to build thru their farm system, which is actually pretty decent. Between Wright, Colon and Granderson they are dropping 30 million ++ this year. They need to rebuild and do it with young players imo

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

You can have him.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

What timing. Grandy 1st and 3rd no outs. Does nothing. They end up with nothing.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

The only thing that cost the Mets this year other than the first 2 months of the year with the bullpen was Terry Collins.
    He's absolutely horrific as a manager.
    Reminds me to be as clueless as Bobby Valentine, another guy who was praised somehow during points in his managing career which I was astonished by.

Mejia is like 25 out of 28 in saves by the way. He isn't the problem at all.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    The only thing that cost the Mets this year other than the first 2 months of the year with the bullpen was Terry Collins.
    Reminds me to be as clueless as Bobby Valentine, another guy who was praised somehow during points in his managing career which I was astonished by.

No. What cost the Mets was an overall lack of talent in their everyday lineup.

BennyBigIdiot.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Mets will win next year if they play the young guys and sit Grandernothing but they wont.
    This team is pitching a defense they just dont want to see that yet
    Mets suck.. Have no hitters and can't score and can never beat the Braves or Nats... Keep dreaming....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: labones00

Bluehorseshoe

Mets have 20 blown saves this year. 6 behind the leader.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Granderson is getting 60 mill. WTF are you suppose to do with him????? You're not giving him the season to work it out???

You have no clue Den decker and Newy have much more value than a 215 granderbay

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Mejia is third level Mets BP no more 15 of his last 19 1 inning stints he lets at least 2 guys get on ....yeah he is a luck box but they have much better talent then this dirty pig clown ...the move is trade him while he has value with those luck box saves also trade Duda its his career year which when you look at it ....isnt worth much

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

When I went to the miami series one game they played Den Decker Lagarus and Newy in the OF Grandernothing sat like he should.
    Those 3 guys playing the OF cover more ground then any team going right now plus all have guns yeah they struggle hitting but given a full year I think they all hit over 260 we win with speed defense and pitching thats are game plus next year the BP is going to be a monster

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Granderson is never going to be benched for the joke of a contract the MEts gave him.
    Nor will any team in baseball be willing to take him now.
    But what do they do need to do that Collins has refused to do all year until this past week is bat him 6th or 7th, where he belongs.
    You can't clog the 1-5 order in your lineup with a guy batting .210.
    Granderson needs less pressure and to be at the bottom of the lineup to even have a chance.
    He was always a terrible overrated player to begin with along with the famous fake numbers at Yankees stadiums joke of a park for home runs.
    The mets are the kings of awful contracts, this was just one more to add to the list.

One thing that will help the mets next year is moving the fences in.
    They need to make that park more hitter friendly like the rest of MLB is doing.
    Too many guys on that team swinging out of their shoes with those deep fences there.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Granderson is never going to be benched for the joke of a contract the MEts gave him.
    Nor will any team in baseball be willing to take him now.
    But what do they do need to do that Collins has refused to do all year until this past week is bat him 6th or 7th, where he belongs.
    You can't clog the 1-5 order in your lineup with a guy batting .210.
    Granderson needs less pressure and to be at the bottom of the lineup to even have a chance.
    He was always a terrible overrated player to begin with along with the famous fake numbers at Yankees stadiums joke of a park for home runs.
    The mets are the kings of awful contracts, this was just one more to add to the list.

One thing that will help the mets next year is moving the fences in.
    They need to make that park more hitter friendly like the rest of MLB is doing.
    Too many guys on that team swinging out of their shoes with those deep fences there.
    Worse thing they can possibly do
    Your team excells in the field let them run after balls
    Your team has a huge staff next year no one can argue that let them win 2-1 3-2 play baseball
    like it should be played once in a while pitch run defend
    Save the bloop and a blast for teams like Balt

labones00
    Bo knows your sister

enough Mets talk already, stop overpaying guys